Interest Check - Savage Grimm

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 4, 2021 9:25 pm
Hello,
I'm just taking a stab at an idea I've been working on for a while and I've been sketching it out for some time as a conversion to play with my kids and nephews/nieces.

Would anyone be interested in playing a Savage Worlds version of the RPG Grimm?

Brief Primer:Your characters (possibly teens or young adults) are transported into a world of Fairy Tales and nightmares!

Requirements: None. I'm even thinking of using some pre-gen characters aside from some cosmetic details that would be up to the player to fill in.

Either way, just checking! Let me know.
Nov 4, 2021 9:44 pm
That's a solid idea, I'm definitely interested. Are you basing this on the old Grimm rpg?
Last edited November 4, 2021 10:11 pm
Nov 4, 2021 9:46 pm
Quote:
Savage Worlds version of the RPG Grimm
Looks like it :D

It does sound like a greta idea and I love SW... I didn't really want to join another game at the moment, though. Tough choices.
Nov 4, 2021 10:11 pm
Yep, that's what I get for getting excited and not paying attention. :)
Nov 5, 2021 12:47 am
Squadfather44 says:
That's a solid idea, I'm definitely interested. Are you basing this on the old Grimm rpg?
That's right. I'm primarily converting from the older Grimm RPG! Still tossing the ideas about the ages of the Player Characters. With SW it should be easy to do either kid or teen. . .which would probably fit pretty awesome with the theme.

But yes, drawing heavily from that old setting I have. :)
Nov 5, 2021 12:56 am
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
Savage Worlds version of the RPG Grimm
Looks like it :D

It does sound like a greta idea and I love SW... I didn't really want to join another game at the moment, though. Tough choices.
Hah. I can understand that. To be forthright, I will say, it may be a few weeks before I have things settled to actually play. I'm still working through a few concepts and logistics of how to execute things. . .but, I'm aiming for it to be more Sandbox style.

But, to save time and streamline some issues I'm going to go sort of a PbtA playbook style approach and have players select a playbook at "Novice" level - - fill in some details about that character - - and off we go! :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.