[Interest Check] Looking at a few new systems

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 4, 2021 12:47 am
I've been feeling a want to try and play some new systems. SWADE has been a good leap, but now I want more...

Star Wars FFG is appealing, though if I ran it, I would probably run an adventure I've seen to keep things easy in my noggin.

The Witcher TRPG is something I've had my eye on for a hot minute. I've no solid idea for an adventure for it, if it is run, but that's for the best. Foundations can be laid down if there's enough interest for it though.

And then there's Vampire the Masquerade. I've been dying to try and play some Vampire. It should be mentioned, however, that I'm down for either V20 or 5e. Either works as I've both systems. I do have an idea for a chronicle if it has enough interest.

Do any of these game systems entice you? Call XXX-XXX-XXXX! You may be entitled to compensation in the form of a good time and a system that's not d20 based.

(* This post endorses by a novice GM to all three systems, all games open to beginners)
Nov 4, 2021 12:49 am
There's a small group of dedicated Witcher fans (my self included). There should be no issues with getting a group together for that game.
Nov 4, 2021 12:54 am
I’ve had the VtM 5e book sitting on my shelf for quite some time. Would love to give it a try sometime.
Nov 4, 2021 1:51 am
I would love FFG, esp if it were Non-Star Wars… I am curious about the Witcher as well. :)
Nov 4, 2021 2:22 am
Having run it, I'd enjoy a chance to play V5.
Nov 4, 2021 2:29 am
LegionChimera7 says:
I've been feeling a want to try and play some new systems. SWADE has been a good leap, but now I want more...

Star Wars FFG is appealing, though if I ran it, I would probably run an adventure I've seen to keep things easy in my noggin.

The Witcher TRPG is something I've had my eye on for a hot minute. I've no solid idea for an adventure for it, if it is run, but that's for the best. Foundations can be laid down if there's enough interest for it though.

And then there's Vampire the Masquerade. I've been dying to try and play some Vampire. It should be mentioned, however, that I'm down for either V20 or 5e. Either works as I've both systems. I do have an idea for a chronicle if it has enough interest.

Do any of these game systems entice you? Call XXX-XXX-XXXX! You may be entitled to compensation in the form of a good time and a system that's not d20 based.

(* This post endorses by a novice GM to all three systems, all games open to beginners)
How did you like SWADE? I've had it for a while now and haven't done much with it. I'm thinking of running Deadlands or another western-fantasy setting.
Nov 4, 2021 2:51 am
I'd be very interested in Vampire 5E.

And also in FFG Star Wars that has no Force stuff in it.
Nov 4, 2021 4:51 am
I'll be interested in a Witcher game
Nov 4, 2021 8:02 am
I know the witcher from the books and from the games...don't know much about the TTRPG sadly...would want to join if it doesn't have much crunchy rules...my poor 8GB brain can't handle big numbers lol
Nov 4, 2021 9:52 pm
solemn_one says:
How did you like SWADE? I've had it for a while now and haven't done much with it. I'm thinking of running Deadlands or another western-fantasy setting.
It's a fun system. I'm still running the one game I have, but the one I played in off-site was pretty fun. It can make for a great time.
Carabas says:
I'd be very interested in Vampire 5E.

And also in FFG Star Wars that has no Force stuff in it.
Yeah, one thing to note is that it would be Edge of the Galaxy that I'd be running, so it's largely be players on Tatooine or other outer rim systems. It's largely no force stuff, but player can be force sensitive if choosen to.
mormegil says:
I know the witcher from the books and from the games...don't know much about the TTRPG sadly...would want to join if it doesn't have much crunchy rules...my poor 8GB brain can't handle big numbers lol
It can be somewhat crunchy from reading over it. Bunch of derived stats, rolling a d20 and adding on two additional values, plus exploding crits and fumbles.
I can try and send you a pdf to look over if you want to look it over.
So far, I'm seeing more interest in people playing V5. With four people, that's certainly enough to play. The Witcher is close second, with at least 3 people and another interested.
I'll wait a bit later tonight to make my decision. Chances are that I might run both, but wait to start the other. Invites will certainly go out before the weekend is over.
Nov 5, 2021 9:51 am
Here's another vote for The Witcher. Let's write a novel together.
Nov 6, 2021 8:53 am
I am now re-installing The Witcher 3 Wild hunt PC game. The itch won't go away
Nov 6, 2021 4:30 pm
I'd love to play some FFG Star Wars if it's on offer.
Nov 7, 2021 7:57 am
mormegil says:
It's easy enough for me to learn. If you've ever played Fuzion or Cyberpunk It's identical.

The Witcher TTRPG requires a lot of rolling is all.
Nov 7, 2021 6:45 pm
Jomsviking says:
mormegil says:
It's easy enough for me to learn. If you've ever played Fuzion or Cyberpunk It's identical.

The Witcher TTRPG requires a lot of rolling is all.
I don't know what does are too sadly lol...I'll search for a primer on that TTRPG if it's too much numbers game for me I think I'll have to look at other game systems...is that Star Wars game easier? and I also have an idea about SWADE since I picked up a book on a whim...dropped my last SWADE game here since the setting is some kind of SCI-fi which I'm not a fan of due to lots of time investigating and some game concepts not properly explained to a newbie...

anyway sorry for the ersatz rant lol let's game on!
Nov 8, 2021 11:15 am
Hoooo, more votes ^^;

Well then, guess I'll have to make the Witcher game a bit sooner, so maybe a month down the line, if not towards the beginning of the new year so as to not start up around the beginning of the holidays. That way I'll have time to reread the rules as get ideas for a story. If anything, I'll create a forum to at least get everyone interested in and gather info/ideas.
mormegil says:
.is that Star Wars game easier?
As far as the Star Wars system goes, kinda? The FFG uses special proprietary dice, thankfully replicated on-site. No number on them, just symbols. Good/Bad one cancel the opposites, so you're basically seeing what you have after to determine the results. Essentially, rolls are never always good or bad - they can have positive or negative twists. Like, for example, you might have successfully picked a lock, but accidentally tripped a silent alarm. It's pretty malleable.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.