[CLOSED!] D&S 5E Strixhaven - Community Chaos

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 30, 2021 9:11 pm
FYI - I don't have the book, and am not planning to get it atm. I'm hoping that I can pick up enough of the lore from context. But if you really want people in the game that know Strixhaven inside and out, then that won't be me. On the positive side, that kind of makes sense for my character, given the memory issues inherent in the Reborn.
Dec 30, 2021 11:32 pm
timplausible says:
FYI - I don't have the book, and am not planning to get it atm. I'm hoping that I can pick up enough of the lore from context. But if you really want people in the game that know Strixhaven inside and out, then that won't be me. On the positive side, that kind of makes sense for my character, given the memory issues inherent in the Reborn.
Ditto.
Dec 31, 2021 1:22 am
timplausible says:
Paximilian says:
Ditto.
No worries! I'm writing up a basic setting intro, which should be ready when I open the game - but for the most part it's not necessary and you should be able to pick up on things pretty easily (or you can ask if you have questions about something specific). There are some particular things about how the school is that I referenced in the recruitment post: it's located on a interdimensional nexus, so characters from different planes are located here; it's got 5 colleges (roughly science, math, history, literature/communication, and art); and part of it's core principles is managing extremes (each college has 2 deans which take their subject into two extreme directions, which students manage somewhere in the middle of - for example the Dean of Perfection vs the Dean of Expression in the Magic-Art College, Prismari).
Dec 31, 2021 10:17 am
runekyndig sent a note to Data,Paximilian,timplausible
Last edited December 31, 2021 10:19 am
Jan 1, 2022 12:25 pm
Thank you runekyndig!

Last call for any applicants! I've sent out the invites to the game! You can submit your character sheets now, and I'll have them looked over by Monday (that's when we'll get started)!

If anyone wanted to use a Strixhaven Student background for their character, please let me know and I'll be happy to help with the info - otherwise, any Backgrounds are acceptable!
Jan 2, 2022 3:44 am
I'm interested in the Strixhaven student background.
Last edited January 2, 2022 6:14 am
Feb 23, 2022 4:55 pm
Hello everyone! I lost a couple of players to this game, so I thought I would open this recruitment page back up to see if anyone is interested!

Definitely read the first page of this thread to get an idea of what I have in mind, but basically this is a different kind of game than the usual 5e adventure. There's not a pre-planned mission or quest - instead, this game is more of a true sandbox, with characters playing students at the magic interdimensional university of Strixhaven.

Please post here with the little application I have in the first post in this thread to apply! I'm looking for about 2-3 more players to add to our 3 player group.
Last edited February 23, 2022 5:27 pm
Feb 26, 2022 9:16 am
Sounds great fun. If you still have room in this game, I would be interested.

Basic Character Concept:
Avalyn is the firsr child of a king in an Arthurian-fairytale-like world. A world of nobles, knights, adventure.
She is a daddies-girl, having lost her mother at young age. When she was used to the idea of being a crown princess, her father remarried and a son was born. Being a boy, he got the first claim to the throne.
Avalyn would probably be some advisor or be married into some political alliance or be one day be kidnapped by a dragon to be rescued by a knight in shining armor.
In order to prepare her for any task at hand, her father send her to Strixhaven, to be educated in magic.

Race: Human (var)

Class: Wizard, divination

Personality/Quirks: Avalyn is a snob, she thinks she is entitled to a lot for her royal background. But none of that counts in the interdimensional. She also fears that everyone is trying to take away her privileges at life.

Goals: She was born to be a queen, but lost that claim. She wants to be someone important, one way or another. She is quite ambitious.

Field of Study: Magic History would makes the most sense as she assumes she will return to her world in some political function
Last edited February 26, 2022 9:26 am
Feb 26, 2022 10:11 am
Hi @SvanDerh - I am still looking for more players! Avalyn sounds really interesting!

