Homebrew & House Rules

Oct 18, 2021 8:22 pm
Homebrew & House Rules

General:

- Potions are a bonus action to drink yourself, action to administer to someone else.

- Spell scrolls can be read by anyone, you do not have to have the spell on your class' spell list. In fact, you can read spell scrolls even if you can't normally cast spells!

- Nat 20 and Nat 1s are special. You will succeed and even maybe get a little extra if you roll a Nat 20 on any roll, including skill checks and saving throws. Opposite for Nat 1s.

- Decisions: This game will feature a quasi-dungeon crawl, which can really slog down a game in PbP. If one player posts something like "I move on to the next room", or "I tell the group we should go this way", we are going to assume that there is no objections to their decision. I will slow down for discussion if it is a big or important decision, but this will be in effect for decisions like 'hmm, should we go through the left door or the right door first'. But please, do not abuse this. And this is just a testing of this mechanic, if it causes problems or people don't like it, we can change it :)

- Skill Checks: Please do not wait for my confirmation to roll a skill check if you believe that something that you do will require one. I can always just ignore the roll if it wasn't needed or change the modifier. For example, if you rolled a persuasion check but a deception is more appropriate.

Combat:

- Initiative: I will roll initiative at the start of combat. Any enemies or any allies whose initiative roll in the same "grouping" can take their turns in any order. So, if you rolled a 13 on initiative but your ally rolled a 15 and they haven't gone yet, you can take your turn now, as long as there are no enemies at initiative count 14. This is to reduce wait time and help speed things up.

- AC and Saving Throws: I will provide you with all of the enemies' AC and saving throws. This is so that you can immediately know and narrate you hitting/missing the enemy. Additionally, if you cast a spell or use an ability that forces an enemy to roll a saving throw, go ahead and roll it and add/subtract the corresponding modifier that I give you for that enemy and please provide your DC, so that players taking their turn after you will know if the enemy failed or succeeded. This is also just to speed up the game. I will roll saving throws that enemies force you to make, unless they are super important life-or-death rolls, I'll let you take fate into your own hands then :)
[ +- ] For example
- Posting Frequency: During combat, if it is your turn and the initiative count is waiting on only you, you will have 48 hours to post your turn (unless you give warning beforehand that you won't be able to). If you do not give warning that your post frequency will be interrupted and 48 hours have passed, your character will take the Dodge acion and nothing else, and combat will continue. This is just to keep combat moving, but I will not be harsh or too strict, just a general guideline :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.