Interest Check, Savage Worlds Adventure Edition

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 21, 2022 8:01 pm
Hi All,

As a Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) GM, I am wanting to know if anyone would be interested in a SWADE Play By Post (PBP) game? If so, what genres are of interest to you? Any particular game settings? Any other comments for the good of the order regarding this topic?

Thanks,
Tripp
Jan 21, 2022 8:14 pm
I'm always up for some SWADE, depending on the campaign, of course. I prefer space, fantasy, or pulp myself, but so long as it isn't Rifts or Deadlands, you have my interest.
Jan 21, 2022 8:24 pm
@WhtKnt, no RIFTS or Deadlands that's interesting. I figured those would be among the top requests. If you don't mind me asking (I'm not going to argue, just curious) what is it about those two settings you don't prefer?
Jan 21, 2022 8:26 pm
I'm 100% down to play whatever SWADE game you want to run! Count me in. :)

Any setting would work great for me, but, if I were to choose a preference. . . anything other than high fantasy.
Jan 21, 2022 8:41 pm
SWADE is a game I very much want to learn better. Never gotten to play it much beyond character creation (or rather that goes for previous editions as I've never tried SWADE at all). Any genre would be of interest.
Jan 21, 2022 9:06 pm
For me, Deadlands has been overhyped. I'm not overly fond of the western genre anyway, and combining it with horror just doesn't work for me. As for Rifts, I like Rifts but the only Rifts SW I've played, the adventure wasn't very exciting and just didn't have the unique feel that I expected from the setting. I also felt like my character (a psiknight) was a bit underpowered compared to the dragon and glitter boy that was also in the group. I suppose that I could be talked into trying another character type and that might be more fun for me. I do not have the Rfits rules for SW.
Last edited January 21, 2022 9:06 pm
Jan 21, 2022 9:25 pm
Good luck with the game. Glad to see Savage Worlds getting some love. Just finished an ETU game that was wicked. I am running a Deadlands game and it's one of my favorite settings I think.
Jan 21, 2022 10:04 pm
I love SWADE and would be up for it. But definitely not Deadlands or Rifts. ETU would be fun, though I did recently play in a game of that.
Jan 21, 2022 11:01 pm
@Windyridge, What was wicked about it?
Jan 21, 2022 11:37 pm
The creepy giant owl, zombies and my PC's blind friend and her seeing-eye dog.
Jan 21, 2022 11:37 pm
Id love some Savage Worlds! I've actually been thinking about running a SWADE game.

As far as being a player, I'm open to almost any setting, but I dig Deadlands, zombie apocalypses, steampunk, and sci-fi. I've heard The After and HP Lovecraft Preparatory Academy are fun settings.
Last edited January 21, 2022 11:44 pm
Jan 22, 2022 1:06 am
How about the Flash Gordon setting or Space 1889??
Jan 22, 2022 1:34 am
Love seeing the Savage Worlds love. Definitely one of my favorite systems to play in and run.
Jan 22, 2022 3:02 am
@ bowlofspinach what about RIFTS and Deadlands is it that you do not care for? (I'm just curious)
Jan 22, 2022 3:22 am
eclectic.samurai says:
Space : 1889... Now THERE'S a game I haven't heard of in a very, very long time! I'd forgotten there was a SW port of the original. I also didn't know there was a Flash Gordon setting for SW. I need to pay closer attention to what's put there.
Jan 22, 2022 4:45 am
I really quite enjoy SWADE myself, though I can't say what setting I'd be most interested in, because I like lots of things. I've admittedly only played in a few games, but that's mostly because my RL group doesn't use it and finding online games is a pain (in general, not specifically here)
Jan 22, 2022 4:54 am
witchdoctor says:
eclectic.samurai says:
Space : 1889... Now THERE'S a game I haven't heard of in a very, very long time! I'd forgotten there was a SW port of the original. I also didn't know there was a Flash Gordon setting for SW. I need to pay closer attention to what's put there.
Right! Good stuff. There are many cool SW settings though! How about "The Goon"??
Jan 22, 2022 5:03 am
Go for the lesser known stuff: The Goon! Holler! Flash Gordon! 50 Fathoms! Wiseguys!

=]
Last edited January 22, 2022 5:03 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.