Neverland w/Savage Worlds?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 18, 2022 12:43 pm
Hello everyone,
I've been dabbling with the idea of using the Neverland (5e) setting material with the Savage Worlds rules set.

1. Do you think there would be any interest in playing in a fairy tale setting like this?

2. Is Savage Worlds received well here?

3. If you have experience with this setting, what are your thoughts?

Thanks.
Jan 18, 2022 1:49 pm
I don't know the Neverland setting but I love SW and so do a bunch of others on here. So on that account, there shouldn't be a problem
Jan 18, 2022 10:51 pm
1. yup
2. yup
3. "Fast! Furious! Fun!" would probly work out ok
Jan 18, 2022 11:06 pm
You have my interest piqued.
Jan 20, 2022 5:27 pm
Cool. Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll consider this. I'm also tossing around running the setting with a lightweight OSR style engine as well, but, either way, thanks again.
Jan 23, 2022 4:30 pm
I decided to run this using Cairn for now. See how things go, but I may revisit the Savage Worlds stab at it another time.

However, it does look like there has been some spark for a Savage Worlds game flaring up recently. :)
Jan 24, 2022 1:12 am
Just an opinion, Cairn and Savage Worlds run -very- differently. From the expectation that most things aren't a roll if the player is describing things well and has a solid approach, to combat being SUPER deadly in that game... to the roll-happy, quite swingy and heroic methods built into SW...

I think I'd look hard at the tone and level of competency you expect to see from the protagonists as I made that call.

My unasked-for $0.02.
Last edited January 25, 2022 2:15 am
Jan 24, 2022 12:45 pm
Harrigan says:
Just an opinion, Cairn and Savage Worlds run -very- differently. From the expectation that most things aren't a roll if the player is describing things well and has a solid approach, to combat being SUPER deadly in that game... to the roll-happy, quite swinging and heroic methods built into SW...

I think I'd look hard at the tone and level of competency you expect to see from the protagonists as I made that call.

My unasked-for $0.02.
Solid points. Thank you!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.