Notes isn't working for me

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 23, 2021 9:03 pm
I am trying to send a note to a player's character that other PCs wouldn't see. and when I hit "send" this is what it looks like, n the page:
https://i.imgur.com/ZrcUXkx.png

When I go in to edit it afterwards, this is what it says the formatting was:
https://i.imgur.com/JEt0yqd.png

Am I just adding too much stuff into a private note, or what's going on here?
Sep 23, 2021 9:12 pm
Did you neglect to enter they player's name between the quotes?
It needs to be [ note="funfungiguy"], using whoever's name you want. I don't think [ note=""] is valid, and anyway, no one would be able to see it since it is not a note for anyone.
Sep 23, 2021 9:13 pm
You need the username of the player you want the note to be read by. [ note = "ADD_USERNAME_HERE" ]. It's not the character's name, btw, so use the player's name.
Sep 23, 2021 9:16 pm
Nope. If I enter the username after the (note="") section at the first, you get the screen on the first image. When you go to edit it afterwards you get the second image, where it deleted the user's name you were sending it to. If you retype it in, and hit send, you get the first image again.

It's like it's deleting the username from the (note="") section.
Sep 23, 2021 9:18 pm
Try copy pasting the exact thing here, use my name or CancerMan's and see if it works.
Sep 23, 2021 9:31 pm
And, no: I doubt you are adding too much. Though we can not say without seeing the actual text, images can lie. :)

vagueGM sent a note to vagueGM,funfungiguy
Sep 23, 2021 10:30 pm
funfungiguy sent a note to vagueGM
Sep 23, 2021 10:32 pm
Well I don't understand this... It's working fine here, but I copied/pasted the tthrad post and literally only changed the username to VagueGM's. I even went and retried it in the game thread and it's still coming up with the first image.
Sep 23, 2021 10:36 pm
Oh what the frick... The player somehow changed their username (didn't know you can do that). The dropdown menu on the list of player names available on the Notes icon is thill the old username, but the player's username is different. So it wasn't reading that there was a player with username, I think.

So basically I guess the username's available when you click on the Notes icon doesn't update or change when a player changes their username on their profile r something.
Sep 23, 2021 11:15 pm
Good to have an answer.

Keleth will probably have to take a look at the database and sort out the discrepancy with the partial change.

I have let Keleth know to come take a look at this thread.
Sep 24, 2021 12:24 am
No problem. Thanks for the help.
Sep 24, 2021 12:48 am
What's the username/user id and the game id? I haven't changed a username recently, and you can't do it in the app. I guess it's always possible I missed someone when I do change them. You can PM it to me if you don't wanna post here.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.