Hmm?

Nov 30, 2021 11:56 pm
Did I see a reboot go up?
Dec 1, 2021 12:47 am
Yes.

I had wondered / hoped that by keeping it private that it wouldn't advertise when I posted ... But since the cat is out of the bag.

I am rebooting the game. I feel like that with a game under my belt I am comfortable with the rules and know what I like / disliked about the first game (mainly I think I was a bit generous with the equipment / credit rewards). So I've been cleaning up my house rules and cleaning up the wiki and have a more clear idea about the story. You guys were actually very informative on that front.

My plan was to get the board set up and then launch the game publicly (sending direct invites to those who stuck it out the first go round). Hopefully that occurs in January.

Seuss
Dec 1, 2021 6:30 am
Ha ha, sorry to call you out like that. I wonder if there's a way to stop GP from blasting out your game when it gets created.
Dec 3, 2021 2:19 pm
Out of curiosity's sake ... would your thinking be that you would continue on with Wals? Or perhaps maybe you have some regrets with the build and want to begin at 1st level?

Or alternatively just begin again from scratch with new character entirely?

Thoughts?

Seuss
Dec 3, 2021 4:58 pm
Btw, I d love to continue/start again with Lucky also ;)
Dec 3, 2021 7:28 pm
TheVagrant says:
Btw, I d love to continue/start again with Lucky also ;)
Noted. You, emsquared, and GreyGriffin were of course on my list of folks to extend first right of refusal. You three seemed the most excited about the game and the most into character development (not to mention you actually stuck around for more than a minute).

Seuss
Dec 3, 2021 8:30 pm
I quite like Wals as a character, and I think he reflects something interesting and important about the Clone Wars and the Jedi. His general incompetence as a leader and discomfort with war were deliberately juxtaposed with his skill as a combatant and duelist, and I hope that came across in how he was played and portrayed. I think that his almost pitch-perfect dichotomy with Ani's pragmatic, thoughtful diplomat was a great source of non-destructive character-driven tension and conflict. Much of his immaturity was also by design to call on him to lean on the expertise and professionalism of the Clones for real war-fighting and strategic expertise, giving them a starring role when it came to fighting real battle. It also provided them with a chance to interact with a more "civilian" character whose imperfections and idiosyncracies might lead them to introspection about their opinions and relationship with the Jedi at large.

Given the opportunity I might tweak a few points here and there, but overall I was quite happy with him. I was very much trying to let the game guide his growth and advancement to see where the needs of war directed his character.

However, if you want to start fresher or want me to fiddle some personality or statistical dials to make things work better for the game, I'm quite open to critique.
Dec 3, 2021 9:34 pm
GreyGriffin says:
I quite like Wals as a character, and I think he reflects something interesting and important about the Clone Wars and the Jedi. His general incompetence as a leader and discomfort with war were deliberately juxtaposed with his skill as a combatant and duelist, and I hope that came across in how he was played and portrayed. I think that his almost pitch-perfect dichotomy with Ani's pragmatic, thoughtful diplomat was a great source of non-destructive character-driven tension and conflict. Much of his immaturity was also by design to call on him to lean on the expertise and professionalism of the Clones for real war-fighting and strategic expertise, giving them a starring role when it came to fighting real battle. It also provided them with a chance to interact with a more "civilian" character whose imperfections and idiosyncracies might lead them to introspection about their opinions and relationship with the Jedi at large.

Given the opportunity I might tweak a few points here and there, but overall I was quite happy with him. I was very much trying to let the game guide his growth and advancement to see where the needs of war directed his character.

However, if you want to start fresher or want me to fiddle some personality or statistical dials to make things work better for the game, I'm quite open to critique.
I would agree ... and why Wals and Ani I thought were strong characters. TheVagrant bringing in Lucky was a boon as well ... though I'd probably see if Math would want to bring Knuckles back also. He too was a well developed character.

RE: Wals - I would not have you make any tweaks to make him a 'better' fit for the game. Though of course any tweaks you wanted to make for personal tastes would be welcome.

Seuss

You do not have permission to post in this thread.