An experiment...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 25, 2016 1:43 am
I need two or three people for a bit of an experiment. If you're interested in helping me out, please reply here and I'll message you with the details.
May 25, 2016 2:02 am
Sure? Sounds mysterious.
May 25, 2016 3:39 am
I like helping people
May 25, 2016 1:11 pm
Thus far, the experiment is a success. If you guys can make it work, then I'm happy.
May 25, 2016 2:45 pm
Any plan on telling the rest of us what that experiment was all about eventually? :P

It's a bit pointless to make an experiment if you're not going to "publish" results...
May 25, 2016 3:15 pm
His experiment involved getting people to agree to help without any info whatsoever, duh! ;)
May 25, 2016 4:35 pm
kalajel says:
Any plan on telling the rest of us what that experiment was all about eventually? :P

It's a bit pointless to make an experiment if you're not going to "publish" results...
My results will be published when I call the press conference announcing my total and complete domination of the free world. :P

Anyway, I remembered reading a while back that Keleth wanted to, one day, have a Mumble server on GP. Well, I've been spending a little off time here and there between taking care of familial issues messing around with my VPS, and I think I finally got it worked out...so I'll be donating the server to the use of GP for as long as I can keep it running. I'll maintain it and keep it running, to take the worry off of Keleth, and then we'll have a nice little place where the community can chat with one another.

Once I have the web-based channel viewer set up (still working on that part) and possibly a member database going (if Keleth wants to try it...that's up to him), then I'll announce the address and everything... I've had a grand total of three people connected to it thus far, and it worked well enough to let me know I have the ports and such set right on the server side.
May 25, 2016 5:30 pm
That's pretty damned cool.
May 25, 2016 5:32 pm
Be kinda cool to play in real time sometimes.
May 25, 2016 5:39 pm
szemely says:
That's pretty damned cool.
I've been wanting to contribute in some way for a while now. I use the referral links when I gotta buy something online, which is super rare. I'm terrible at coding, but I can manage a server with no problems...well, most of the time. I'm out of practice as far as command line BS goes, but eh. It hasn't changed that much in the last five years.

If the little one lets me work on it after work, I should have everything done on it by Monday. However, he is very much a "daddy's boy", and likes to "help"...and a 17 month old is worse at this coding and command line thing than I am :P.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.