Safety Tools & Other Social Notes

Oct 18, 2021 8:19 pm
Safety Tools and General Courtosies

Lines
Our Lines are hard limits, things we do not want to come up in this game. Lines represent places we don't want to go in roleplaying.

Lines: sexual violence, LGBTQ+phobia of any kind, child abuse, violence against children, any kind of violence towards the throat (including choking and slitting of throats), anything that would trigger trypophobia

Veils
A veil is a "pan away" or "fade to black" moment. When we veil something, we're making it a part of the story, but keeping it out of the spotlight. Think of it as a way to still deal with certain themes while avoiding having to describe them in graphic detail.

Veils: sexual or romantic encounters and interactions (though casual flirting is fine)

Leaving the Game
If something comes up and you need to leave the game or pause your participation, don't hesitate to let me know. We can work together to help make that smooth for you. Also, not every game is right for everyone, and not every DM is for everyone. If you're not having fun or my style isn't for you, let me know and we can try to adjust things. But, if it ultimately just doesn't work out, no hard feelings. I understand and thanks for letting me know.There will be no hard feelings. Just... please do not ghost. :)

Please feel free to post here or PM me if you have any additional Lines or Veils you would like to add to the list, no explanation necesary. :)

(Credit for this section is due to GP user @Len, I copy and pasted most of this from him)
Oct 21, 2021 9:45 am
Please add to the Lines : anything that may trigger Trypophobia which I sadly suffer from...other than that I agree with all the Lines, Veils etc. outlined here ^^
Oct 21, 2021 10:01 am
Had to google Trypophobia and found it to be "fear of holes". Like beehives and such? I'm trying to understand :)
Oct 21, 2021 11:59 am
runekyndig says:
Had to google Trypophobia and found it to be "fear of holes". Like beehives and such? I'm trying to understand :)
Yes. I can handle large holes or hole like things except when small holes, circles etc. are close together I get nausea, get dizzy and sometimes vomit.

So I would appreciate the understanding ^^
Oct 21, 2021 1:05 pm
Is it a purely visual thing, or a conceptual one? Like, obviously an image of holes is a no-no, but would a written description of it be a problem? (Should be pretty easy to avoid either way, just thought I should check.)
Oct 22, 2021 3:53 am
Thanks for this and appreciate you sharing about trypophobia, I have never heard of this before either. Will avoid.
Oct 22, 2021 6:25 am
kadeton says:
Is it a purely visual thing, or a conceptual one? Like, obviously an image of holes is a no-no, but would a written description of it be a problem? (Should be pretty easy to avoid either way, just thought I should check.)
To me it's more of a visual thing...but it also kinda triggers in detailed descriptions of it although not severe I refrain from describing it hence the simple ''Just Google It'' lol sorry...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.