Spare Numanera Into the Deep book

May 20, 2016 5:02 pm
So I received my copy of Monte Cook Games Into the Deep two weeks back. Unfortunately, the pages were slightly wrinkled, like it had been left in a humid place for a while. I contacted MCG to find out if there was anything that could be done, and (as if my respect for the company could grow no larger) no questions asked, they offered to send a replacement. I asked how I could return my book, but they said to share it with a friend or library.

I'm thinking instead, some sort of charity event/auction for the book? Thoughts? No idea how I'd run it, but if they're gonna do something nice, I figure kick it up a level too.
May 20, 2016 5:03 pm
or you could mail it to me...

randomly select someone on twitter to send the book to?
Last edited May 20, 2016 5:03 pm
May 20, 2016 5:34 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
or you could mail it to me...

randomly select someone on twitter to send the book to?
I'm going to give it away either way: just given their generosity, I figured why not try to raise money at the same time? Or maybe donate it a charity that would know better what to do with it?
May 20, 2016 5:35 pm
you mean the one with the humidity damage? you might not be able to raise that much money for it.
May 20, 2016 5:48 pm
Well, that's mostly why I feel bad. I didn't expect to get a new book; the "damaged" one is pretty much fine now. I'll just give away the extra they're sending.
May 20, 2016 5:49 pm
might be a good idea. people get testy if something isn't in mint condition
May 20, 2016 6:03 pm
Maybe the book was actually taken into a submarine...
May 20, 2016 6:05 pm
there you go, you can sell it like that
May 20, 2016 6:09 pm
In the past MCG has suggested donating such things to a local library or school.
May 20, 2016 6:10 pm
that's a good idea! local library. you don't see enough roleplaying books in libraries
May 20, 2016 6:49 pm
When I was a kid.... but only D&D T_T
May 20, 2016 7:02 pm
Totally agree that water damage in this particular book should be expected, nay, demanded!
May 20, 2016 7:06 pm
Maybe a warning card: Caution book may have been taken into a submersible for authenticity and atheistic wear on book, does not give other worldly powers... wear to book may be due to just humidity in a warehouse, use at your own risk, read responsibly.
May 20, 2016 7:36 pm
They actually did say give to a friend or library. My local library doesn't stock RPG stuff, so that's out, and while I have friends who I play RPGs on random occasion, none that are interested in Numanera. It's why I thought of of a charity drive.
May 20, 2016 7:38 pm
Charity auction to raise money toward a RPG shelf at your library, heh.
May 20, 2016 7:40 pm
holy crap, I just checked out the catalog to my local library, and they have shitloads of RPG rulebooks... I think they even have RIFTS along with a good deal of the modern ones out now. holy shit, portland is run by nerds....
May 20, 2016 8:17 pm
*breathe bud... breathe*
May 20, 2016 11:07 pm
Ahhhh Golden Boy........
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.