The Wizard's Mark

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 15, 2016 9:34 pm
Hi Everyone!

Consider this my "wizard's mark" on the "door" of this thread to mark the place where the forming of a new adventuring company might begin!

I started playing D&D back in 1980 with the Basic Set, then progressed to AD&D through my pre-teen and teen years.

Later, in my late 20's, I came back to the game and I played a little PBP 3.5 D&D back in the late 90's and early 2000's, but an early TPK in one group and the early fading away of another left me without much actual play at the time.

At the beginning of 4e I moved to a new city (Vancouver, BC) and started up a weekly RL game as DM and hosted from my home. That same group still gathers weekly at my home for our current RL 5e campaigns.

I've loved D&D ever since my first taste of it at the age of 9. Now, at 45, I still think it's the best thing ever. I would like to play more, but more RL games aren't possible - one per week is all my and my friends' schedules can allow. But my appetite is for more and there are character concepts in my imagination that I never get a chance to try, especially since I mostly DM at our RL game.

So I'm hoping to get that extra fix I need from some good D&D here in these forums. I look forward to meeting you!
Jun 15, 2016 9:57 pm
Welcome to GP. I know there's always D&D games popping up but also there's other systems if you'd want to try/test those out popping up all the time. Check out the Gamer's Tavern area if you're curious what's new coming along.
Jun 15, 2016 10:07 pm
/casts detect magic

I sense an Omenstar mark near!

Welcome to the community! I'm sure with all the influx of Blockheads there will be plenty of D&D games starting soon!
Jun 15, 2016 10:15 pm
Yes! Hoping for more Blockheads! I forgot to mention in my OP that I heard about this site on their episode 80 (I think). Great podcast.
Jun 15, 2016 10:18 pm
Welcome Omenstar! Heh, from how you opened, I figured "Sweet, someone else who wants to get The One Ring going on here!" (I consider The One Ring my prettiest character sheet), but DnD is absolutely fantastic. I'm sure you'll be able to find a DnD game to play, if not right away, pretty quick. Like Remnant said, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern forum, and be sure to set your LFG settings (under the Games section), to get emailed when a new game of whatever type you want gets made!
Jun 15, 2016 10:28 pm
Welcome!
Jun 15, 2016 11:41 pm
Hello and welcome
Jun 16, 2016 12:05 am
Welcome and welcome.
Jun 16, 2016 12:07 am
Hello and welcome.
Jun 16, 2016 12:10 am
Welcome, Omenstar, my story sounds exactly like yours, except my troupe never graduated past 3.5/PF. Also, I'm in western Canada, too.
Jun 16, 2016 12:21 am
Qralloq says:
Welcome, Omenstar, my story sounds exactly like yours, except my troupe never graduated past 3.5/PF. Also, I'm in western Canada, too.
Man, I wish the wife and I were in western Canada. Super jealous over here!
Jun 16, 2016 12:27 am
welcome to the most wonderful Gamers Plane! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Jun 16, 2016 4:00 am
Welcome, welcome!
Jun 16, 2016 8:06 am
Jabes, at your service.
Jun 16, 2016 1:26 pm
Welcome!
Jun 16, 2016 2:58 pm
Wow! I'm humbled to be so warmly welcomed by so many - and so promptly! If this simple introduction thread is any indication, then I've certainly landed in a fantastic community of excellent folks. Thank you for your generous salutations!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.