Early interest check: Starforged

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 29, 2021 8:35 pm
I'm brand new here, so it may be premature for me to think about running a game, but I just got my hands on the preview edition of Ironsworn: Starforged, and I really like it. I dabbled with Ironsworn and loved the system - both for solo play and for co-op. But the sci-fi setting of Starforged speaks to me more then the Viking setting in Ironsworn.

The question to the community is: would anyone be interested in a PbP Starforged game? I'd be happy with either co-op or with running it as a gamemaster for other players. It might take a little thinking to figure out how best to run it in PbP, since the rules assume a lot of back-and-forth discussion, but I think it could be made to work.

Even if I GM, this would be a no-planning, use the random tables, cooperate to decide what happens next kind of game.

If there is interest, I'll start thinking about how it could work as PbP.
Last edited October 29, 2021 8:35 pm
Oct 30, 2021 2:08 pm
I am an ironsworn beast, and I got the preview as well. I am curious about this and let us see where it goes. I am rather completely ignorant of the differences between Starforged and Ironsworn.
Oct 30, 2021 4:26 pm
Mechanically, it's partly a reskin of Ironsworn with some new mechanics for space travel and exploration. And TONS of new, sci-fi oracles. The setting is pretty interesting - more than just a generic sci-fi setting. I haven't done any solo play with it yet, but I intend to.
Oct 31, 2021 1:11 am
Let’s see if we get any more bites of interest.
Nov 2, 2021 2:45 am
I would be interested. I don't have the preview version, but I have played Ironsworn before.
Nov 3, 2021 10:38 pm
We have enough for a small crew no?
Nov 4, 2021 12:30 am
Seems like. I'll set something up in the next few days and then make an actual recruitment thread.
Nov 4, 2021 7:20 pm
Ohh man i wished i had that book! Been wanting to learn a sci fi solo
Nov 4, 2021 8:24 pm
You can pledge late here and get a pdf

All you have to do is rub the lamp!
Last edited November 4, 2021 8:24 pm
Nov 6, 2021 8:17 pm
With the Ironsworn Iron Marches game picking up steam, I'm going to put this Starforged idea on hold for now. But I do plan to come back to it at some point.
Nov 6, 2021 9:51 pm
Hey hey, didn't want to steal your vow or anything, just threw out an idea.

Actually, might be better. We can learn from the Iron Marches and point that knowledge into space!
Nov 6, 2021 11:24 pm
Not being critical at all. I just don't want to dive into too many things at once. The flexibility of the Iron Marches concept seems like a good place for me to start. And maybe if that goes well, more people will be interested in taking their vows to the stars.
Nov 7, 2021 1:37 am
Alas, show me these that would venture into this place called the Cobalt Isles.

The Cobalt Isles, a place rumored with a strange blue metal, where, according to legend, there it is better than iron?

Can it be that the Isles hold more than the Iron lands?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.