Emails (new post, PM, game)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 15, 2016 2:28 am
With all the activity today (yeh, new members!), I got some 20-25 emails in an hour. Of course, I have stuff setup to email me a lot, but anyone theoretically could. I've been thinking, maybe I should setup email digest options? Wanted some feedback on my idea, and help fleshing it out.

I was thinking, in your profile, giving options for how to get the following emails:
- Forum subscriptions
- PM
- Game activity (invites, players applied, characters submitted)

You'd get to choose to get them instantly, after 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 1 hour, 6 hours, or one a day (at midnight? 6am?). You'd get those emails on that frequency.

What do you think? Overkill? Fine as is right now?
Jun 15, 2016 2:50 am
I know that, with the current setup, I'm supposed to get emails any time there's a new Game, a PM, or something I've subscribed to has a new post...the only one that ever works is the Forum Subscription.

I think that, if the bugs get worked out, the current system will work fine for now. Maybe add a feature to have new games of a certain system or genre send an email, or a "favored GM"
Jun 15, 2016 2:53 am
Actually, if you setup your LFG, it should email you when an email of that type gets created.

I'm curious to hear if other people also aren't getting emails. There's no reason why you'd get forum subs but not the other ones...
Jun 15, 2016 9:52 am
I have never received any emails (not even the confirmation email) and i had it setup. I check my games by going to latest post section.
Jun 15, 2016 12:10 pm
Yes I'm in the same situation. I've only ever received the confirmation email. Don't get any others for subscriptions or forums.
Jun 15, 2016 12:14 pm
For both Kjmangle and Ceris214, you guys are sure you're subscribed to forums?
Jun 15, 2016 12:26 pm
I've clicked the subscribe button for the tavern and all games I'm in. That much I'm sure of. I did it both on my phone and PC just to be sure I didn't miss it due to the mobile issues. Forums and threads both.
Last edited June 15, 2016 12:29 pm
Jun 15, 2016 1:11 pm
Shouldn't be a mobile/desktop issue. I don't know why some people would get emails another not others :/
Jun 15, 2016 1:15 pm
I checked the Spam folder, just to make sure certain ones weren't getting sent there. No messages there at all. Only messages I get in e-mail are Game invites and subscription posts...plus the activation email from months ago. :/
Jun 15, 2016 1:20 pm
I can try to send a test email to you guys to see if it's the code or the email.
Jun 15, 2016 1:25 pm
I'm up for that.
Jun 15, 2016 1:26 pm
Keleth says:
I can try to send a test email to you guys to see if it's the code or the email.
That sounds like a plan to me. Go for it.
Jun 15, 2016 1:40 pm
Maybe its my email att.net.

I have clicked the options in profile and also subscribed to my games.
Jun 15, 2016 2:38 pm
Well nothing on my side yet. Even had a new post in subscribed forum.
Jun 16, 2016 3:37 am
Unless something has changed recently, I don't get PM email notifications. Forum subscriptions and new game alerts are working though.
Jun 16, 2016 12:58 pm
Im cool with just icon notifications say in the messages of this site. Then when i just on i can check to see what is updated. I come on this site like hourly anyways.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.