Ohhh something different

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 13, 2016 8:59 pm
Yo
Been playing dnd for on and off 5 years. Lately I'm able to put more time to the game but it's hard to get people together in real life for a good site down game.

I've been wanting to try out a play by post game but had a hard time finding any sites to play on. Thankfully, Dungeons Masters Block had there episode about play by post. Hoped over looked around looking forward to trying a game to see how it goes. Hope to play with some of the people in the community.
Jun 13, 2016 9:01 pm
Welcome to the site! Any system/genre/setting in particular you'd like to try?
Jun 13, 2016 9:12 pm
Welcome Holmag! Glad to have you! Doing that episode was fun; the DMB guys are great, a number of them are here too. I'd guess you've mostly been playing DnD 4/5? Looking to stay in the fantasy side, or try something new?
Jun 14, 2016 2:52 am
Played 4e and 5e. Still really enjoying 5e but I'm wanting to try others see how they play out. I'm just not sure what other system would be appealing to me. If anyone has any suggestions...
Jun 14, 2016 3:09 am
Holmag says:
Played 4e and 5e. Still really enjoying 5e but I'm wanting to try others see how they play out. I'm just not sure what other system would be appealing to me. If anyone has any suggestions...
What genre are you looking for?
Jun 14, 2016 3:27 am
I'm open to anything. I still really like DnD but I don't want to be closed minded to any other systems that I might find enjoyable but don't know about. So new the the whole play by post and if i try any other system I'll be new to that as well but willing to learn and take constructive criticism.
Jun 14, 2016 3:55 am
FATE is fantastic because it's super open. Shadowrun is a great cyberpunk/fantasy setting that I believe darthoingoboingo is running and leaving publicly, so you can read along with the game to see if its your style. FFG has done a fantastic job with their new Star Wars games; they're rule light but very balanced.

If you know what style you're looking for, I'm sure someone's got a suggestion for you. A lot of the active people here (besides me) are REALLY knowledgeable.
Jun 14, 2016 4:36 am
Thanks for the warm welcome I'll have to read around and see if i can get into a game
Jun 14, 2016 4:49 am
Hey there, and welcome!
Jun 15, 2016 12:57 am
Greetings fellow Blockhead!

I've been enjoying my time here and I'm sure you will as well!
Jun 15, 2016 12:57 am
Hello and welcome
Jun 15, 2016 3:39 am
Welcome to the fun house!
Jun 15, 2016 9:55 am
This is a great way to play games and also say flush out what you want your next character to be like. Gives you time to think "what would my guy really do?"
Jun 15, 2016 4:44 pm
Yeah love coming up with character ideas but I don't get the chance to try them. I'm hoping I can do that here, so I can see how some of these characters flush out. Hopefully stay RP limber so the next time I lay IRL I won't be stammering my way around a character concept. Yayburpies for characters with flaws.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.