TftF Character Creation & Setup

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 30, 2022 10:37 am
This Adventure will be set in Spring of 1996, so about three months after the last one.

In this thread, please repost your character sheets. You get two skill increases again (The maximum for a skill is 5. You can't go above that) and you can, if you want, shuffle a point or two around between your attributes (The maximum there is also 5, the minimum is 1), but you don't get any increases there.
You can also change your Shame, Iconic Item and other things, if you think that's appropriate.

And you can think about how your character's life went between episodes.

I know the last adventure didn't delve too deeply into your personal issues, mostly because it was all set over the course of just a few hours. This one might have the potential to go a bit deeper into those things, but it also depends on how it goes.

If you don't want to continue with your old character and bring in a different one instead, that's fine with me as well. We can discuss it.

- - -

The crafty ones of you might have noticed that this game allows two characters per player. That is because in this adventure, there are a few brief scenes that you will play through using pregenerated characters. I will post those pregens and let you pick one of them once we're done with your actual PCs
Jan 30, 2022 2:07 pm
https://gamersplane.com/characters/avatars/20503.jpg?1643551564

Attribute Skill Value Roll
Body 3
Sneak +2 5D6
Force +2 5D6
Move +2 5D6
Tech 5
Tinker +3 8D6
Program +0 5D6
Calculate +2 7D6
Heart 3
Contact +0 3D6
Charm +1 4D6
Lead +0 3D6
Mind 3
Investigate +2 5D6
Comprehend +0 3D6
Empathize +0 3D6

Key Skills: Tinker, Calculate, Charm

Iconic Item: Modified Moped, named "Spike"

Other Items: Tool box

Problem: Considered a traffic hazard by most, well known by the local police.

Drive: Need for speed. Dreams of getting a proper motorbike, at least 750cc

Shame: has ran over a friend's cat - I thought the stupid thing would move away...

Relationships (PCs):
Håkan Martinsson, cousin (our grandmother recently passed away)
Mikael Schantz, same age - they have classes together.
Sabine Vass - Stina does odd audio equipment repair jobs for the record store where Sabine works, where Mikael also hangs out.

Relationships (NPCs):
Max, 6-year old brother
Parents
Grandfather (recently widowed, in common with Håkan)

Anchor: Town Mechanic, Gustaf Blomgren

Conditions: Exhausted, Injured

Scars:

Experience: 10 (2 skill points, used - +2 skill points, used)

Background/Notes:
Stina and wheels. Stina and bruises. Stina and greasy hands. There were hardly any periods of her life where these combinations did not occur.
Always a fearless maverick, she revels in the adrenaline rush that speed and movement bring. Always the tinkerer, she could dismantle and reassemble toys before she could write.
She thinks back on her life dividing it by vehicle, rather than years: tricycle, bicycle, skateboard, push bike, moped...
She is counting the days and saving the bucks to her 18th birthday (she's 16 now), when with a bit of luck, she can say goodbye to her heavily modded moped and graduate to a proper motorbike - and a real engine!
She has a young brother, Max, 10 years her junior, that her parents would like her to babysit and protect more. She likes the brat, but she's not nursery material.
She finds her parents too cautious and boring, although she knows they do it out of concern for her. She thinks they've lost interest in her with Max's birth.
School is an endless bore. Only some more technical subjects trigger her interest. She struggles to get passes in most other subjects.
Boys without wheels are not even on her radar. Older, dangerous boys on bikes... well, that's another story.
Last edited January 30, 2022 2:10 pm
Jan 30, 2022 2:10 pm
raised Move and Sneak by 1 point each
Jan 31, 2022 12:40 am
NAME: Mikael Schantz
ARCHETYPE: Raver
Birthday: March 18th

DESCRIPTION: Mikael is average height and build. He has blonde hair and steel blue eyes. He comes from money, his father having been a local politician and his mother a dentist. He used to have hang-ups about meeting his aloof parents' lofty expectations of him in the name of their legacy, but he has largely eschewed those issues after his friends and he narrowly saved the town from violent death several months back. He has learned that life is too short and that despite his failure to met his parents' expectations, he was still capable of doing great things.

It has been an intense period of growth and change for Mikael, during which his world was changed significantly. His father, who had apparently been embezzling money from the town for years, was discovered and placed in prison. Within a week of the arrest, his mother announced she had a new boyfriend, Adam, whom Mikael knew she'd been seeing for at least a year. Within a month, they had already announced engagement, and Mikael is convinced they would have already tied the knot if it weren't for the legal complications surrounding their property and the pending divorce from his father. Much of their property was confiscated as part of the probe into his father's crimes, but his mother, due to her own significant income, was able to retain a fair portion of their things.

