Chapter 9 - Zapped!

load previous
Mar 8, 2022 1:43 pm
Cody reaches Alana on the socket, using the rope support to his advantage.

[cooker base]
[cooker top - Logan, Alice]
[electric socket - wall wire start - Alana, Cody]
[wire on the wall]
[wire - through the door]
OOC:
+1 to reach the socket with the rope.

+2 to follow the wire from the socket onwards.
Mar 8, 2022 2:12 pm
"Cody, hold this!", Al demands, pushing the sticky rope into Cody's hands. "I'll keep going!"

Rolls

Athletics - (1d4+2, 1d6+2, RA)

1d4+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

1d6+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

Mar 8, 2022 2:57 pm
Alana starts the combination of balancing act and tree climbing involved in following the thick electric wire on the wall.

On the horizontal stretches she can sidestep on the wire, with her back to the wall, trying not to look down too much, as the drop to the cooker below is scary, and gets scarier as the wire snakes higher up on the wall.

On the vertical stretches of the wire, it is closer to tree climbing, and in a sense easier as she is facing the wall, not seeing the heights become more and more dizzying.

She reaches the half-way point on the wire and stops to catch her breath.

[cooker base]
[cooker top - Logan, Alice]
[electric socket - wall wire start - Cody]
[wire on the wall - Alana]
Mar 8, 2022 3:10 pm
"Loey! Alice! Come on up here, I'll hold the rope for you!" he calls down to the cooker surface.
Mar 8, 2022 5:22 pm
Logan wipes his hand as best as he can and gives it another go at climbing the rope up to the socket.

Rolls

Athletics, Wild - (1d4+1, 1d6+1, RA)

1d4+1 : (3) + 1 = 4

1d6+1 : (3) + 1 = 4

Mar 8, 2022 7:36 pm
Logan manages to join Cody on the socket. Cody pats him on the back and keeps holding the rope for Alice below.

[cooker base]
[cooker top - Alice]
[electric socket - wall wire start - Cody, Logan]
[wire on the wall - Alana]
Mar 8, 2022 8:23 pm
While Cody holds the rope for Alice, Logan pats him on the back and gets ready to keep climbing. Reaching up Logan gets a good hold and starts moving up the wire.

Rolls

Athletics, Wild - (1d4+2, 1d6+2, RA)

1d4+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

1d6+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Mar 8, 2022 9:11 pm
"Oh no, you're not getting ahead of me!", Al laughs as Logan catches up to her. "I'm going through the door and you'll be eating my dust!"
OOC:
I know this is tactically unsound especially out of combat, but Al will rush now. I'll do both climbs at once with a -2 penalty for two actions in one turn.

Rolls

Athletics 1 - (1d4-2, 1d6-2, RA)

1d4-2 : (3) - 2 = 1

1d6-2 : (5) - 2 = 3

Athletics 2 - (1d4-2, 1d6-2, RA)

1d4-2 : (3) - 2 = 1

1d6-2 : (2) - 2 = 0

Mar 8, 2022 10:10 pm
Logan reaches the wall mid-point side-stepping on the wire.
OOC:
OK, so... Alana rushes forward with a multi-action. In your rolls you have not calculated the +2 for the wire (that negates the -2 of the multi-action). So Alana's final rolls are 5 and 3.
Alana lets her competitive streak take over and rushes forward, despite the dangerous climb ahead of her. She climbs the wire vertically, all along the doorframe, to dizzying heights. Logan sees her smaller and smaller above him.
She successfully reaches the corner of the doorframe, where the wire gets through the door.

https://i.imgur.com/bU9LTBC.png

With a triumphant shout, she crawls through the gap between the top of the door and the doorframe. Her companions see her distant, tiny figure go through the door...
[ +- ] ...
Mar 8, 2022 10:23 pm
[ +- ] ...
Cody Brewster
"AL??? ALANA???" he shouts, looking at the door through which she has disappeared...
Mar 8, 2022 10:27 pm
Aww shit! Something happened to Al. I'm going ahead..you guys catch up when you can. Logan shouts down to Cody and Alice as he starts to climb up towards the door.

Rolls

1d4+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

1d6+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Mar 8, 2022 10:32 pm
Logan makes the long vertical climb along the doorframe, until he is at the very top of the door.

He cautiously negotiates the gap over the door and finds himself in a dark place. He stops and looks around: he cannot see Alana anywhere.

[cooker base]
[cooker top - Alice]
[electric socket - wall wire start - Cody]
[wire on the wall]
[wire - through the door - Logan]
[? - Alana]
Mar 8, 2022 10:35 pm
Logan carefully starts to climb down the wiring. Al?. Are you okay..can you hear me?

Rolls

1d4+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

1d6+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

Mar 8, 2022 10:51 pm
OOC:
On this cliffhanger moment, we fade to black and close this chapter of our story...

Thread locked