Looking for a dark fantasy game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 13, 2021 12:00 am
Oh, I didn´t know there was a 5e version coming. That would be quite ideal.
Dec 13, 2021 12:55 am
Yup. Check it out here.
Dec 13, 2021 1:42 am
I am just a bit worried the hp bloat from D&D will ruin the gritty and deadly feel.
And for me 5e is quite a bit more rules heavy than base Symbaroum. But lets see, what they did with the rules.
Dec 13, 2021 3:27 am
The proof will indeed be in the pudding, but I have some faith that they will model the classes, magic, and combat (hp, etc.) in-line with the vibes of the current game. We'll see.
Dec 13, 2021 5:11 am
Quote:
I personally think the whole affair is in a pretty significant need of a second (third, technically?) edition.
I think it is on its fifth edition in German, but only the last two were translated.

I dont have much experience with it but the bit that I do have, I didn't find too amazing (but that was also with the edition that nobody likes. Fourth, I think)
Dec 13, 2021 5:50 am
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
I personally think the whole affair is in a pretty significant need of a second (third, technically?) edition.
I think it is on its fifth edition in German, but only the last two were translated.

I dont have much experience with it but the bit that I do have, I didn't find too amazing (but that was also with the edition that nobody likes. Fourth, I think)
Which game are you referencing? I'm talking about Symbaroum.
Dec 13, 2021 6:00 am
Dark Eye. Sorry, I misread your paragraph. In my defense, it was right after waking up 😄
Dec 13, 2021 6:03 am
I thought that might be the case. No worries! It was a couple of pun-free posts, so I count my victories where I can!
Dec 13, 2021 7:56 am
Althrion says:
... worried the hp bloat from D&D will ruin the gritty and deadly feel.
DnD 5e does not have to equate to HP bloat. Things like 5e Hardcore Mode show that it can work without the ever increasing HP.
Dec 13, 2021 10:32 am
Thanks for the vote of confidence DarkRaider!

And in response to vagueGM, I run a Dark Sun game in 5e, which is most certainly dark fantasy of a pretty deadly setting, and I agree having high HP does little to mitigate its grittiness.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.