ALOAQs

Feb 11, 2022 3:06 pm
If you're after ideas for tips, I've been collecting "At least once asked questions" I've seen on the discord. Not all of these will be suitable for videos though (and some have already been done).
Q. How are people showing their game info in the Games Tavern?
A. In the game details page you can link to the thread in Games Tavern

Q. If I wanted to include a map to accompany gameplay, do I just upload it into a separate thread under the forum section for the game?
A. There are a lot of ways you can go about it, depending on the map and situation
For example, I usually have a "Knowledge Compendium" type thread where I'll stick regional/sector maps that aren't meant to be tactical at all
But if it's something like a D&D battle map or something where very "precise" placement and updating of positions is important, you can use something like OnTheFlyBattleMaps to have an integrated map, or just load pictures post-by-post that you've updated with the relevant info
You can also use zoommaps if you'd like to add pins, the pin location is based on pixels so you have to do some testing but it lets you zoom in and place pins.
Example Here: https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/22701/?p=1049929#p1049929

Q. how do you move a forum thread into a different 'folder'?
A. On the thread, at the top right, next to the pager, there's a little arrow. Click that.

Q. How do you link to a specific post within a thread?
A. I right-click on the post title and copy that URL. Or the post date if on mobile.

Q. I tried to use the
[youtube] [/youtube]
link from the welcome announcement post in one of my game posts and it didn't work?
A. Did you use the share link from youtube?

Q. So, I started off my Community Chaos game as private, but then I switched it to Public, but I don't think it's showing up in the Public threads like my CoC ones are. I'm pretty sure I messed something up, but I can't tell what.
A. Subforum threads don't appear in the "Latest in Public Games"

Q. I click the @ and open it within the same tab and the notification disappears from the front page, but then it’ll come back
A. Major edit brings it back

Q. Quick question with the Cards tool - is it possible to upload your own cards or is it just the normal Playing Cards with and without Jokers? Or defined a deck, usecase d&d deck of many things
A. Just normal playing cards

Q. Is there any logic in the character list? Some of my character there are in active and inactive games, and some that are not connected to a game.
A. Alphabetical

Q. in the NPC character sheet listing syntax (name | URL of image ) , is there anything I can add as a 'note to self', so it does not display in the list of characters and when I use the NPCs in a post? (like a REMark line)? Thanks.
A. Not at the moment. But it’s worth a look. You could use snippets
[snippets="npcs"]
#npc fred
[npc="fred"]imgurl[/npc]
[note="Dr_B"]
Fred is a baddy
[/note]
# npc wilma 
Etc
[/snippets]
For complex cases. More flexible, but not as pretty or user friendly as the npcs tag.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.