Heroes of pen and paper!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 13, 2016 9:37 pm
Hello everybody, I'm Justin. I am a working artist in Portland Oregon and I am in desperate need of more creative outlets. My first DM was my dad who introduced my brother and me to AD&D. I've since played 2nd ed, Toon, TMNT, and my most beloved, Ghost Busters International. I've dabbled with other systems, but I can most reliably find DnD games to play in and I don't really care for Pathfinder. I prefer lighter, intuitive rules and I love a good story.

I currently run an infrequent (about every other month) IRL 5th ed game with a group of friends but I would love to participate as a player. I've never played PBP and I'm not sure how quickly people usually post in these games, but I would like to commit to a casual game and I can post at least a few times throughout the week. The only player rulebooks I can reliably check out from my library are D&D, FATE, Shadowrun and Star Wars. I would be open to playing in just about any kind of game but am most interested in learning Star Wars or Shadowrun. I'm also a huge comic book nerd, so the Marvel stuff appeals to me, but the last time i perused one of their rulebooks it did not seem very intuitive to me at all.

Also, I'm a cat person.
Jun 13, 2016 9:51 pm
Welcome! I will tell you right now that games are constantly started up, so keep an eye on the Games Tavern for postings!
Jun 13, 2016 10:14 pm
Welcome Justin!

I have recently got into the Star Wars RPGs and am having a great time with them. I am currently running a game which is full at the moment, but I intend to open it up to more players when the first mission is over. Like Naatkinson said, keep an eye on the Games Tavern!
Jun 13, 2016 10:33 pm
Welcome Justin! Glad you decided to join us! So far, a lot of games have been very newbie friendly, in that GMs have helped players without rule books create characters and learn the system (not all of course, but a good number). Any particular genre you're looking for? If day fantasy, but not sure if that's by choice or not, heh.
Jun 13, 2016 10:38 pm
Welcome, let me know if you'd like to try Savage Worlds.
Jun 13, 2016 10:45 pm
I'm running a shadowrun game! it's full now but I think it's public so you can read along. I'm treating everyone like noobs for their first major job so I'm explaining all the rules and such. you might find it helpful
Jun 13, 2016 11:01 pm
Cool. I'll definitely check it out darthhoingoboingo. Thank you for the warm welcomes everybody
Last edited June 13, 2016 11:06 pm
Jun 14, 2016 4:45 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
I'm running a shadowrun game! it's full now but I think it's public so you can read along.
I'm having trouble finding your game. What is it called?
Jun 14, 2016 4:48 pm
justin77 says:
darthoingoboingo says:
I'm running a shadowrun game! it's full now but I think it's public so you can read along.
I'm having trouble finding your game. What is it called?
If the game is full, you won't be able to find it under the "Join a game" feature; you'll have to browse through the Game forum category for it. I need to think of a better way to help people find public games for perusal and welcome any thoughts to that.
Jun 14, 2016 5:35 pm
It would be nice if I could search threads by game system, or if I could click on a user and see all of their posts either as a GM or a player.
Jun 14, 2016 5:41 pm
justin77 says:
It would be nice if I could search threads by game system, or if I could click on a user and see all of their posts either as a GM or a player.
Well, it'd have to be forums by system, but I can look into adding that! The second part has been requested and is on my todo list.
Jun 15, 2016 12:59 am
Hello and welcome
Jun 15, 2016 1:07 am
CAT PEOPLE UNITE.

ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE THE CUTENESS.

(also there may be some tabletop gaming too)
Jun 15, 2016 9:57 am
Welcome aboard achio. Im allergic to cats
Jun 16, 2016 12:10 am
Hello and welcome.
Jun 16, 2016 12:15 am
Welcome, Justin! Glad to have you on board!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.