[CLOSED] AD&D Mega-Campaign Needs YOU!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 10, 2022 8:30 pm
We are currently engaged in an ambitious attempt to play through several of the classic AD&D adventures using the AD&D 1E/OSRIC ruleset, but we've come up short by a few casualties. If anyone is interested in participating in an old-school setting (the World of Greyhawk) and playing some of the classics as originally written, you are welcome to join us. I can handle up to 8 players total.

As it stands, the party has busted a smuggling ring in the little town of Saltmarsh and has most recently invaded a lizardman lair investigating why they are in league with the smugglers. Currently, the party stands at one paladin, one magic-user, and one fighter, along with two NPCs (a thief, and a mysterious elf). If I get an excess of entries, I'll remove the NPCs in favor of new blood.

Characters will be generated in the Character Generation thread, so I can see your rolls. Anyone joining us would begin with 4,250 xp and double the normal starting gold. As they are almost finished with the lizardman lair, new characters will join them in Saltmarsh, a very small fishing village on the coast. We are using the OSRIC rules, which is essentially 1st edition AD&D, but in cases where there is a conflict, OSRIC will take priority, since they are freely available. If you have access to OSRIC Unearthed, that resource is legal as well.

We're looking for people who would be in it for the long haul. We hope to go all the way to 15th level or beyond! Please note that my wife is blind and I serve as her eyes. The pacing can be a little bit slow because of this, but we are steady. I do not intend to desert this game until the last player has left (or circumstances dictate that I cannot continue for some reason).
Last edited January 12, 2022 3:24 am
Jan 10, 2022 10:36 pm
Though I already have my eyes set on making my One-Shot, I would enjoy throwing my hat into the ring and taking OSRIC out for a spin since it was suggested as a system.
I'm thinking of a cleric to serve as support for the party.
Jan 11, 2022 1:44 am
A cleric would be a most welcome addition!
Jan 11, 2022 2:49 am
Can I play as an assassin?
Jan 11, 2022 3:30 am
I, personally, have no issue with it, but the group's paladin might take exception.
Jan 11, 2022 4:37 am
Oh gosh this is so tempting! Might the dragon be found here? Would you take someone completely unfamiliar with the ruleset? I played AD&D back in the 80s but I won't pretend that I had any measure of rules mastery then, let alone remember any of it now.
Jan 11, 2022 4:48 am
I'd like to play if there is still an open seat at the table. I'm not partial toward any particular class. So, unless there was a specific role that needed to be filled I'd let the dice make that decision for me.
Jan 11, 2022 6:42 am
Okay I'll play a regular thief.
Jan 11, 2022 7:41 pm
I can take all three of you. Jabes, you are more than welcome despite a lack of familiarity. The OSRIC rules are freely available. As for the dragon... could be. Once thing is certain, these adventures can be challenging, and deadly for the unwary.
Jan 11, 2022 11:12 pm
I look forward to the invite!
Jan 12, 2022 12:27 am
Wouldn't mind creating up a character named Hubar, Male Human level 3 Cleric, for AD&D Mega-Campaign. What mythos of deities would be used? and do you have space for a cleric.
Last edited January 12, 2022 12:30 am
Jan 12, 2022 1:53 am
Two clerics couldn't possibly hurt and we are using the Greyhawk pantheon (since it's set in Greyhawk). Invites sent. And that makes eight. That's my limit.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.