Can't create a new game using a custom system

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 4, 2015 11:15 pm
When I try to create a new game without selecting a system (EotE isn't available) I get redirected back, lose my data (no validation messages), and no games appear in my game list.
Feb 5, 2015 12:39 am
Eeer... first problem is that EotE isn't showing up for you. Its a valid system. I'll look into both problems.

Making sure: its labeled as "Star Wars: Edge of the Empire". That doesn't show?
Feb 5, 2015 2:46 am
Keleth says:
Eeer... first problem is that EotE isn't showing up for you. Its a valid system. I'll look into both problems.

Making sure: its labeled as "Star Wars: Edge of the Empire". That doesn't show?
I get it now... on a Mac there's no scrollbar on the dropdown so there's no cue that there are more items. I do see it. (I'll go back to kicking myself now.)
Feb 5, 2015 2:53 am
Whoa whoa whoa... there's no scroll bar? On a Mac? What OS version, what browser? You're not the only mac user on the site; I'm shocked this bug wasn't found earlier! And the dropdown isn't even using any atypical CSS...
Feb 5, 2015 3:00 am
Using OSX Mavericks, latest version of Chrome. The scroll bar is hidden till I attempt to scroll.
Feb 5, 2015 3:18 am
Then it appears? Is it like that in general, eg, useless feature that looks pretty? Or is that specific to this box?

I've been considering making it a search/select combo box.
Feb 5, 2015 12:09 pm
Keleth says:
Then it appears? Is it like that in general, eg, useless feature that looks pretty? Or is that specific to this box?
It is a pretty and useless feature, yes. I think if you set overflow-y: scroll on the container that'll fix it. This time the scroll bar is visible from the start.

I've had good luck using Select2 in the past. It's a nice replacement select with very good features.
Feb 5, 2015 12:47 pm
I actually have code in the works to create a combo box, but Select2 looks nice too. That being said, I avoided overflow-y: scroll because then the scroll will appear even if its not necessary. But maybe if I add a class when there are more than 5 (thus needing a scroll), that explicitly adds overflow-y: scroll, that'll work out.

Or I could do a ton of extra work and build a custom scroll bar! Cuz that's how I roll.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.