Tabletop: OOC and World-Building

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Nov 12, 2021 9:56 pm
Just because they aren't feared or hated doesn't mean they don't give people the Wiggins. Maybe Magi have a slight magic aura that causes people's hair to stand on end. So people just kinda don't like to be around Magi.
Nov 13, 2021 4:54 pm
They are just not stoned or cast out like McCloud in Highlander. People are just wary. But most medieval peasants are wary of scholary, studious intelligence types.

At least that's the way it is here in the United States!

I am an uber-nerd, stuck in the realm of fantasy, magic and imagination. For most of my life I have seen politics as a dirty, messy thing too low for me to get involved in.

Perhaps mages share that sentiment. They don't want to get involved in political power, because for them it isn't real power. Summoning Cthulu into a crowd of goblins is true power.

So they know something more, a higher calling, and anyone with that calling is shunned by sheeple.
Nov 14, 2021 7:42 pm
Heyo. Thanks for inviting me in. Just introducing myself and summarizing what I've read so far. We have all arrived at Fort Arneson on the Cobolt Isle. This will be our adventuring hub from which we will start out. There is only one island for now, but depending on how the campaign goes, we may add others. We have a mage in the group, which is uncommon and they are given a second look whenever they pass by. Anything else?
Nov 15, 2021 3:59 am
optimumsquare says:
Heyo. Thanks for inviting me in. Just introducing myself and summarizing what I've read so far. We have all arrived at Fort Arneson on the Cobolt Isle. This will be our adventuring hub from which we will start out. There is only one island for now, but depending on how the campaign goes, we may add others. We have a mage in the group, which is uncommon and they are given a second look whenever they pass by. Anything else?
I think you basically got it :)
Nov 15, 2021 4:43 am
Welcome, optimumquare!

Valdus, I could use a little guidance regarding exploration. My character's inciting incident is sending him on a journey right off the bat. How do you envision using the hex flower in conjunction with the journey mechanics? Should we treat each hex as a waypoint, or do you have something else in mind?
Nov 16, 2021 4:26 am
Know what—I'm just going to create a thread and get started. Someone's got to be first to jump in, I guess :)
Nov 16, 2021 5:25 am
callan says:
Know what—I'm just going to create a thread and get started. Someone's got to be first to jump in, I guess :)
DO IT! guess that means I got to build a character huh? Expect it tomorrow night.
Nov 16, 2021 10:16 pm
Not sure who is going to read this in my groups. I have been caught up in fighting the insurance dragons as of late and its pretty pretty bad. You must battle tooth and claw with those people. And all I am doing is asking them to do their job. I should be back on the rp horse on Wednesday me think.
Nov 17, 2021 2:44 am
Good, luck Valdus.
Nov 17, 2021 5:25 am
As someone who just went through this, may your steel be sharp, and your heart fierce. You face a tireless and uncaring nemesis.
Nov 17, 2021 7:46 am
I don't envy you, bud, but do what you've got to do. I wish you all the (good) luck in the world!
Nov 17, 2021 11:47 pm
Hey do you all want me to create a thread of the shady dragon inn inside Fort Arneson? I know its the character repository but I think an IC place to springboard would be fun. I wonder if we have an TAVERN MOVES?
Nov 18, 2021 1:29 am
Valdus says:
Hey do you all want me to create a thread of the shady dragon inn inside Fort Arneson? I know its the character repository but I think an IC place to springboard would be fun. I wonder if we have an TAVERN MOVES?
We damn well should.
Last edited November 18, 2021 1:47 am
Nov 18, 2021 10:04 am
Valdus says:
I'm not sure exactly what you are proposing here, but I still say 'go for it'.
Dec 29, 2021 6:14 pm
So I sit back and wonder, coming back to the Cobalt Isle if this Iron Marches thingamudoodle actually works. Can people just come in and drop out? Insurance bouncing checks, bad contractors, mustering holiday cheer, hosting Thankgiving Dinner without a kitchen, all that, all that lovely blissful that which hiatused (is that a word?) me from this forum. I am trying to get back into it, not easy, for the distractions are big and plentiful- and not many tax-deductable; so if you will have me casually, I guess I have returned.
Dec 30, 2021 9:04 pm
The first thing I discovered is that a GM needs to let people into the game. I got the GamersPlane crew to make me co-DM so I could do that. Maybe we should make everyone who comes in a co-DM, so that anyone can let anyone else in. Unless there is some way to make the game auto-accept people, but I'm not aware of that being possible. I think the game also needs to be advertised now and then so new people see it and older folks remember it.

As for people dropping out when they can't make it, that means whoever is left in the expedition has to carry on. That seems to work ok, though the characters previously involved just kind of disappear (or at least, that's what happened in the Bastien+ adventure). But we're still having fun in that adventure, so it seems fine.
Dec 31, 2021 12:37 am
Damn I had not remembered that only GM's can let people in, rather big sorry about that. I think I would have gotten an email of a message to me, oh well. Here I am. Let me review our adventure and Kurgan should be back in.
Dec 31, 2021 12:44 am
I knew you had disappeared to deal with real life stuff, so I didn't want to bother you with a message. I hoped you wouldn't mind my becoming a GM, since it seemed like the intent of the game.
Apr 29, 2022 4:59 pm
Yeah the real stuff got real real during Mardi Gras- as in Recovery real. I can retire this game if it is getting in anyone's way or is simply an eyesore on the site's memory.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.