Usneera Uprising - Star Wars RPG.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 14, 2022 12:33 pm
"Usneera. A world in the Outer Rim where the first rule is you get what you grab. Organised crime is rife and nowhere more so than the city of Sonay, which is ruled by Tonaa Senjak, a Mon Calamari crime boss."

Step into a cut-throat world where only the cunning, resourceful and ruthless survive.
Jan 14, 2022 12:33 pm
What system would you be using for this?
Jan 14, 2022 12:38 pm
Fantasy Flight Edge of Empire
Jan 14, 2022 1:31 pm
I would love to play Edge of the Empire. Have had the hankering due to the Book of Boba Fett series.
Jan 14, 2022 1:49 pm
How would you feel about teaching the system a bit? I’m interested in SW FFG and I love the weirder bits of the setting. (If you’d prefer vets, no worries—just thought I’d ask!)
Jan 14, 2022 2:15 pm
I'd be interested, I've only played a little bit of FFG's star wars but I'm familiar with their style after years of Descent and investigating into the Genesys system some.
Jan 14, 2022 4:24 pm
TechCT99 says:
Fantasy Flight Edge of Empire
I'm always interested in a good underworld-y Star Wars game!

Question: Are we completely tied to the Edge careers?

Looking at the setting info with its sort of layered city socially and economically, I got a few ideas that might potentially work just as well as a Diplomat (a career, along with Engineer and Spy, perhaps, that would lend itself to Edge nicely, but I digress). Thinking along the lines of either a shady lawyer or perhaps accountant of sorts laundering money, brokering deals, etc for a crime boss or syndicate (Advocate, Quartermaster, and Analyst all fit this - but could also be achieved by Politico, Trader, Scholar, etc, I guess) in the same line I also thought some sort of Information broker or other shady businessman, or corrupt official also springs to mind (Entrepreneur, Ambassador, Trader, Thief, or even tossing Senator in there, representing a city official). Depending on how I put the character together, the right setup could lead to all of the above, I reckon.
Jan 14, 2022 4:27 pm
Akorn: All are welcome. I’m very happy to teach you the system. Do you have a character created yet?

Furmyr: I know, right? Have you seen Episode 3 yet?

Kyre: Good to have you onboard. How many games have you played?
Jan 14, 2022 5:07 pm
I do not yet have a character created, no. I’ve spent the last month and change reading through the different species of alien on a fan wiki and daydreaming though lmao
Jan 14, 2022 5:57 pm
Northman says:
Thinking along the lines of either a shady lawyer or perhaps accountant of sorts laundering money, brokering deals, etc for a crime boss or syndicate (Advocate, Quartermaster, and Analyst all fit this - but could also be achieved by Politico, Trader, Scholar, etc, I guess) in the same line I also thought some sort of Information broker or other shady businessman, or corrupt official also springs to mind (Entrepreneur, Ambassador, Trader, Thief, or even tossing Senator in there, representing a city official). Depending on how I put the character together, the right setup could lead to all of the above, I reckon.
Not throwing my hat into the ring (no bandwidth at the moment, alas), but I did want to say that your character concept is indeed a fun one. My absolute favorite Star Wars FFG character was an Entrepreneur, but I played him as you suggest—as a crime lord's money guy who was on the lam. You'll need Knowledge (Education) for legal knowledge and accounting knowhow (unless your GM wants to separate legal info into Outer Rim/Core Worlds instead). Such a fun character! I miss him.
Last edited January 14, 2022 5:58 pm
Jan 14, 2022 6:37 pm
TechCT99 says:
Furmyr: I know, right? Have you seen Episode 3 yet?
Yes, Wednesdays is the one day of the week I get to rule the television for an hour. The rest of the week my wife has it and I'm stuck at my laptop :P
Jan 14, 2022 6:39 pm
I have the Age of Rebellion and Edge of the Empire rulesets, but I've never given them more than a cursory glance. Would you have room for another newbie?
Jan 14, 2022 10:54 pm
A not-quite-one-shot of Edge of the Empire that went for a few sessions and a sadly crumbled-after-creation followup that gave me more practice with character creation (Somebody got weirdly sick and we were too busy worrying about that to play, was good practice for covid though).

Admittedly the proper full-game sessions were a good while ago, I'm reading through the EoE book now to refresh, I also have access to AoR.
Jan 14, 2022 11:30 pm
I’m reading through the book too! Even if I don’t get into this game it’s a good and fun system to have a grounding in :)
Jan 14, 2022 11:57 pm
akorn says:
I’m reading through the book too! Even if I don’t get into this game it’s a good and fun system to have a grounding in :)
Agreed, I just kinda... love Fantasy Flight's love of weird symbol dice too. They're fun. I've enjoyed them ever since laughing about "Christmas Dice" in Descent.
Last edited January 14, 2022 11:58 pm
Jan 15, 2022 4:54 am
Current character idea is a Chadra-Fan pilot (either the Pilot or Scout specializations?) with their Obligation being a bounty on their head from when they won a podrace during which they were supposed to take a dive. Let me know if you’re interested, Tech!
Jan 15, 2022 11:36 am
Thank you, all. I’ll try to answer all your questions. Please ask if you need more clarification.

Northman: The game will be EoE, but I’m not opposed to characters from other Star Wars rules systems. (AoR or similar). Your Diplomat/Politico build that you describe sounds interesting and will definitely fit well with the scenario.

SavageBob: Yeah, bandwidth can be a chakaar, excuse my Mandalorian. Keep an eye on these forums as I have more games planned and you’re welcome to join anytime.

Furmyr: Women are the real power in Star Wars.
(Leia/Padme/Rey/Mara/Ahsoka/Fennic.) 😀

WhtKnt: Absolutely. Everyone is welcome. I’m happy to guide/support as necessary. I believe I have some screenshots from the beginner rule book that may help you get started.

Kyre: If you have a created character, feel free to submit him/her/them to the game. If you need any advice on character creation, please let me know.

Akorn: You’re Chadra-Fan character sounds interesting and should play well in this scenario. I like the Podracing Obligation and am curious why he refused to take the dive and lose the race. Was it a moral choice or did someone threaten him or offer him more money not to? Hopefully, we’ll find out during the game.
Jan 15, 2022 6:20 pm
Character completed! I’ve applied :)
Jan 17, 2022 1:26 am
I'm thinking a trandoshan bounty hunter, if you aren't opposed to a little stereotyping.
Jan 18, 2022 10:17 am
Akorn: Character approved

WhtKnt: Nothing wrong with a classic. Good thing I’m not playing my Wookie character. Arms being ripped off usually offends. 😆
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.