Mikael got a job, more as a means of striking out on his own than out of necessity. He works part time at Clocks, a popular local burger chain restaurant. Since his flirtation with danger many months back, he's made a strong effort to avoid hand-outs from his mom and pay for things himself.

He got back into playing music and joined a band with Sabine. Mikael started drinking - if you ask him, he will eagerly confirm his new 'hobby' and will swear it's not becoming a problem (it is). He goes to raves and has largely fallen into the party mindset, with school taking a back seat. Otherwise, he's looking to carve a place for himself in a world that's largely just recently coming into view for him. He's glad to have close friends to share this stage of his life with.

Mikael rekindled his old romance with Kristina Eckland, a classmate of his who through the Ugliness ordeal became close to him once again after they had dated several years prior. Mikael and Kristina, both having grown as people and survived terrible events, now seem inseparable. She's helped him mellow out his drinking, and he's helped her glide back into as normal a life as possible after being afflicted with the frightening alterations the illness forced upon her.

Mikael has also appreciated the low-key fame his involvement in the cure gave him and has done his best to make use of it. He made sure to let people know Jonas was partially responsible for the swift cure and resolution to the whole ordeal, so much so that the boy found his own physical reputation being overshadowed by the appreciation of his classmates - now only the lowest-of-the-low still called him "Pimples", and Jonas's social life was growing.

Of course the other benefit was the Mikael was being invited to move parties. Nuff said.

Playlist:
Me & My - Dub-I-Dub
Sin With Sebastian - Shut Up (and Sleep with Me)
Sonic Dream Collective - Oh, Baby All
Millencolin - The Story of My Life
Oasis - Wonderwall
Rammstein - Du riechst so gut
Rammstein - Seeman
Everclear - Santa Monica
Gin Blossoms - Til I Hear it From You
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
Primus - Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
Jamiroquai - Space Cowboy

Experience: 20 (4 skill points)

..::Attribute and Skill Distribution::..
BODY - 2
* sneak
* force
* move
TECH - 4
* tinker: 3
* program
* calculate
HEART - 4
* charm: 4
* lead:
MIND - 4
* investigate: 3
* comprehend: 1
* empathize: 1

DRIVE: The adults can’t protect us, we have to do it ourselves

PROBLEM: I might be an alcoholic, but I won't slow down long enough to think about it

SHAME: Dad's in prison

RELATIONSHIPS TO THE OTHER TEENS:
RadeRed - Sabine Vass (17): She breaks the mold in all the best ways, she's helped show me how to be myself and her and Kajsa always help me out and put up with my shit. She has awesome taste in music, and we get to listen to all the best new music thanks to Sabine and her incredibly lax manager at the record store. Their previous shared experiences have brought them closer.

KCC - Street Kid, Henry Soderberg (?) - tough kid, very resourceful, questionably delinquent youth who has used his skills to help the community. Honestly really great to have around, and a good ally when shit gets tough.

Dr. B - Motorhead, Stina Ekberg (16) - occasionally does work for Earworm repairing customer audio equipment. She pretty handy and good with a wrench. She's independent, but works great with the group, is funny, and...uh...can get anything running (even if there isn't a key)

RELATIONSHIPS TO NPCS:
- Father: Oscar Schantz (local politician, now in jail)
- Mother: Vera Schantz (obstetrician)
- Adam - mom's 'boyfriend' while she waits for divorce to finalize
- Kajsa Roos: childhood friend and former secret crush before I left for boarding school 5 years ago; she's always stuck by me, despite my faults. She's one of my best friends in the whole world, someone I trust with my life.

ANCHOR: Eric Pettersson - best friend, a year older, funny and athletic - always lends an ear and let's Mikael know when he's full of crap.

ITEMS (Bonus)
- ICONIC ITEM - Swiss Army Knife

CONDITIONS:

SCARS:
Last edited February 3, 2022 10:46 am
Jan 31, 2022 12:41 am
Moved a point from Heart to Mind. +1 to Investigate and Empathize
Jan 31, 2022 6:35 pm
https://i.imgur.com/NrJGa5h.jpg

Rocker Girl

Sabine Ilsabet Vass

Description:
Gender [ Female ] Height [ 5ft, 6in/1.67m ] Weight [ 110 lbs/49.9kg ]
Hair [ Black w/white forelock ] Eyes [ Green ] Complexion [ Light ]

Personality: Passionate, Determined, Brave, Creative, Precocious

Attribute Skill Value Roll
Body 4
Sneak +1 5D6
Force +0 4D6
Move +4 8D6
Tech 2
Tinker +0 2D6
Program +0 2D6
Calculate +0 2D6
Heart 4
Contact +1 5D6
Charm +2 6D6
Lead +1 5D6
Mind 4
Investigate +3 7D6
Comprehend +0 4D6
Empathize +2 6D6

Key Skills: Move, Empathize, Investigate

Favorite Songs: (depending on Sabine's mood at the moment)

'I'm Broken" ~Pantera
"Blind" ~Korn
"Dead Skin Mask" ~Slayer
"Head Like a Hole" ~NIN
"Killing in the Name" ~Rage Against the Machine
"Heresy" ~NIN
"Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" ~Metallica
"Closer" ~NIN
"Asche zu Asche" ~Rammstein

Iconic Item: Fake ID [+2] She has a fake ID, so she can get into clubs, buy alcohol from the Systembolaget, and stuff like that.

