Let's Learn New Systems Together [Recruitment]

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 25, 2021 5:37 am
I would like to try Starfinder and maybe some of those other ones sometime.
Dec 26, 2021 4:03 pm
I’m looking to play some systems, any will do as a GM who’s willing to be patient and teach is just what I’m looking for. Also hope everyone has a great rest of your day and week^^.
Jan 1, 2022 1:25 pm
Alright, so it is January 1st, so I am going to be getting a few new systems started! I'm going to do a sort of roll-call to see if those who posted here are still interested, and if they're interested in the specific game concept/system I'm proposing. Post here if you're still interested in the below, as well as what character option you would like and I'll invite you to the game. If you're not interested anymore, please let me know as well!

1) Starfinder - Into the Unknown
Quote:
Newly appointed members of the Starfinder Society, your small crew is on a routine supply run to colonies at the edge of known space when the Odyssey gets an incoming message from Venture-Captain Arvin.

It's bad - an emergency beacon from the Unbounded Wayfarer has come in, indicating that the ship lost navigation and is stranded in uncharted space. The Odyssey is the closest ship to the region they last had contact. It's a dangerous mission, but all other Starfinder ships are days away. So, it's up to the Odyssey to venture into unknown territory, track down the Unbounded Wayfarer and bring it and its crew back home safely. It sure sounds simple on paper, doesn't it? Too bad it means travelling into a veritable No Man's Land of spatial anomalies, outlaws, and inhospitable planets.
Pre-Generated Characters: (character gen can be a bit complex, so we're going to go with the pre-generated characters in the starter kit as a jumping off point - let me know if any of the below call out to you:)

1) Captain (Human Envoy/Outlaw): NABO
2) Engineer (Ysoki (Ratfolk Alien) Mechanic/Bounty Hunter):WhtKnt
3) Pilot (Android Operative/Spacefairer): aquafina
4) Gunner (Vesk (Lizardfolk Alien) Soldier/Mercenary): Sgt.Banter
5) Science Officer (Lashunta (kinda like Mantis from GOTG2) Technomancer/Icon): annex
2) Kids on Bikes - Ghost Tour - FULL
Quote:
The mystery in Ghost Tour takes place during the summer vacation of 1985. There have been rumors of ghost sightings and hauntings at various landmarks around town, so this weekend the head of the Investigation Club has decided that the club’s members are going to investigate each of them. But, will this group of friends find more than they bargained for?
Pre-Generated Characters: (Character Gen is super easy in this game, so pre-gens aren't strictly necessary, but I would personally love it if the tropes were based on Scooby-Doo characters (not gender-locked). If you'd rather have a different kind of trope, let me know!)

1) The Freddy (Popular Kid Trope): RogertheShrubber
2) The Daphne (Plastic Beauty Trope): Dsquid
3) The Velma (Brilliant Mathlete Trope): SeaJay
4) The Shaggy (Funny Sidekick Trope): SchadDad
5) The Scooby: (a communally controlled character that joins in Act 1)
Last edited January 6, 2022 10:33 pm
Jan 1, 2022 8:44 pm
I'm fairly new here on GP but I've been running through the Tales from the Loop game run by Bowl of Spinach. I'd be interested in trying out Kids on Bikes maybe as a popular/jock soccer player (a Freda or Frederica rather than Freddy) but I'm flexible.

I'm interested in trying out systems like this b/c I have friends that are not really into TTRPGs but do like Stranger Things and maybe a lighter system might work for them.
Jan 1, 2022 10:53 pm
I would love to join the starfinder learning game! I would be interested in playing either the Pilot or the Gunner (I'm leaning more towards the Pilot, but if someone else really would like the pilot I'd be glad to play as the gunner!)
Jan 1, 2022 11:55 pm
I am so down for kids on bikes and Scooby themed gets a big yes from me! If everyone else is down then I’d want to play the Velma character!
Jan 2, 2022 3:32 am
Like. Dibs on Shaggy, man.
Last edited January 2, 2022 3:33 am
Jan 2, 2022 6:59 am
Data says:
Alright, so it is January 1st, so I am going to be getting a few new systems started! I'm going to do a sort of roll-call to see if those who posted here are still interested, and if they're interested in the specific game concept/system I'm proposing. Post here if you're still interested in the below, as well as what character option you would like and I'll invite you to the game. If you're not interested anymore, please let me know as well!

