Help? How do I create game forums.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 30, 2016 11:54 am
Hi all,

I've managed to create a game but I can't figure out how to create the related game forums and sub-forums and can't find links to how to do so. Can someone advise?

Thanks.
May 30, 2016 12:59 pm
Go to the "Game Details" page and look for the red toolbar at the bottom. There should be a "Forum" tab to click on, which will lead you to the forums. From there you can make new threads, as well as make subforums through the admin control panel.

Hope that helps!

//Handle
May 30, 2016 1:01 pm
Hi Caledioniaman, and welcome to Gamersplane!

Now that you have created a game a new forum will have been created automatically and you will have access to it. To find it click on the Forums tab above, scroll down until you see a toggle which says "Show public games" and toggle it off (to the left). This will filter out all of the public games that you are not a part of, just leaving the Games Tavern and your game below it.

From there you can just click on your game forum and start creating new threads to your heart's content.

One other thing to note, when in your game forum you will see "Administrative Control Panel" at the top right; clicking here will allow you to create new sub-forums so that you can group similar threads together.

Have fun!
May 30, 2016 3:06 pm
Solid answers, which also show the multiple ways to get into a game. It also tells me that this information is not very clear and I need to figure out better ways of presenting it to users. Any suggestions would be welcome.
May 31, 2016 1:16 am
@Keleth

On the details page I would stick a link to the forums where it says "Game Forums Are:". Also, maybe a drop down menu for the "Forums" tab at the top that will show the forums for the games you are playing in.

//Handle
May 31, 2016 3:24 am
handle says:
On the details page I would stick a link to the forums where it says "Game Forums Are:".
Doable, used to be there, but the design wasn't working out. I need design help...
handle says:
Also, maybe a drop down menu for the "Forums" tab at the top that will show the forums for the games you are playing in.
You mean in the main, red menu? The issue there is what about the people in more than a few games?
May 31, 2016 3:48 am
Never done web design before, but I could figure it out. What do you need done?

The drop down would get pretty big if they were in multiple games, I presume. You could also just change the text on the 'Show public games' switch. Change it to 'Show only my games', move to the top of the page, and then users would have a pretty clear idea on how to find their game forums.
May 31, 2016 6:31 am
Keleth says:
You mean in the main, red menu? The issue there is what about the people in more than a few games?
You could do the same thing as you do for the games drop-down; just show the first few. And at the bottom of that list it could say "All my games" with the same link as in this example.
May 31, 2016 1:20 pm
fluglichkeiten says:
Keleth says:
You could do the same thing as you do for the games drop-down; just show the first few. And at the bottom of that list it could say "All my games" with the same link as in this example.
Oooh yeah, that's a better idea than mine!
May 31, 2016 1:46 pm
handle says:
fluglichkeiten says:
Keleth says:
Oooh yeah, that's a better idea than mine!
And that's a reasonably easy fix. I'll work on it.
May 31, 2016 3:17 pm
Thanks guys. One further question though. How do I make my game show in the 'Join Game' list?
May 31, 2016 3:30 pm
For you impossible since you're already in it you can't join. If you let us know what the system type is we can look it up for you as you like.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.