Other Items: Class B drivers license, check card, cash, hoodie, friendship bracelets, house/apartment key, store key, small backpack, sketch book, ink pen, drawing pencils, composition book, school books (x2), key ring with a small maglight attached. lip balm, makeup kit, money clip, peppermint tic-tacs, small hip flask (full), nail clippers (linked to key ring), a vehicle (used motorbike), '84 Gibson Corvus II (left-handed, black) guitar

Problem: "I'm Out now, but some people have a problem accepting it."

Drive: "It makes life a little less depressing finding the truth behind the lies."

Shame: "I wasn't there for my parents when they needed me the most."

Relationships (PCs):

C1NDER - Raver, Mikael Shantz (17)
Cool friend, reliable, stand up guy. Glad she has gotten to know him better. They share quite a few of the same interests. Their previous troubles brought them closer.

KCC - Street Kid, Henry Soderberg (18) He's pretty handy with opening locks
------------------------------------------------------

Dr. B - Motorhead, Stina Ekberg (16)
She's good at fixing things, like audio equipment and motorbikes.

Relationships (NPCs):

Significant Other/Anchor

Kajsa Roos (17)
Blue-eyed, blonde, super cute, outgoing. "My light in the darkness."
Affectionate, nurturing, intuitive, protective, loyal. (DOB: 12 July, 1978) Sign: Cancer

She is a cheerleader, with interests in dance and music. She aspires to be a model one day. She has a part-time job working at Coop's supermarket. Kajsa wears a simple silver band given to her by Sabine, that belonged to Sabine's mother.

Band

Unsung Saviors (Osunga Räddare) Sabine - Vocals/Guitar, Mikael - Drums, Hare - Bass

Conditions:

Scars:

Experience: 20 (4 skill points)

Sabine's Room/Apartment:

Sabine is living with Kajsa and her parents since declaring her emancipation and leaving her aunt's house. This is a temporary arrangement until school ends. She and Kajsa share a room.

Background/Notes:

Born in Cologne. Product of a Swedish mother and German father. As with many born to Swedish mothers, Sabine has her mother's surname. Her parents were never officially married. Her father was a music promoter and her mother was an aspiring actress.

Her parents died in a home invasion early '92, while Sabine was off partying at a club in Berlin. Those responsible have never been caught. This resulted in her being shipped off to Sweden to live with her Aunt Leonora, on the island of Svartsjölandet. After several contentious years of this arrangement, Sabine declared her emancipation at the end of this past October and now lives...

With German law, Sabine inherited all of her parents' assets and after settling up on their outstanding debts, now retains a tidy sum in a private account.

Coming from an International School, bilingual in German and Swedish, Sabine still had to restart the grade in the autumn of '92, as the new girl at a new school. This was for the most part due to the tragedy and disruption in her life. She is currently a Senior at Berggården high school.

Sabine is way more cutting edge than worshiping Kurt Cobain. Nirvana is on the easy listening channel, as far as she's concerned. White Zombie is decent to listen to, but she has been exposed to early German death metal, thanks to her father, and the Swedish variants coming out of Stockholm and Gothenburg. Following a trip to Stockholm in this past Summer vacation, Sabine has developed a liking for Rammstein, who have just released their first studio album at the end of September. She and Kajsa met the band while they were recording in Stockholm. Although, not credited officially, with Sabine's being fully bilingual in German and Swedish, she was asked to translate during one afternoon between the band and the studio producers.

She has a part-time job at a music store in town a couple nights a week. The store has a back break room which she can use to chill with or without others or even play games. She has a key to the store so she can lock up at night. She uses this space for late night band practice, game nights, and occasionally as a place she and Kajsa can find alone time away from Kajsa's parent's home.

Immediately after leaving her aunt's residence, Sabine began to further her music interests and career, by putting together a band: Unsung Saviors (Osunga Räddare) with Mikael and their new Bassist, Hare.

