[Interest] Anyone want to play a Space SWADE Game?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 24, 2021 8:35 am
I know I just started an OSE game, but by the gods and muses, I just have the insatiable itch to see about making a new game.

Originally, I had run a game entitled "Starlight" using the Cypher system. And while it was okay, I just feel a sort of curse with Cypher - it's hard to put to words. However, now knowing how SWADE goes, I feel it'd be a better system to utilize.

What was it like? Well, sadly it never got too far to really develop character, but the universe was references incarnate. Futurama and Spaceballs were the major sources of inspiration, along with a pinch of Borderlands. Granted, other sci-fi and space opera themes were planned to come in. Though, having Star Trek/Wars might be a bit much, considering the presence of the Schwartz and DOOP (If they aren't an analog for the Federation, I'll hand in my 100% velour uniform).

IF there's ample interest, say at least four (4) people, I'll give way and get a proper forum made. If not, shakes magic 8 ball => "Try asking another time"

If you're wondering why SWADE and not something else, it's because I want myself and the players to have lots of freedom in playing. With SWADE being a genre neutral system, it can be used for so much. Equipment and races are easy to make, especially since players even have the ability to craft their own races with rules straight from the book itself. Though, I do have a few in mind to make, such as Clap-Trap units and decapodians(Zoidbergs), among others.
So if you wanted to try and make a Hut character (as in Pizza, not Jabba), you could sure give it a go. A simple bending unit with a penchant for violence and debauchery? Bingo! It's a big universe of nerdom, with so many creatures to find, meet, and hopefully not Kirk; so go wild if there's anything you'd might want to play.

If anyone wonders about length of said proposed game, I'd say a few months if posts are frequent enough. It'll start off as the one adventure, with the option to continue on with a plethora of space antics.
Nov 14, 2021 3:01 am
This sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
Nov 14, 2021 9:43 am
I would love to try out SWADE, have barely had chance to test the system.
Nov 23, 2021 7:22 pm
If be interested. Sounds like a lot of possibility. I haven't played SWADE but plenty in deluxe.
Jan 5, 2022 6:51 am
Bumping to see if there are any other bites for the game
Jan 6, 2022 7:21 pm
Sorry for the delay. I think I would like to play a Space SWADE game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.