[Closed] Aberrant: A dystopian supers game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 2, 2021 9:10 pm
Ok. I got the player guide. Which is different from the core rulebook?
Ok lets see if that helps.
Oct 2, 2021 9:10 pm
Here's a cheat sheet I found with Google. Not comprehensive but it might be helpful.

hopefully helpful
Oct 2, 2021 9:19 pm
PhoenixScientist says:
I only see 1 list on pg101.
Do you mean the Powers list? That’s on page 181 of the rule book, I believe. The Player’s Guide has extra rules and options. It does contain some additional Powers, as well as Merits and Flaws which are fun.
Last edited October 2, 2021 9:21 pm
Oct 3, 2021 12:18 am
Okay, I'm leaving you to it then! Have fun kicking the Injustice League's butts
Oct 3, 2021 12:51 am
PhoenixScientist sent a note to naelick
Oct 3, 2021 1:29 am
Thanks for getting the chargen conversation started! I've quickly set up the game and sent out invites already so you can carry on the discussion over there.

And thanks bowlofspinach for participating in the initial discussion. Harrigan, it ain't Fated :(

We have room for one or two more! (Bat-signal lit!)
Last edited October 3, 2021 2:20 am
Oct 3, 2021 11:42 am
Thanks for the invite, I'm going to bow out as well. Have fun!
Oct 3, 2021 12:09 pm
No prob! Thanks for the initial interest naelick!
Nov 21, 2021 3:28 pm
Recruitment update: This game has started, and is about to gain some traction, but we're still in our early posts.

We have four (maybe five) players, but scenario-wise we could do with one or two more to round up the story. Anyone else wanna play a dark DC/Marvel game using the World of Darkness engine?
Last edited November 21, 2021 3:28 pm
Nov 22, 2021 1:57 am
BedzoneII says:
Recruitment update: This game has started, and is about to gain some traction, but we're still in our early posts.

We have four (maybe five) players, but scenario-wise we could do with one or two more to round up the story. Anyone else wanna play a dark DC/Marvel game using the World of Darkness engine?
I would love to get in on this. I’ve had a concept for Aberrant since it came out but never had a chance to play…
Nov 23, 2021 1:59 pm
dropped you an invite Knighthawke if you're thinking of joining us! :)
Nov 23, 2021 6:26 pm
@Knighthawke
I was surprised to see you express interest in this game yet you have not communicated with the players in your Deadlands game in 12 days? I think I'm not alone in saying that we put forth a bit of time and effort in making our characters for that game and our initial posts. Can we expect to hear from you soon?
Jan 23, 2022 2:32 am
Bumping this thread to invite another one or two players to jump in. I'm running a supers game in a setting that is an amalgam of the DC/Marvel universes with mirror/alternate versions of the superheroes you are familiar with. It's a dystopian What If? which also steals some elements from The Boys.

The system is Aberrant 1e, a World of Darkness engine. But it's the story, not the system, that drives this game, so if you don't mind fiddling with numbers at the start, we can figure out the rest of the quirks as we go along.

We have four players and could use another one or two to round up the team. We're still at chapter 1 or thereabouts, and post frequency very much accommodates player schedules.
Jan 23, 2022 6:09 am
I’m interested if you still need a player. Haven’t played Aberrant, but I’ve tried Trinity Aeon so I (kind of) know the system.
Jan 23, 2022 1:05 pm
Good to hear from you again Jomsviking. Hmm, unfortunately we couldn't make it work the last time we put our heads together on it, so it wasn't from lack of trying. You've got me thinking about what kind of system and setting might suit T best though, I'll let you know if I think of something.

Hi Lactose, thanks for expressing interest! I'll send you an invite so that you can pop in and browse and say hi. From there you can get a sense of what kind of game we've been playing.
Jan 25, 2022 2:52 am
Wouldn't be bad at all to just Clone superman and drop the martial arts/philosophy stuff that complicates the build. Could just rip off Comet and change some things.
Jan 25, 2022 2:04 pm
Nah tweaking another player's character sheet to make it more superman-ish probably isn't going to work either. Thanks for the re-pitch anyway.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.