Subscriptions should be recursive.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 28, 2021 9:19 pm
If one subscribes to a forum, should one not expect to be subscribed to subforums within it? It seems strange and confusing to need to subscribe to 'Site Discussion > Bugs' if one is already subscribed to 'Site Discussions', and players have missed posts in the past when they were subscribed to a game, but that did not subscribe them to the game's subforums as they (reasonably and logically) expected.

It would also be nice now, but more important if we make subscription recursive, if one could unsubscribe from individual items within a forum one is subscribed to. In the above, this could be a non-dev unsubscribing from Bugs while being subscribed to all other Site Discussions, or unsubscribing from this thread while being subscribed to Bugs.
Dec 28, 2021 9:42 pm
I agree. It would also be a cool feature when joining a game to be asked to automatically subscribe to all current forums and subforums. A quick link to the video on managing subscriptions, or to a helpful guide, would allow someone to opt out later, or customize which ones they want notifications on.
Dec 28, 2021 10:33 pm
Some sort of prompt to subscribe to all (or a checklist) would be very desirable.
Dec 28, 2021 10:34 pm
While it is a separate issue, it would be nice to be able to set some defaults around subscriptions in the user's profile.
Maybe we could set that we want to be automatically subscribed to threads we create.
Maybe we could set that we want to be automatically subscribed to threads we reply to.
Maybe we could set that we want to be automatically subscribed to games that we join.
* Maybe the above can be more granular and we can specify this differently for various 'types'.
Dec 29, 2021 3:52 pm
This is a good idea. We have talked about it over Zoom with Q (spoiler alert) and I believe it will spare people of unfortunate moments. It had happened for me to forget to subscribe to a game forum, lagging the beginning of the game significantly since I didn't know everyone else made a character and whatnot.
Dec 29, 2021 6:21 pm
As long as the user sets the default. I would not want to be auto subscribed to my game forums as that would be way too much.
Dec 29, 2021 6:38 pm
^I second Windy's request. I don't use subscriptions at all as I prefer to manually check forums - wouldn't want to have to remove every new forum that auto-subscribes me later. :D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.