A World of Adventure - SWADE Pulp [Closed]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 3, 2021 10:59 pm
This game will use the SAVAGE WORLDS Adventure Edition rules and is set in 1937 America. In the Session 0 thread, there is a document that summarizes the rules that will be in use, as well as Hindrances, Edges, and weapons of the period. Please read this document! Players in this campaign may encounter adult themes, but in general, everything should be PG-13. There will be no explicit sex and violence will be downplayed (e.g., "the villain is slugged square in the jaw" rather than a detailed description of what happens).

A NOTE ON THE NATURE OF THE PULPS:
The 1930s was a much simpler, and in many ways, a less complicated time. The lines between hero and villain were concise and clear-cut. Heroes acted in a certain way, as did their villains, and either rarely broke type. Unfortunately, it was also a time of social upheaval, when minorities and women were often treated as second-class citizens. I thought long and hard about how to handle this in this campaign and rather than outright ignore it, I have elected to overlook all but the worst of it. In most cases, racial prejudice will not play a large part in this campaign. While it certainly existed, we will not dwell on it. You will not be penalized for choosing to play a woman or a minority. Such characters, overall, will be treated exactly as any other character. This may not be historically accurate, but it’s how I want to handle it. That said, there may be villains (or even heroes) who are intolerant of other cultures. Should you choose to play such a character, it does not give you license to be rude! Please avoid the use of racial epithets or slurs and do not build your entire character concept around such.

You will be building your own characters for the campaign. I would like to see everyone post at least three times a week, but my own posting is sporadic at times and I will not be a stickler for this. The reason that my own posting is so variable is that my wife is blind and I am her eyes. Her needs come first! I generally manage to check in once per day and typically manage a post at least three times per week, assuming that the players keep pace. If you are holding up the group, your character will stand dumbfounded as the action continues. If you are going to be gone for an extended period, please let us know and I will take over your character for that time.

The game is open to players of any level of experience, from complete novices to veterans. However, I am asking if you cannot devote the time to this game, please do not sign up! Let someone else who is capable of getting involved do so! If you are a newcomer to the Savage Worlds game, be sure to check out this summary before joining us. To be clear, I did not write or draw this cartoon, I just find it relevant.

So if you're ready to join us in A World of Adventure, c'mon over to https://gamersplane.com/games/3236/ and get in on the fun!
Last edited October 5, 2021 12:44 am
Oct 4, 2021 3:21 am
Definitely interested! But I have too many ideas, lemme narrow them down and apply
Oct 4, 2021 7:02 am
https://i.imgur.com/bPBd9n6.png(We're still doing the endorsement thing, right?)

Crazybirdman joined the 'Dragons of Icespire Peak' D&D 5e beginners' game back in February.

He's been a consistent poster both in the game and in the OOC - a real pleasure to play with and a generally upbeat guy.

I have no hesitation in recommending him as a player.
Oct 5, 2021 12:45 am
Wow! So much interest that I've had to close applications! Thanks, guys! I only hope that I can live up to the build-up! And yes, crazybirdman got in! :)
Last edited October 5, 2021 12:45 am
Oct 5, 2021 2:09 am
Woohoo! Good thing I had that letter of recomendation

You do not have permission to post in this thread.