Commenting in Public Games

Sep 19, 2021 8:36 pm
In order to encourage further engagement, would it be possible to allow permissions for a game subforum to be set in a way that you don't need to be a player in the game to post there?
It's again probably just a niche use but it could be fun to allow people who aren't players to leave comments on public games
Sep 19, 2021 8:41 pm
That would be really handy with a "You can comment on the 'back' of a post" style mechanic like on Tavern Keeper.
Sep 19, 2021 8:45 pm
As an alternative (though needing manual intervention and therefore probably note very feasible), one could always create a public forum where anyone could comment. Name it like the game and link to it from the game.
Sep 20, 2021 5:06 am
This sounds like something better included as a feature in V2, where it could fully developed?
Sep 20, 2021 5:15 am
Might be. Just something I thought to throw out. I think it would be neat, especially if included in the game. Though a "Commenting on Public Games" subforum with one thread for each public game would be fun as well. Probably very inactive but seeing a fun discussion in one thread there might lead more people to checking out that game and drive more activity towards public games in general 💁‍♀️
So that might also be a fun idea, vague!
Sep 20, 2021 5:22 am
I think this would need database changes. I try to avoid changes to the db schema.

I'm moving this to the Valinor subforum (according to google, Valinor was the island the elves went to at the end of LotR) where it can be looked at in the future.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.