Dipping my toe in

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 14, 2016 1:57 pm
Hello everyone!

I found about this site from listening to the DMs Block podcast, and the concept is very intriguing to me. However, I'm not sure where to get started, insofar as a suitable game goes for beginners of this style of play. If anyone could recommend a game that would be a good introduction to Play-by-Post, I'd be very grateful! Thanks!
Jun 14, 2016 2:02 pm
Welcome, I'd keep checking the Game Tavern thread for when games pop up.
Jun 14, 2016 2:11 pm
Welcom fellow block head. Yeah games come in daily. Throw your hat in to game post. Sometimes even when a game is closed they will take another.

Also most gms are more then willing to walk you through.

Most posts if roleplaying you just post with the post button. For rolls you press advanced button and at the bottom u will be able to choose what dice to use.

Any questions just post on the fourm and you will get a ton of help.
Jun 14, 2016 2:16 pm
Welcome gmfox19! I'd say a great first step was introducing yourself; from here, it's just about finding a table. You can check out the Games Tavern forum, where people list games they're running or would like to play in; GMs will most often note if they'll take new players or not, though the vast majority do. You can also go to the Games link in the top menu and click the "Join a Game" link; if you see a game you think is interesting, PM the GM or just request to join! And be sure to set your LFG settings on the Games page; this way, when a game of that type is created, you'll get an email.

Otherwise, hang around, join in a convo or two, and you'll fit in right quick!

Are you looking at any particular system to start out in? Have any favorite you lean to, or a genre?
Jun 14, 2016 2:43 pm
Hello Gmfox19, and welcome. Most games are very patient with newer players. In fact, many games here are played here for the first time by the GMs and players, so we seen to have a culture where in we are all learning them together.
Jun 14, 2016 3:20 pm
Welcome! Good to have you here! :-)
Jun 14, 2016 3:43 pm
Welcome!
Jun 14, 2016 3:53 pm
Qralloq says:
Hello Gmfox19, and welcome. Most games are very patient with newer players. In fact, many games here are played here for the first time by the GMs and players, so we seen to have a culture where in we are all learning them together.
Heck, we're all learning this site, including me!
Jun 14, 2016 5:49 pm
Glad to have you onboard! I really have nothing else to say that hasn't been said, so what they all said! lol

-EF
Jun 15, 2016 12:55 am
More DMBlockheads! Wilkommen!
Jun 15, 2016 1:04 am
Yes welcome. I noticed the DM Block trend too.
Jun 15, 2016 2:21 am
Welcome to the site!
Jun 15, 2016 3:02 am
Welcome!
Jun 15, 2016 2:41 pm
Keleth says:
Welcome gmfox19! I'd say a great first step was introducing yourself; from here, it's just about finding a table. You can check out the Games Tavern forum, where people list games they're running or would like to play in; GMs will most often note if they'll take new players or not, though the vast majority do. You can also go to the Games link in the top menu and click the "Join a Game" link; if you see a game you think is interesting, PM the GM or just request to join! And be sure to set your LFG settings on the Games page; this way, when a game of that type is created, you'll get an email.

Otherwise, hang around, join in a convo or two, and you'll fit in right quick!

Are you looking at any particular system to start out in? Have any favorite you lean to, or a genre?
I don't have any one system in mind at the moment. Perhaps D&D for a start since I run it myself,then branch out from there. Anyhow, thanks for all of the kind welcomes!
Jun 16, 2016 12:09 am
Hello and welcome.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.