1) Starfinder - Into the Unknown
Quote:
Newly appointed members of the Starfinder Society, your small crew is on a routine supply run to colonies at the edge of known space when the Odyssey gets an incoming message from Venture-Captain Arvin.

It's bad - an emergency beacon from the Unbounded Wayfarer has come in, indicating that the ship lost navigation and is stranded in uncharted space. The Odyssey is the closest ship to the region they last had contact. It's a dangerous mission, but all other Starfinder ships are days away. So, it's up to the Odyssey to venture into unknown territory, track down the Unbounded Wayfarer and bring it and its crew back home safely. It sure sounds simple on paper, doesn't it? Too bad it means travelling into a veritable No Man's Land of spatial anomalies, outlaws, and inhospitable planets.
Possible Players: @nezzeraj, @aquafina, @runekyndig, @paximillion, @nemsis
Pre-Generated Characters: (character gen can be a bit complex, so we're going to go with the pre-generated characters in the starter kit as a jumping off point - let me know if any of the below call out to you:)

1) Captain (Human Envoy/Outlaw): OPEN
2) Engineer (Ysoki (Ratfolk Alien) Mechanic/Bounty Hunter): OPEN
3) Pilot (Android Operative/Spacefairer): aquafina
4) Gunner (Vesk (Lizardfolk Alien) Soldier/Mercenary): OPEN
5) Science Officer (Lashunta (kinda like Mantis from GOTG2) Technomancer/Icon): OPEN
I'm not new to Starfinder, but neither am I well versed in it. I have the rules, and I would love to play the Ysoki.
Jan 2, 2022 5:49 pm
I’ve been interested in kids on bikes since I first saw it but haven’t gotten a chance to play, very keen on giving it a try if any space is available!
Jan 3, 2022 7:43 pm
If there's still a spot for Starfinder, I'd love to try out the system. Science Officer Lashunta looks fun.
Jan 5, 2022 12:31 pm
I’m now all set for Kids on Bikes, but I’d like to get at least one more for Starfinder!

@WhtKnt I think low experience works, so long as you’re comfortable with the fact that everyone is coming in with low to zero experience!

For Starfinder, I’m looking for either the Captain (Human Envoy & Former-Outlaw) or the Gunner (Vesk (Lizardfolk Alien) Soldier/Mercenary) to round out the team! Getting both would be ideal, but I can NPC the other if there’s not enough interest!

Please post here if you’re interested!
Jan 5, 2022 1:35 pm
If you're not tired of me yet (and since I assume the CoC game will be coming to a close fairly soon) I could try my hand at playing the captain
Jan 5, 2022 2:44 pm
NABO says:
If you're not tired of me yet (and since I assume the CoC game will be coming to a close fairly soon) I could try my hand at playing the captain
I could never be tired of you NABO! And yes the CoC campaign is right at the end. Hopefully I can pull off a satisfying conclusion!
Jan 6, 2022 10:12 pm
I would be up for taking the last slot in Starfinder if it's still available
Feb 10, 2022 1:56 pm
I don't know if this is still an active thread but I love your idea for introducing new games.
I am new to table top RPGs having played many PC RPGs but want to try something different
If you are going to start any new games I am interesred
Feb 10, 2022 2:58 pm
Stampman49 says:
I don't know if this is still an active thread but I love your idea for introducing new games.
I am new to table top RPGs having played many PC RPGs but want to try something different
If you are going to start any new games I am interesred
Absolutely! I’m in the middle of my first two tries at this, but I’m definitely going to be opening up more once those finish!

What kind of genres do you like btw?
Feb 10, 2022 8:50 pm
Mostly Fantasy, or Science Fiction/Space opera Not horror or superheros.
Thank you for the reply

You do not have permission to post in this thread.