Ask Me Anything: Squadfather44

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 18, 2022 9:19 pm
Fatherhood first hit me at 29.

While I do enjoy a good fight, I also love a good roleplaying encounter.

I do like Dungeon World.
Feb 18, 2022 9:21 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Since I'm a European to whom most of the US is just the same, how would you describe the difference between Virginia and North Carolina?
In my opinion I think North Carolina is a bit more built up in it's cities. Both have large areas of woodlands.
Feb 19, 2022 12:18 am
1. Is your favorite actor Tom Hardy?
2. Do you have a favorite character name and is it Atticus?
3. What is your favorite thing to do in rpgs?
4. What's a game you want to play but haven't gotten a chance yet?
Feb 19, 2022 2:32 am
1. I don't know about being my favorite, but I do like a lot of his movies. He's done some great work.

2. I've used Atticus and Elias a few times.

3. I love a good fight, but I like a solid puzzle and exploring as well.

4. I'd love to play a game in the new 2d20 Conan ttrpg from Modiphius.
Feb 19, 2022 4:20 am
Squadfather44 says:

And....don't forget Logan.
Feb 19, 2022 6:17 am
RageRed says:
Squadfather44 says:

And....don't forget Logan.
Indeed, I've used Logan as well.
Feb 20, 2022 1:09 am
- Are you into videogames based on boardgames? Or if not necessarily based, then sharing some similarities (like card deck builders)?
- Pendragon sounds like it's based on Arthurian legends. Do you like them, be it on their own or as a setting inspiration? :D
- If you like all kinds of movies, does it mean you enjoy musical movies too? Like Les Miserables, or a good chunk of Disney? Ever watched a movie that's all songs?
- What kind of cooking do you prefer: baking, frying, mixing, etc.? Favorite dish to make?
- Can you name some local USA food you enjoy that is less known to other countries?
Last edited February 20, 2022 1:10 am
Feb 20, 2022 3:55 pm
I know you like the Fallout and Dishonored video games (because of our game history here on GP and extensive PMs lol), which of each franchise is your favorite?
Feb 20, 2022 4:36 pm
I like an assortment of games. I'll honestly try anything out.

Pendragon is indeed based on Arthurian stories. It's roleplaying in the realm of King Arthur and the knights of the round table. I've always loved the game and the stories.

I'll watch any kind of movie, even musicals. If it's got something to keep my attention then I'm fine.

I'm better at grilling, but I do like to mess with desserts. As far as favorites go...I do enjoy grilling outside..so burgers, steak, chicken...etc.

Hmm...not sure about the dishes. I pretty much like all of the common ones.
Feb 20, 2022 4:38 pm
@aquafina- I like the first Dishonored game, but I love Fallout 4.
Feb 21, 2022 4:07 am
Do you prefer longer campaigns or one-shots?
Feb 21, 2022 5:28 am
While I do like both, long-term campaigns will win me over.
Feb 21, 2022 10:26 am
What edition of D&D did you start with? And did you/your group have any misunderstandings about the rules and played something wrong for the longest time before you figured it out?
Feb 21, 2022 2:41 pm
I had dabbled a bit here and there until I started playing 2nd Edition D&D. I was in a campaign with a couple close friends and we had been moving along pretty good...until we realized how bad we've been butchering the combat rules...lol

The argument that ensued was the stuff of legend..lol

You do not have permission to post in this thread.