The plan(ish)

Dec 20, 2021 6:08 pm
On the 24th I'm going to group these into:

* Things to be voted on by the community.
A straight yes/no/abstain vote. Maybe a 2/3 majority yes vs no should be needed before a feature is included. If a feature can't achieve a 2/3 majority then it must be too divisive.

* Things that are going to need to be checked on staging by people who understand these things (Savage Worlds and Star Wars FFG).

* Things that should be done without needing a vote (e.g. UI tweaks and bug fixes don't need votes).

* Things that won't be done.

I'll then create a merge branch with the chosen branches.
Dec 20, 2021 6:19 pm
I know that a voting would be nice (and frankly, it would take this matter out of few hands).
Although, realistically speaking, I'm not expecting more than 20 people to vote. 30 maybe? I think most will just a&c* after the implementation.

A&c: abstain and complain
Dec 20, 2021 6:33 pm
A&c... Cute, but I think you are too optimistic. I would expect 15 people max to vote. Likely 10 and wouid love to be wrong.
Dec 20, 2021 6:52 pm
Okay. Does anyone have a better plan?

Surely it's better to get community opinions that just inflict features.
Dec 20, 2021 6:56 pm
The timing is a bit bad, what with holidays and all, but whoever votes gets a say, whoever does not can complain later.
Dec 20, 2021 6:58 pm
Adam its a fine idea. I am just a pessimist, sorry. My experience has been that the same small group of people participate in the extra stuff in life but I could very easily be totally wrong. I say try and see what kind of response you get. If many site users don't vote then as Anti alluded to, they can complain, but by then it will be too late.
Dec 20, 2021 7:02 pm
vagueGM says:
The timing is a bit bad, what with holidays and all, but whoever votes gets a say, whoever does not can complain later.
Have the voting go on for a week or ten days? That should surely give anyone interested in voting a chance to vote.
Dec 20, 2021 7:03 pm
Windyridge says:
Have the voting go on for a week or ten days? That should surely give anyone interested in voting a chance to vote.
Agreed.
Dec 20, 2021 7:10 pm
vagueGM says:
Windyridge says:
Agreed.
Also agreed.

Also a pessimist regarding hoomans Adam, sorry about that.
Dec 20, 2021 7:21 pm
Sounds good. Voting definitely. Can be a long period. Until the new year or beyond even. There's no need to really rush. We could also put the vote into announcements to have it visible throughout that time
Dec 20, 2021 7:22 pm
If we are doing this, maybe we announce it now?
Dec 20, 2021 7:22 pm
Good idea.
Dec 20, 2021 7:44 pm
bowlofspinach says:
There's no need to really rush.
No, there's no rush at all.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.