One of her favorite memories, is being taken backstage by her father at a local concert in Cologne and meeting the band, Asmodina. Since then, the lead singer, Angela Gossow, has been her role model and hero. Like her personal hero, Sabine wants to be a singer. Following her leaving her aunt's residence, Sabine has acquired a new guitar/amp to replaced the one her father gifted her, that was stolen by her evil aunt. Sabine, mostly due to her mother's side of the family's fanatic religious beliefs, has decided she is an atheist.

Having sorted out her feeling sexually, Sabine has come out. She acknowledges her bi-sexuality, but has a very strong intimate preference for girls. Her first experience was with a guy after the Berlin show [when her parents were killed back in Cologne]. He was drunk and didn't really know what he was doing. Never got to third base. She has now been with Kajsa for some time and they are in an exclusive relationship.
Last edited February 27, 2022 9:00 am
Jan 31, 2022 6:37 pm
Added +1 to Investigate and Charm

Made Kajsa Sabine's Anchor.

KCC

Feb 2, 2022 4:25 am
OOC:
Apologies. It’s Lunar New Year.

Added +1 to Charm and Investigate.

Will add Henry’s character info here later. Might have to change some things to reflect the last game!
Feb 2, 2022 5:37 pm
I've accepted the character sheets that have been submitted so far to the game now.

Question to everyone: Has anything happened i your lives since the last adventure? Any changes in your lives? Mikael, has anything developed in your love life with one of the options you had laid out 😉
Feb 2, 2022 6:08 pm
Oh you bet! Kristina and Mikael are a hot item now. Hard to separate us.

Otherwise for Mikael, more of the same. More of their household has been sold off, but most of the debt owed by his father has been paid off and they get to keep the house! (albeit, it's quite empty now). His mother still makes okay money, but Mikael doesn't have quite the fancy-pants lifestyle he used to.

Also, Mikael made sure Jonas was known to have been instrumental in getting the Ugliness cured quickly. While there might be complications with that, Mikael knows Jonas could use the assist. So I'd like it very much, if okay with the GM, if his social life has picked up a little and people more easily see past the "pimples".
Feb 2, 2022 6:26 pm
I like that Jonas thing. Sure, we can definitely say that!
Feb 3, 2022 9:16 am
We have accepted Hare as our new bassist and Sabine's voice/guitar teacher is now acting as the band's agent and manager. Sabine and Kajsa are spending some time on the weekends traveling to Stockholm to begin their search for housing for when school and graduation has happened and they make the move during the summer, to more actively pursue their dreams together.
Feb 3, 2022 10:44 am
Hmm...Mikael had a birthday! I'm taking him to 17yo and setting his birthday to March 18th.
Feb 3, 2022 10:52 am
That's around when I would set this adventure. If you want, we could start with his birthday party as an opening scene
Feb 3, 2022 10:53 am
bowlofspinach says:
That's around when I would set this adventure. If you want, we could start with his birthday party as an opening scene
YES! PARTY! Mikael is 100% down for that.
Feb 3, 2022 2:14 pm
Stina got a little paranoid after the close call with the Krafta agents below the Rektor's place. Their presence in the streets like they were legitimate police, and the knowledge that Krafta are actively involved in experimenting on the population makes her very jittery. She walks around with the hood up all the time, and avoids unfrequented areas. It's like living in a terror state, where military police can grab you anytime they want and make you vanish, no questions asked. She has kept in touch with Louise for guidance.

Concerned for her personal safety and that of her friends, she's experimenting in her workshop, trying to put together a tazer-like device to give an aggressor a strong, nonlethal, high voltage electric shock, just enough to get out of trouble. Not having access to anything remotely similar, she is trying to make her own. She is finding making it small enough to be easy to hide a real problem.
Feb 3, 2022 2:17 pm
That's interesting. Could be something you maybe roll for at some point in the game to see if you can complete it and then for the adventure after that (planning way ahead here 🤣) it could be your iconic item.
Feb 3, 2022 2:28 pm
yes, that would be fine. It would take her a long time to figure how to make it so it's not a deathtrap, and so it doesn't require you to drag a wheeled generator to power it.
Feb 3, 2022 3:16 pm
Maybe she can convince some small kid who thinks she's cool to wheel the thing around behind her
Feb 3, 2022 4:07 pm
I approved all character sheets now. @KCC, don't forget to still post your character in this thread for reference.
Now, as I mentioned before, you'll all also each be playing a second character in a small handful of more linear scenes throughout the adventure. These characters won't have any stats.

There are four of them, so I'll just paste them here. You can pick one of them and let me know. First come, first serve. Then feel free to find a portrait for the character if you want and make a character sheet to submit to the game. That way, you can post as them.
[ +- ] Jillian Svensson
[ +- ] Sixten Bark
[ +- ] David Andersson
[ +- ] Mette Karlgren
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.