Interest Check, Savage Worlds Adventure Edition

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 22, 2022 5:38 am
Oh wow, wish I saw this post yesterday! I'm definitely interested. Only played once and ran once, so I'd love a bit more.
Jan 22, 2022 8:30 am
_Tripp__ says:
@ bowlofspinach what about RIFTS and Deadlands is it that you do not care for? (I'm just curious)
I don't like Western. And Rifts is just... too much for me 😄
Jan 22, 2022 10:11 am
I'd love a Space 1889 SWADE game. It's a great setting when done right.
Jan 22, 2022 3:03 pm
The After! also looks pretty cool. :)
Jan 22, 2022 3:05 pm
Dr_B says:
I'd love a Space 1889 SWADE game. It's a great setting when done right.
I second that for sure. If the potential GM needs any Space 1889 resources just let me know. I splurged on a digital ton of .pdfs of the game a while back, including the "Red Sands" SW port.
Jan 22, 2022 6:56 pm
I looks like there is much interest in a SWADE game and I will run one. The games I tend to run tend to be episodic than a long term campaign. My PBP games are much more narrative driven and skills focused with combat taking a back seat to everything else.

I am going to take into consideration what some of the most requested games were. I will narrow this down to a single game or a choice of a few games I would run. What I am already looking at:
-ETU (love horror, my reservation is feeling constrained by the college setting).
-Savaged version of Beyond the Supernatural (Horror, X-files vibe, the compromise for the ETU setting, my reservation may be initially time consuming converting it for PC creation).
-Cyber Punk game set in RIFTS Chi-Town (I've run RIFTS for a little over a year, very familiar with the setting and lore. My reservations: RIFTS has a lot of PC & NPC complexity (may not be such an issue in my PBP games). RIFTS also does not seemed to be a preferred game on this thread)
-Supers (love super hero genre, reservation not sure a single poster mentioned it on this thread!)

decisions, decisions...
Last edited January 22, 2022 6:56 pm
Jan 22, 2022 7:46 pm
I love supers! I don't think I've ever played supers in SW but I feel like that's a pretty good fit. So I'd definitely be up for that, though it also depends on the thematic focus
Jan 22, 2022 9:43 pm
I can do Supers or horror. Having run ETU for my own group. I can say that you needn't feel constrained too much by the setting. Between the nearby town and things like field trips and summer/winter vacations, there is a lot of opportunities to get off-campus.
Jan 23, 2022 12:07 am
Would supers be street level? Cosmic? Or a mixture?
Jan 23, 2022 12:30 am
Would love to play in any of those ideas. I don't have the RIFTS book though. Do have the superpowered companion and love superheroes.
Jan 23, 2022 3:11 am
crazybirdman says:
Would supers be street level? Cosmic? Or a mixture?
Not sure what I'm going to run. I must admit I'm surprised by the amount of responses.

I am going to mull over some different ideas. I'll post the final choices here. Once I decide on the game I'll make an informal post here for invites as a first chance at the game before I make a formal recruitment post.
Jan 24, 2022 4:30 am
Rippers and Sundered Skies are good settings for SWADE I'd be interested in trying.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.