[CLOSED] Exalted Essence: Intro Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 18, 2021 10:02 pm
https://i.imgur.com/lUNKOe4.jpg
Long before our own time, there was an era of heroic adventure. In that age of sorrows strode the Exalted, the Chosen of the highest and mightiest gods.

Creation is a world of epic passions, heroism, and betrayal. It is the stage for the legends of the Exalted — mortals raised up and granted phenomenal power as the chosen of the gods. It is a world of miracles, where countless gods, elementals, and other spirits dwell alongside mortals, overseeing the world’s natural order…or using their power to extort wealth, service, and worship.  It is a place where mortal kingdoms rise and fall, drawing strength from stolen magic, wealth,  labor, and human cunning.

The Realm of the Dragon-Blooded stands astride the ruins of the First Age, an empire that touches every land in Creation. For hundreds of years, its Scarlet Empress clenched an iron fist around the throat of the world. But now the Empress is gone, and the Realm spirals ever towards civil war. Enemies bare their fangs at the gates of empire, while hidden agents work in Heaven’s name to break the tides of chaos. Dark powers prepare to conquer the lands of the living, and in the spaces between walk beings both alive and not. Heroes come from thwarted destinies and lost worlds and the horrors of Hell itself, or they are Chosen by lesser gods to champion a cause. Some Exalted are found in time-lost vaults awaiting their final destiny, and some of the Exalted are reborn as heroes of legend long hunted by the Realm but now free to seize their own fate.

Take up the mantle of a hero, one of the mightiest beings ever to walk Creation. The Exalted  stand between the worlds of spirit and mortal. For all their power, the Exalted are undeniably  human, subject to all the joys and pains that humanity brings with it. Will the Exalted usher in the return of a bright and wondrous age, or will they herald the final end of the world?

At the end of this time of tumult many years hence, what legends will they tell of your deeds?

http://www.acrosstheboardgames.net/wp-content/uploads/exalted-second-edition5.jpg

✅ The Game System and Rules Version: Exalted Essence (Kickstarter Campaign with more info)

One Two sentence version: Exalted Essence is a narrative-focused game about epic heroes in a fantasy setting inspired by Eastern cultures including a fair bit of anime. Avatar the Last Airbender is a fair approximation of the setting in terms of feel and action if you need a media reference.

I backed the Exalted Essence Kickstarter campaign that recently concluded. I am impatient and want to try my hand at running the system based off the backer PDF. So we are all learning to play together!

✅ The Pitch: Your city is under attack from the Fair Folk, alien denizens of the roiling chaos of the Wyld outside of Creation. The city scrambles to mount a suitable defense The sudden turmoil calls to action a group of mortals touched by divinity, the Exalted.

✅ Character Creation Restrictions: None as long as you justify the character working with the group.

✅ Specialized Software and Resources: Nope, just GP. Bonus points if you're on discord, but it's not required.

✅ Player Experience Requirements: ABSOLUTELY NONE. This is intended as a beginners game for this new to the system and/ or the setting. All I ask is for a willingness to learn and be active.

✅ How to Apply: Reply to this thread, or PM/DM me
Last edited September 27, 2021 11:33 pm
Sep 18, 2021 10:21 pm
I’m interested. I used to play Exalted 1E in high school, so I have some experience with the setting (granted that was a long time ago and I don’t know what’s changed in 3E). I’ve listened to a few Onyx Path podcasts about Exalted Essence, and it sounds intriguing.
Sep 18, 2021 10:26 pm
YEET. I'm here, and I'm down. I've played 2e and 3e.
Last edited September 18, 2021 10:33 pm
Sep 19, 2021 1:03 am
I'd love to try this out.
Sep 19, 2021 2:08 am
Took a moment to find this -- I'd be interested in joining. I'm new to GP but I'm very familiar with the setting.
Sep 19, 2021 2:19 am
This sounds amazing, actually. I'd love to get involved.
Sep 19, 2021 2:15 pm
Wow! Lots of interest! If there's enough players, I may start two games
Sep 19, 2021 2:23 pm
I'd be really interested to join too if there's enough place, as I've never played the game before, and I would love some high-stakes, heroic adventures !
Just one question, however: do I need to get my hands on the rulebook, or is it unnecessary for the players ? It wasn't specified in the resources part, but I prefer asking just to be sure.
Last edited September 19, 2021 2:27 pm
Sep 19, 2021 3:02 pm
Rattila says:
do I need to get my hands on the rulebook, or is it unnecessary for the players ?
Nope, the Kickstarter is over and it won't be available for sale for probably a year. We'll be going off the pdf manuscript provided to me as a backer. I fully intend to teach everyone the game.
Last edited September 19, 2021 3:03 pm
Sep 19, 2021 3:29 pm
Ah, that's great then ! Please sign me in if possible ^^.
Sep 20, 2021 3:34 am
I'm going to be putting together some materials over the next few days and give people a little more time to express interest. I'll let you know when I'm sending game invites out
Sep 20, 2021 7:17 pm
My t-rex riding pacifist Dawn caste is ready.
Sep 20, 2021 9:02 pm
Pacifist Dawn Caste? I'm intrigued. T-Rex is a given.
Sep 20, 2021 9:12 pm
WarDomo says:
Pacifist Dawn Caste? I'm intrigued. T-Rex is a given.
It was a fun game. I had a brawl only dawn caste that wouldn't kill anything or use weapons. But he was the leader of his tribe and rode around cities on a Tyrant Lizard he raised with a group of his tribesmen following him around.
Last edited September 20, 2021 9:17 pm
Sep 22, 2021 1:16 am
Right now I've got the following interested players in no particular order:

Gnome_Chomsky
LightofMidnight
bowlgenie
Mythrim
Viatos
SchadDad
Rattila
TheVagrant

Tomorrow I'll be reaching out to each of you. I will most likely split into two groups of four. Eight exalts just seems like a bit too much concentrated power.
Sep 22, 2021 3:13 am
Sounds good to me. If we may request, Mythrim and I would like to be grouped together.
Sep 23, 2021 2:27 am
Alright folks,

Exalted Essence Intro Game 1:
bowlgenie
Ganesh
Gnome_Chomsky
Rattila
ShadDad

Exalted Essence Intro Game 2:
Light of Midnight
Mythrim
TheVagrant
Viatos

You should have an invite to your game at this point.
Sep 23, 2021 1:48 pm
Looks like bowlgenie bowed out.

We're at 4 players each on the games. I'm comfortable with up to five in each if anyone is still interested. We're still setting up the game so I will keep applications open until we're getting started with the game itself.
Sep 24, 2021 8:21 am
I have no idea about the setting or the game but I am willing to learn...this kinda reminds me of playing planetars and other celestial beings in D&D...if you have a space for a very noob player, I would like to join ^^
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.