[Closed]The One Ring 2e- Eriador Adventures

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedThe One Ring 2ePrivate1 / dayStefron
"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging"

-Gandalf

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/7DRdjbdHsBRBdpFcdVCAH5-1200-80.jpg

The one ring 2e

I am super excited to try out the new 2e of the One Ring Roleplaying Game.
It is set in Tolkien's universe in the time between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

I plan on this to be a one-shot adventure, that I consider a learning experience for all involved.
No knowledge or experience with the system is required. It is also not necessary to have the books unless you want to.
Only requirement is that you like and enjoy Tolkiens work and wants to try to recreate that atmosphere.

Scenarios will either be:

1) A short adventure from the core book

2) The starting box, which features a small campaign set in the Shire. It is very Hobbit-oriented and meant to be an introduction to the system using pregenerated character. Fast and easy into an small Hobbit adventure

3) One of the old published scenarios from the 1e, most likely Ruins of the North

4) Sandbox game, throw out some scenario hooks and see what happens

We agree on which it will be during character creation/session 0.
I expect posting frequency to be 1 post/weekday, weekends optional.

Tone and controversial themes: As in Tolkien novel. Focus is on adventures and travels, some combat. Problems can be solved by other means than the sword.

Let me know if you want to join in this adventure or ask any questions you might have. Application on the tavern thread or my PM to me.

"It will be good for you and most amusing for me" - Gandalf

Dec 3, 2021 10:35 pm
Is there any interest for The One Ring 2e?
Last edited December 4, 2021 7:50 pm
Dec 3, 2021 10:46 pm
Yes please. Just bought the core rulebook pdf. Working my way through it. Can't say I'm super enamoured with the rules but who doesn't like the setting? So sign me up. After (many) decades I'm trying out some fantasy again.
Dec 3, 2021 10:58 pm
You gave me the final push to create this game so you're in đŸ˜€

We'll make the rules work to suit the narrative.
Last edited December 3, 2021 11:00 pm
Dec 4, 2021 12:03 am
I would absolutely love to participate in something like this!
Dec 4, 2021 3:32 am
As a backer of the KS, I would love to give the new TOR a shot…
Dec 4, 2021 9:52 am
I am very interested!

Currently playing in a few forum games over at Tavern Keeper, so I will happily step aside if there is much interest. :)
Dec 4, 2021 7:48 pm
Looks like a already got five bold adventurers. Great.
I'll send invites to Matesko, Knighthawke and Xelforb.
Recruitment is now closed.

It was quick. If anyone out there didn't get a chance to apply, I suggest you show your interest in this thread for when a new game come along.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.