I forgot to put it in my template at the top (so my bad), but what Level do you want her to start at?

First Year Students are at Level 1; Second Year Students at Level 4; Third Years at Level 6; and Fourth Years at Level 8.

Currently, the three PCs in the game are two Level 6s (a Warlock and a Druid) and one Level 4 Artificer.
Feb 26, 2022 11:58 am
My guess was originally sophomore. Not new to the academy, but still lots to learn. It would also fit in with the rest of the group I see now.
Feb 27, 2022 1:20 am
This idea sounds really fun. If possible I'd like to join. For character, I would submit: Blinxivix, goblin Swarmkeeper Ranger. Using the Goblin from Guildmaster's guide to Ravnica. Swarmkeeper is in Tasha's Cauldron.

Basic Concept:
Blinxivix was born among the Gruul Clans, the Gravel Hide Clan specifically. However, she was smaller than most of her kin and doesn't have the bloodthirsty nature the Clan demands of its warriors. She was often teased that if she continued to be dead weight, the Clan would sell her to the Izzet.

She was assigned the role of scout and made to risk her life finding vulnerable raid targets. When the War of the Spark started, she was sent in the initial wave against Domari when he came to takeover the Clans. Instead of killing them, Domari sent the goblins away. Blinxivix smashed into a pixie hive on Lorwyn.

She was attacked by the small creatures immediately, and they drove her into the waiting jaws of a huge swamp beast. Seeing the new threat as the true danger she ignored the smaller creatures and fought the larger one. The pixies saw this as defending them and changed their attitude about Blinx. They took up residence in her pack and refused to leave becoming her constant companions.

Picking her way through the swamp, Blinx started to rethink the reality she had been taught, the biggest and strongest don't automatically have the right of rule. The small can be powerful if they act together.

Some time later, Blinx encountered Kasmina. The enlightened sage saw promise in the young goblin and her search to understand the intricate connections between smaller life in the world.

Race: Goblin - Class: Ranger - Level 4

Personality/Quirks: Blinx is a big supporter of collective action and overthrowing tyrants anywhere she finds them. She hates bullies or anyone who looks like they are trying to take advantage of their size.

Goals: Blinx wants to find her place in a cooperative collective, and defend that collective, with tooth and calw if necessary.

Field of Study: She has strong leanings towards Witherbloom and the study of Magic's connection to life, but Law magic can bolster community bonds, so she takes some classes from Silverquill and Quandrix.
OOC:
Basically she would be a Communist Biology/Poly Sci dual major.
Last edited February 27, 2022 1:21 am
Feb 27, 2022 6:05 am
Ooh, Swarmkeeper Rangers sounded so interesting to me - I can't wait to see her! Thanks for the detailed concept!

I've added you both to the game - welcome aboard!

I am looking for (potentially) one more PC, but I'm also good to go with the 5 I have. If anyone else is interested, just post here!
Mar 1, 2022 2:29 pm
Are you still accepting new students?
Skadi, the sentient hand axe would like to apply to join your freshman class
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Sentient_Weapon_(5e_Class)
She has sentient weapon envy being only a hand axe
Last edited March 2, 2022 10:00 am
Mar 3, 2022 10:12 am
TheGraingers says:
Are you still accepting new students?
Skadi, the sentient hand axe would like to apply to join your freshman class
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Sentient_Weapon_(5e_Class)
She has sentient weapon envy being only a hand axe
We do still have room for one more PC. You'll need to fill out the form shown on the first page of this thread though!
Mar 3, 2022 11:03 am
Basic Character Concept: Skadi the Sentient Hand Axe (Ersatz Archtype)
Level: First Year, Level 1
Personality/Quirks: Skadi has sentient weapon envy being 'only a hand axe'
Goals: Skadi seeks to become a legendary weapon
Field of Study: Magic-Science (Witherbloom)
Apr 13, 2022 12:56 pm
Hey, I’m new here and I was wondering if you were still taking new players?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.