LFG emails

Nov 26, 2021 12:05 pm
From Justin Hammer on discord:
Is there a reason why every time I get an email about a new game it's not open to applications? Why do I get notifications about games that aren't accepting players?
We should revisit this functionality. Either use it or lose it.
Nov 26, 2021 12:21 pm
is the email sent when a new game is created or the first time the new game is open application?
By having a new game being closed for application by default, would ensure that emails are sent to those who are keeping an eye for certain types of games (the original function) but only when the GM is ready to recruit.
Nov 26, 2021 12:24 pm
runekyndig says:
is the email sent when a new game is created or the first time the new game is open application?
By having a new game being closed for application by default, would ensure that emails are sent to those who are keeping an eye for certain types of games (the original function) but only when the GM is ready to recruit.
We could move that code from creation to opening - that would make sense.

I'm a little concerned that if people start open/closing/open/closing/open/closing then it'll keep sending emails, and I don't want to have to faff with storing whether this is the first open.
Nov 26, 2021 12:44 pm
you could have a emailsent = true/false
only send mail if false, when sent change to true
Last edited November 26, 2021 12:45 pm
Nov 26, 2021 12:50 pm
Adam says:
We could move that code from creation to opening - that would make sense.
Agreed. If we send emails, they should happen when a game opens for application, not when it is created.
Those events used to be one and the same.
Adam says:
I'm a little concerned that if people start open/closing/open/closing/open/closing then it'll keep sending emails, and I don't want to have to faff with storing whether this is the first open.
Is this actually a bad thing? If someone reopens a game that sorta means they are wanting to attract more interest, so an email may be in order.

The wording will need to change since the email is no longer about 'new games created' but about 'games looking for players'.
Nov 26, 2021 12:57 pm
vagueGM says:

Is this actually a bad thing? If someone reopens a game that sorta means they are wanting to attract more interest, so an email may be in order.

The wording will need to change since the email is no longer about 'new games created' but about 'games looking for players'.
Good point

You do not have permission to post in this thread.