Character Creation

Oct 18, 2021 8:19 pm
Character Creation

~Basics~
-Level 4
-27 Point Buy or Standard Array
-All officially published material is acceptable (including artificer and blood hunter, but excluding eberron)
----(IMO, race should have no bearing on alignment, so don't worry about that)
-No homebrew or Unearthed Arcana (exceptions below)
-Multiclassing, feats, and variant human are allowed
-Feel free to collaborate with others on your background, since all of your characters already know each other. Want to play best friends, brother/sister, parent/child or something? Go for it! Want to have a name for your adventuring group? Feel free to workshop it!
[ +- ] Approved Homebrew Fixes
~Equipment~
-Basic equipment
-Everyone starts with 1 regular healing potion
-Everyone can also get one item off the Magic Item Table A in the DMG (listed below, but a little edited). You can roll a d100 twice and choose which result you would like. If you roll a spell scroll, roll another d100 and I will tell you what spell it is based on the level of spell scroll you rolled.
-Let me know in this thread what class you are thinking about playing so I can start curating a list of super-awesome magic items for you to choose from :)
-I 1,000% do not care about encumbrance, so don't worry about it.
[ +- ] Magic Item Table A (Modified)
~Random~

-Just something to keep in mind, this will not be a very serious game. There will be action and violence obviously, but I am aiming for some very ridiculous caricatures of characters in some of the enemies/allies you'll come across. Something that fits the vibe of Dimension20, if you happen to watch that show.
Oct 20, 2021 4:38 pm
I'm going to play a monk, and would like to hear about the Way of the Four Elements monk correction

My initial thought is of a firbolg. A gentle giant, a friend of small beasts and children. A gentle giant. But don't think he is a pushover, he will kick any bullys ass, any time anywhere

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d-n-d5e/images/4/4e/Firbolg.jpg
Last edited October 20, 2021 6:24 pm
Oct 20, 2021 6:42 pm
Awesome! Now that I look for it, I can't find the remastered version I saved somewhere, but these were the basic changes I believe:
[ +- ] Way of the Four Elements (Remastered)
Oct 20, 2021 7:49 pm
I was still thinking of playing a Cleric, Light Domain. Thinking Tiefling or maybe Dragonborn.
Oct 20, 2021 8:03 pm
aquafina sent a note to runekyndig
Oct 20, 2021 8:34 pm
aquafina sent a note to szemely
Oct 21, 2021 5:48 am
I'd like to try out an Artificer (from Tasha's), probably an Armorer as a tanky front-line defender. I think a dwarf would be fun, a smith whose magical experiments were too outlandish for the traditionalists of her clan.
Oct 21, 2021 7:54 am
aquafina says:
runekyndig sent a note to runekyndig
I'm going to have fun creating a monk with those gloves

I'll go with a Spell scroll (1st level)
Last edited October 21, 2021 10:03 am

Rolls

loot table a - (2d100)

(624) = 66

Oct 21, 2021 8:59 am
I'd stick with Ranger as my character's class with an urchin background I'll just roll a d100 for the items above:

I choose Spell Scroll (lvl1)
Last edited October 21, 2021 9:00 am

Rolls

Roll for Magic Item - (1d100, 1d100)

1d100 : (63) = 63

1d100 : (6) = 6

Oct 21, 2021 10:34 am
aquafina sent a note to mormegil
~

Spell Scroll Level 1 for mormegil: Find Familiar!
Spell Scroll Level 1 for Rune: Wrathful Smite (can use on fists if you’d like)
Oct 21, 2021 11:13 am
aquafina says:
Spell Scroll Level 1 for mormegil: Find Familiar!
Spell Scroll Level 1 for Rune: Wrathful Smite (can use on fists if you’d like)
mormegil wanna trade scrolls? Or do you want a monk who keeps chatting with your familiar :D
Oct 21, 2021 11:50 am
aquafina sent a note to kadeton
Oct 21, 2021 12:06 pm
Isn't quite overpowered to have Legendary items when we're just level 4?
Oct 21, 2021 12:09 pm
Quote:
Isn't quite overpowered to have Legendary items when we're just level 4?
Oh yes, very much so. This would break a normal campaign. But this is just a silly vignette so it’s okay to experiment with low level characters that have magic items way out of their league.

It was not mentioned in the original recruitment post, but that’s because I left it open for suggestions of things people would like to feature in the game, and overpowered magic items was one of the suggestions 😁
Oct 21, 2021 12:14 pm
Well in that case I'll take Hunter's Coat from that list ^^

Also can I change the lvl 1 scroll (Find Familiar) to something else or change it to another normal healing pot? I kinda have an animal familiar with the pet mouse I have according to the backstory I have already written...If I can't exchange for another lvl 1 spell scroll/healing pot then I am ok with no scroll on start.
Last edited October 21, 2021 12:20 pm
Oct 21, 2021 12:24 pm
Rune was wondering if you’d like to switch scrolls, switch your Find Familiar for their Wrathful smite. I think usually wrathful smite would only work on melee weapons attacks, but I’ll let you use it on a ranged attack if you’d like
Oct 21, 2021 12:38 pm
Yeah ok that works I don't know what that scroll does though lol.
Oct 21, 2021 12:41 pm
Scrolls in general are a one-time use spell. So you can read a spell scroll and cast the spell inscribed without spending a spell slot on it as if you had the spell learned/prepared normally. Rune’s was for the spell wrathful smite

Usually, you can only cast spells from scrolls that are in your character’s class’ spell list, but I don’t like that, so in my games anyone can use any spell scrolls, per my house rule here
Oct 21, 2021 1:29 pm
kadeton sent a note to aquafina

Rolls

Magic Item Table A - (1d100, 1d100)

1d100 : (31) = 31

1d100 : (66) = 66

Spell Scroll (1st Level) - (1d100)

(12) = 12

Oct 21, 2021 1:38 pm
Spell Scroll Level 1 for kadeton: Sanctuary
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.