[CLOSED]LF Player [Pathfinder 1e] The Mummy's Mask

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedPathfinderPrivate1 / dayQralloq
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XMeRFoX5x4c/maxresdefault.jpg

Pathfinder (first edition)

PART 1: THE LOTTERY AND THE TOMB OF AKHENTEPI

The adventure begins in the city of Wati, where the Asp and Crook Rivers converge to form the River Sphinx in southeastern Osirion. The PCs should already be present in Wati and be acquainted with one another, with an interest in exploring the tombs of Wati?s necropolis. With the necropolis opened by royal decree, the priests of the local temple of Pharasma, the Grand Mausoleum, have been tasked with assigning sites ready for exploration to adventuring companies in a lottery. The adventure assumes that the PCs have already formed an adventuring party and have registered for this lottery with the priesthood of the Grand Mausoleum.

Registering is not difficult; there are no background checks or special fees or requirements. A priest simply records the name of the group and the names of its members, and gives them a token that they should present when the group receives its first assignment at the lottery?s opening ceremony.

I'm looking for a few players to start this game. This will be Part 1 of a six part Adventure Path published by Paizo. I have run it for my in-person troupe and loved the Egyptian themes lovingly translated to the Pathfinder world of Golarion.

This game will be open to newcomers to Pathfinder.

Feb 16, 2022 7:59 pm
Looking for one player to replace our wizard after the player had to leave the site for real-life reasons.

The players have finished the first third of the first book -- this took about six months. The second is about to start, so a great time to introduce a new character.

Battle maps for dungeons are handled with periodically updated maps rather than token positioning. Dungeon crawls are sped up through some house rules to eliminate analysis paralysis and needless waiting for routine rolls.

Level 2 Characters can be from any published Paizo material, subject to GM discretion. The game is largely urban, and undead, trap, and construct heavy, so consider that builds unsuited for that may be frustrated.

Current party makeup (all level 2):
- Magus (archer)
- cleric of Kepri
- unchained rogue
- paladin (undead scourge)

Anyone interested in joining an Egyptian flavoured tomb-raiding adventuring party?
Feb 17, 2022 10:07 am
Shameless plug for our game - Qralloq has been an exceptional GM, and we have a fun group of players. We could really use a smarty pants in the party, but I'll just be glad to have another person to play Indiana Jones with :)
Feb 17, 2022 10:26 am
How’s your stance against a newby who is currently reading the book but haven’t played a single Pathfinder game in his life? :D If positive, I would love to join. I’m eager to learn and unless there are some specific issues that I can’t look from online materials I won’t be bothering you with questions. I would totally understand if you’re unwilling to accept a rookie though. Pathfinder is not an easy system to quickly learn and digest.
Feb 17, 2022 11:47 am
Qralloq is a great DM. The game has been a lot of fun.

Qralloq has the final word, but in my opinion the best way to learn a game is by playing it. And although a wizard (or any arcane full caster) would be good, we have all the essential roles covered: Arcane Caster (not a full caster though), Divine Caster, Trapfinder and Tank.

So we can have anyone in the party.

If you want to stick with the full arcane spellcaster role I recommend the sorcerer. They are easier to play for beginners.

If really want to fill the gap, the Sage Archetype can do most things a wizard can and it is easier to play.
Last edited February 17, 2022 2:35 pm
Feb 17, 2022 11:56 am
Actually it's nice to play a wizard. Back when I started D&D5e, I generally avoided playing spellcaster characters and I regretted it. The promise of wizards "gaining their powers through study and effort" calls out to me. That is, if I am accepted :)
Feb 17, 2022 12:26 pm
Jumping in as another player. I personally love helping getting people into pathfinder, so would have no problem helping out with any questions.

Arcanist, a pathfinder only class would be another possibility, (They have the same study ethic and access to lots of spells as Wizards, without the micromanaging of every spell slot of Wizards which is why Wizard can be considered hard) but in the end up to you.
Feb 17, 2022 12:43 pm
Preparing spells is really the only problem with wizards. Well done is VERY powerful, but it is hard work. Not everyone likes it. The arcanist has a lighter version of this.

You must prepare your spells, but they are not expended when they’re cast. It functions more like the D&D 5e wizard.

The good about arcanist is that Magaambya, one of few places one can learn the art of the ancient Azlanti arcanists is in Garund, at the Mwangi Expanse. The Kingdon of Nex is also a place where the Garundi can learn the arcanist art.

Wizardry is more a north form of magic weaving in Golarion. In the south I think arcanists are more common, and Osirion is right in the middle
Last edited February 17, 2022 2:36 pm
Feb 17, 2022 1:40 pm
I completely agree with my players. I'd love to have you join @ireneofunyes. Direct experience isn't necessary and I really don't mind teaching or guiding new players.
May 14, 2022 2:08 am
We're looking for one or two to join the Destined Delvers adventuring party. The party has a healer cleric, a paladin, an archer, and a rogue.

We're most of the way through the second "dungeon" of three that constitutes the first book of the adventure path.
May 14, 2022 2:40 am
A bard or ranger would be a nice addition.
May 14, 2022 5:46 am
I’ll throw my hat in the ring.

Could I play a sorcerer, a Druid, or a skald?
May 14, 2022 8:59 am
It looks like an Archeologist would be thematic but redundant based on party composition, perhaps an archivist?
May 14, 2022 1:30 pm
Awesome, I'll send you both invites and you can discuss those options with the class (I have no objections.).
May 21, 2022 12:51 pm
A gamer named Adam sent me this link and said you might have a space for me? I'd be down to fulfill whatever party needs are character wise
Don't have much exp with PF mostly with dnd but I'm a studious lad and would love to get involved.
May 21, 2022 1:11 pm
Hi ianXian. I'll send you an invite. I'll see that on the front page (when you click the Gamers Plane logo).

You do not have permission to post in this thread.