Future games and excitement

Jun 6, 2016 6:22 pm
Something I've always been interested in trying to run some day is a "Good vs. Evil" campaign, wherein you have two groups of players, one group playing Good adventurers, working together to bring peace to the war torn land; the other playing Evil adventurers, working together to conquer it and bring it under their heel. The actions from each group's (mis)adventures affect the world in some way, little by little, until one day, the two teams meet and battle for the ultimate good of the region. One of these days, I may try to fire up something like this in GP, but I'd have to trim my game-load considerably to undertake such a thing.

What do you guys think? Also, are there some ideas you have for games that you'd love to run/see run, but haven't been able to get things together for?
Jun 6, 2016 6:28 pm
I got to play a similarly themed game with the DMs Block at Acadecon last year: there were two tables, one of good guys, one of bad guys, and at the end of the game, the tables came together for epic combat, where me saving up all my fireball spells killed all the good guys in two turns. Go fireball.

I always like this kind of idea, and think PbP adds in potential there, because you can manage two groups at the same time without the other table knowing what's going on. And GP lets you add second or third GMs to a game as well.
Jun 6, 2016 6:31 pm
Keleth says:
GP lets you add second or third GMs to a game as well.
I saw that...it almost made me want to run a mass oWoD game and grab a couple of people to help me GM it.

Almost. Ain't nobody got time for that right now.
Jun 6, 2016 6:46 pm
lunitar has something very similar going on with his Talos games just now. The games have been going on for a while, but I have no idea when the two groups might meet. I'm looking forward to it, though.
Jun 6, 2016 6:59 pm
The evil party should have access to the good parties forums, but not the other way around, haha.
Jun 6, 2016 7:08 pm
Qralloq says:
The evil party should have access to the good parties forums, but not the other way around, haha.
The way I envisioned it, neither party would really know what was going on with the other. However, if one party does something truly notable, such as the good party freeing a town or village from the rule of a tyranical dictator, then word of their deeds will spread across the land. Eventually, they will hear about each other, and that's when things will start getting interesting.

Though the thought of the evil party knowing exactly what the good guys are doing with their lives and knowing how to counter them is hilarious to me.
Jun 7, 2016 1:13 am
While I'm not doing good vs. evil, I am doing cross-over in my FFG Star Wars campaigns. As I have many players in both games, I can't directly interact them well, but in this case, although the galaxy is a big place, these guys will have their paths cross from time to time.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.