Chapter 7 - Search Party

Feb 5, 2022 5:52 pm
GM
At Logan's house, it is Logan's Mum's day off.

https://i.imgur.com/bhY8VXV.png

Bethany, L's Mom
She is relaxing in the backyard, eager to read the new Danielle Steel bestseller, Changes.

She puts on her sun cream and lies down on a towel, smiling at the cover in anticipation. Jeez, this woman can spin a romance...

GM

Dr_B

Feb 5, 2022 6:02 pm
GM
Meanwhile upstairs...
[ +- ] ...
Feb 5, 2022 6:09 pm
"You're the worst," Al frowns as she hands over the money. "And you're evil on top of it!"

She's lying on her belly right now but she keeps switching position every other minute. It's very obvious that sitting still is not one of her strengths. Her eyes keep darting to the window, almost expecting flashing police lights to drive past any moment.
Feb 5, 2022 6:14 pm
OOC:
Can Al have called Benny at some point to tell him to stick close to their parents?
She believes that Ruth will only come out once Davey's mom goes to sleep but she'd want to take at least that bit of precaution

GM

Dr_B

Feb 5, 2022 6:16 pm
GM
OOC:
sure, no problem. She's called and told him.
Feb 5, 2022 6:31 pm
Logan sits back and sits and gets ready to roll the dice. Looking over at Al, Logan grins a sympathetic grin. At least this gives us an air tight alibi.

Logan rolls the dice and moves the race car the number of spots. ...5..6..7. Go straight to jail....really!
Last edited February 5, 2022 6:31 pm
Feb 5, 2022 6:44 pm
GM
The afternoon is hot, and the windows are kept wide open. After a while, a phone rings in the house, and they hear Logan's Gram picking up.

A few moments later, she is in the back garden. They hear her call out to Logan's Mom.

Ellen, L's Gramma
"Bethany, dear? I'm sorry to trouble you, I have Sergeant Shane on the phone for you."

Bethany, L's Mom
"Oh, WHAT?!" she says annoyed. "Really? On my day off..." They hear her make a big sigh. "I'll take it, give it here. Thanks Mom... Hello?"
OOC:
Logan understand his Gram brought their brand new cordless phone to his Mom. He also knows that, if they wanted, they could rush to another handset in the house to listen in on the conversation.
Feb 5, 2022 6:49 pm
"I hope Benny didn't get arrested again," Al says to Anna. "He's a real gangster, you know. The other day, he was stealing wallets at the beach!"

Anna, L's sister

Dr_B

Feb 5, 2022 8:15 pm
Anna, L's sister
Anna widens her eyes, shocked. "Ohmygod... so young?"
OOC:
@Squadfather44 do you go listen in through a second handset, or stay just listening from the window?
Feb 5, 2022 9:01 pm
Since I'm in jail, I'm going to run to the bathroom. You guts keep going. If I'm not back in time, Al can roll for me.

Logan gets up and walks out of Monster HQ and downstairs. Carefully making his way over to the phone on the second floor, he picks up the receiver and gets ready to listen in. Holding the end, that you speak in, away from his mouth, Logan covers it to muffle out any noises.
Feb 5, 2022 9:58 pm
[ +- ] the phone call
Feb 5, 2022 10:47 pm
"Yeah, when he's older, he's probably going to be some sort of criminal super villain!", Al explains. "You better get on his good side before then. He especially likes it if you buy chocolate for his big sister, you know."
Last edited February 5, 2022 10:47 pm
Feb 5, 2022 11:42 pm
Logan waits until his mom hangs up the phone before he hangs up. When he does, Logan simply walks back up to where the others are and sits back down in his spot.

Glancing over at Al, Logan gives her a slight nod, letting her know it's all going according to plan.

GM

Dr_B

Feb 6, 2022 9:43 am
GM
Fast forward a few hours. Anna won the game of Monopoly, beaming and asking if you wanted to play another round. You politely declined, for your sanity's sake.

Logan's Gram offered you a tasty snack of pancakes and maple syrup, an unexpected treat.

https://i.imgur.com/7Kqwlpd.png

You are in the Monster HQ, and after an half an hour debate on which tape to watch, Logan let the final decision to his guest, and you start watching it.
OOC:
for a bit of flavour, which movie did Alana choose to watch? Logan's got a wide selection
Feb 6, 2022 10:00 am
https://i.imgur.com/VfI8oxv.jpg

Meanwhile Cody has been hanging out at the Strip and Amusement Pier and has made an effort to be noticed. He talked to visitors, helped a stall holder carrying some heavy boxes, played a few of the games.

After a while, Cody starts noticing a couple of police officers looking around, checking the crowds.

https://i.imgur.com/g70eZMb.png

This is it. Shane's sent his pals to look for Davey... he thinks. I bet they've got my photo in their pocket, too. All of them...
He doubles his efforts to blend in, and starts chatting to some older kids sitting on one of the Pier benches about baseball.
Feb 6, 2022 1:29 pm
GM
During the afternoon, a couple more phone calls from the Precinct reach Logan's Mom, until, come 7.30pm she comes upstairs in the HQ, all dressed for work.

Bethany, L's Mom
"Hey Loey, hi Alana. I gotta go to the Precinct, there's a little emergency. That boy from your school, Davey Jenkins, is missing. Remember him? Have you two seen him around these days? Apparently he was complaining about being bullied..." she asks, looking at you two in an inquisitive way.
Feb 6, 2022 1:34 pm
"He's kind of a wimp," Al says. "So it's no surprise he's being bullied. One time, we even saved him from a group of bullies!"

She pauses for effect and then says: "Maybe he got kidnapped by a monster! The monster hunter squad should go and look for him."

Bethany, L's Mom

Dr_B

Feb 6, 2022 1:42 pm
Bethany, L's Mom
"Actually, I'd rather you stayed home. They are starting a small search party at the Precinct. Grownups only. It's probably nothing, and they'll find him somewhere, but better safe than sorry... Stay here, Gram can give Alana a lift home, later. I'll leave the car."

Bethany, L's Mom

Dr_B

Feb 6, 2022 1:53 pm
Bethany, L's Mom
She is about to close the door and leave, then she asks Alana, "these bullies you saved Davey from. How long ago was that? Who were they?"
Feb 6, 2022 2:18 pm
"That was on the last day of school!", Al says. She then exchanges a nervous glance with Logan. Should they tell her the names of the bullies? What if Chet and his goons get in trouble and then find out that it was Al and Logan who ratted them out? They'd probably beat them up for days!
load next

Thread locked