[CLOSED] D&D5E Hardcore Mode Ravenloft

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic4 / week_Tripp__
Ravenloft
Welcome to the Demiplane of Dread, the land of mist. A place where evil thrives, light is strangled by shadow, supernatural horrors stalk the night and nothing is what it seems obscured in the mists! Do you have what it takes to be that ray of hope to all that suffer in this dread realm?

The Ravenloft campaign setting genre is fantasy and gothic horror.

Jan 15, 2022 8:06 pm
D&D5E Runehammer Hardcore Mode (Tweaked), Ravenloft Night of the Walking Dead

"This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups."

The Pitch: Welcome to the Demiplane of Dread, the land of mist. A place where evil thrives, light is strangled by shadow, supernatural horrors stalk the night and nothing is what it seems obscured in the mists! Do you have what it takes to be that ray of hope to all that suffer in this dread realm?

Ravenloft Night of the Walking Dead Adventure Summary:
On this night the dead are set to rise and overrun the village of Marais dTarascon. That was until the Dark Powers of Ravenloft brought you here, the outlanders and heroes to stop the impending zombie outbreak. Do you have what it takes to survive this zombie apocalypse? Or will you too become one of the living dead trapped in Ravenloft the Land of Mist forever.

The Ravenloft campaign setting genre is fantasy and gothic horror.

D&D5E Runehammer Hardcore Mode seeks to provide a gritter experience for players looking for more danger and tension in their games. D&D5E Hardcore Mode is more rules light than standard D&D5e and will supercede any rules in the standard D&D5e expect were noted furhter below.

Game Duration: This will be a limited run game short term commitment at this time starting with an adaption of the Classic Ravenloft Adventure Night of the Walking Dead. When this first adventure is completed I will consider running more Classic Ravenloft Adventures.

Post Frequency: Four times per week. When you stop posting for a while please include what your character is doing during this down time and indicate you are Away From Keyboard (AFK) in your last post.

Character Creation & Restrictions:
-5e: HARDCORE MODE: is the primary source for character creation expect where noted below.
-Choose Racial Stat Bonuses: Players may choose which stats receive their racial bonuses as long as they choose different stats for each bonus and stay below the individual cap of 20.
-Attributes: Standard Point Buy per D&D5e PHB
*Hit Points: Level 1 HP are maxed with no modifiers added. After Level 1 HP are rolled with no modifiers added to the total.
-Races Permitted: Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half Elf, Halfling, Human, Calibans (uses half-orc stats), Tiefling and Aasimar.

Specialized Software: None
Resources: 5e HARDCORE MODE by Runehammer Games PDF and/or Book. You can pick up a copy from DriveThruRPG.

Player Experience Requirements: None
How to Apply: First Come First Served by posting that you would like to play.

HOUSE RULES:
Critical Hits: You max your normal damage dice you would roll regularly and add your damage modifier (usually Str or Dex). Then roll all of the extra dice you would get on the critical hit and add it all together. This makes the critical hit more dramatic instead of rolling ones and twos on your dice doing less damage than a normal hit. (This is for players only, NPCs will just double the average damage to decrease the leathility toward PCs)

Critical Failure, Sometimes?: Most rolls of a 1 on a 20 sided dice will be a normal failure. There may be occasions I provide a consequence of a Critical Failure. I will let you know when the critical failure is in play and what the outcome will be prior to you rolling. If you choose to go ahead and the outcome is a critical failure, I expect that you will not argue, accept the results and we all move on. After all it was your choice to proceed at that point.

Inspiration: at the beginning of every week starting on Sunday 12:00 AM Central Standard Time (CST) every player will receive one Inspiration point that can be used for a reroll. Why? Sometimes the dice do not go your way, the master thief cannot pick the lock? The dashing swashbuckler can’t do a backflip? The Bard is off key? The tough guy can’t break down a door? This gives you a little more control over rolling poorly. A Critical Failure, Sometimes? cannot be rerolled using Inspiration. This Inspiration cannot be saved for another game or given to different players to use.

Passive Perception: When rolling a Perception Check include your Passive Perception with your roll every time. If it is not included with the roll, the roll is what will be counted regardless. This saves me time when a Perception Check is made.

Controversial Themes, Racism: This version is based on concepts from 3.5 and older editions in which many of the people that reside in Ravenloft are racist. The less human your character looks the more you can expect negative reactions from the people of Ravenloft who will suspect and fear you as some sort of monster and feind. The reactions can be anywhere from dirty looks, rude comments to physical violence and mob action.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS
-Cooperative PC PLAY ONLY: Characters should be created with the party in mind, should have a reason to cooperate and trust each other. Player vs Player is absolutely prohibited! Do not attempt to fight, provoke, steal, betray, kill or otherwise be a jerk and screw-over your party members. You will get kicked from the game!
-Verbal Aggression: Towards other players or their PCs absolutely prohibited! This includes demeaning or derogatory jokes and comments, threats of violence and bullying. You will be kicked from the game!
Sexual Content: in any form is absolutely prohibited! This not only includes obvious direct comments but more subtle acts and comments that sexualuze the player or their PC. You will be kicked from the game!
No Ickiness! I like to run clean games generally at a PG13 rating with no ickiness. I don't need overly graphic descriptions of violence, gore and torture. No killing or messing with kids, raping people etc . . . That's what I mean when I say "icky". You post anything like this you will be kicked so hard from the game your great grandkids will feel it!
Last edited January 21, 2022 6:20 pm
Jan 15, 2022 8:14 pm
I love ne some Ravenloft, I'm in.
Jan 15, 2022 8:29 pm
I sent you an invite. (There are now four player openings left)
Jan 15, 2022 10:00 pm
I want to be hardcore !
This sounds brutal... and fun..
Jan 15, 2022 10:57 pm
Ganesh I sent you an invite. (There are now three player openings left)
Jan 15, 2022 11:28 pm
@Squadfather44 Any idea what you want to play?

@_Tripp__ What (sub)classes are going to be allowed? Are we starting at 1? I'm thinking I'm going to keep it simple so I don't get too attached to my char.. lol
Last edited January 15, 2022 11:58 pm
Jan 16, 2022 12:58 am
Eh, screw it—I like Ravenloft too much to let this pass me by. Count ya boy in!
Jan 16, 2022 6:43 am
Ravenloft and HARDCORE and short term. I am in.
Jan 16, 2022 8:20 am
LOL, akorn I sent you an invite. (There are now two player openings left)
Jan 16, 2022 8:20 am
GreyWord I sent you an invite. (There is now one player opening left, last call)
Jan 21, 2022 12:33 am
I’m interested. If we’re good, what does the team need?
Jan 21, 2022 1:44 am
@Nictorah. We are good. So far we have a Druid, Paladin and a Barbarian. Don't worry about picking a character in an attempt to round out the team. Make the PC you want to play! I'll make adjustments to the game if it becomes an issue. I'll send you an invite then close this Thread after you join.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.