Stargate-inspired idea for a game but need a GM

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 23, 2021 6:43 am
I had a Stargate-inspired idea for a game, that I would love to be a player in.

Somewhere around the world stable portals/gates appear. These gates to another alien world at the foot of a mountain.
It is known (through divination, dreams, markings around the gates) that on the top of the mountain is something extremely desirable. This McGuffin being the path to immortality, cure for sickness, wealth, whatever. It has started a race, as the space race, among nations and powerfull factions. Everyone wants to reach to the top of the alien mountain and claim the McGuffin prize.
The problem is that it is a 3-day journey to the top, and each night, when the sun goes down, something roams the mountain killing everyone caught on the mountain after dark.

How can someone reach the top? The different "hillrunner" groups could help or sabotage each other, share the knowledge they have gained ect. Like whipping wine plant, who will flay anyone getting to close, will fall dormant if shot with a cobber arrow A useful piece of lore while trying to clear a path up the mountain.

Anyway that was the general concept where the player group would be such a hillrunner group, backed by some faction/nation.

I would love to play this in pathfinder 2 edition. I would love to be a player, so we need a GM who thinks this idea has potential and wants to run with it. I am aware that the probability of this game coming to pass is low, but now it, is at least, out of my system.
Oct 23, 2021 12:30 pm
I like the idea. I can see it as a nice "dungeon crawler" with a mystery behind... though I have never played PF2 . This concpet could probably fit a lot of pre-made adventures which would help but I don't have time to properly GM a another game atm :(
Oct 28, 2021 10:55 am
I want to GM a Stargate themed game. Though I have a slightly different idea of how to do this. And I wouldn't use anything rules dense.
Oct 28, 2021 11:34 am
Jomsviking says:
I want to GM a Stargate themed game. Though I have a slightly different idea of how to do this. And I wouldn't use anything rules dense.
Tell me more when you are ready:)
Oct 28, 2021 11:51 am
The best way to preface this, I think, is that the person I'm most like is Dr. Daniel Jackson.

Only if Dr. Jackson was more treasure hunter than achaeologist. More mystic than scientist.

I'm looking for some daring grunts to go on a mission with Dr. Jackson making the discovery of a lifetime. First contact!

Starting very much like the first movie with some minor differences initially that will become major differences as the story progresses.
Oct 28, 2021 12:19 pm
sounds intriguing :)
I prefer Dr Jackson as well. Then Sam Charter
Oct 30, 2021 10:22 am
I don't know that I prefer him. 1Ever met someone so similar to you they just annoy you? That's how I feel about Dr. Jackson.

My feel on rules is that 3:16 would be optimal. That way you, like in a TV series can just tell me the director why it works and stick to the role you choose, not the role you are forced into by the situation.

Say for instance fighting ability, not-fighting ability, intuition ability. Like a modified version of 3:16 Carnage Amongst The Stars.

The first mission will be quite dark. Everything I write is pretty dark actually. But that's where I'm going to follow the show. Almost every single episode was written by one of the actors playing one of the main characters. I'm really into the idea of having drawing board sessions with the players to come up with their own plot devices.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.