Character sheets are (maybe) changing

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Custom all the sheets!

Adam

Mar 3, 2022 2:39 pm
Custom characters sheets are going to see some new functionality soon.

This might be of interest to people who are thinking of starting a new game (even if it's one of the in-built GP systems).

https://i.imgur.com/FguzOf2.png
For people who just don't care

Don't panic. Nobody is going to force these on your games. Nothing will change in games that you're already running. If you like your existing sheets then carry on using them. The only thing you'll notice different is that you'll now see the whole sheet when you select a custom character sheet under the rolls section.
For players

For players using the extended custom character sheet functionality, you'll be able to see and change bits of your custom character sheet directly from the posting pages without opening up a mess of BBCode.

With these new extended custom sheets we'll be able to support some of the rules calculations that the in-built character sheets don't currently have (e.g. in DnD 5e: expertise, jack of all trades, bonuses to saving throws, bonuses to spell DCs).

https://i.imgur.com/bmV2SQS.png

The DnD Beyond import Chrome extension has been updated to support these too (instructions to follow).
For GMs

Even if you're GMing a non-custom system, think about allowing custom character sheets in your games for players who want to use the new sheets.
For power users and geeks

If you know a system well, then you can help the GP community by developing custom character sheet templates.

Custom all the sheets!
Mar 4, 2022 12:46 am
This is such a huge improvement! Amazing work!
Mar 4, 2022 2:36 am
Time to redo all those Custom Templates!
Mar 4, 2022 7:08 am
If your game uses Star Wars FFG, Fate or Feng Shui dice then this first release won't support those dice systems yet - But we'll add it as soon as we can work out a good dice notation.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/847468766149476394/949196508417372170/1000.png

For SW narrative dice, how does this sound? ADFPCBS for the dice type, so either 3P2B or PPPBB to mean 3 Proficiency, 2 Boost. We could have an extra roll table type to tell the system to look for these dice patterns.

[table="rolls swffg"]
Skill | Roll
Blow this thing | 3PB
Go home | 2P4B
[/table]
Last edited March 4, 2022 7:15 am
Mar 4, 2022 2:47 pm
This is incredible! I can't yet wrap my head around how it works but I'll get to it eventually. Many thanks to @Adam & @Keleth and everyone else involved!
Mar 4, 2022 3:19 pm
A lot of people helped, but @Chalrytharendir, @KoldikSteelskin and @ZeroHero were epic.
Last edited March 4, 2022 3:19 pm
Mar 4, 2022 5:18 pm
wow, that looks like a terrific set of tools for character sheets 😮
Mar 4, 2022 5:39 pm
Excellent! It's great to see the community being involved in taking things to the next level - a GP major trait if you ask me.
Mar 4, 2022 9:41 pm
Adam says:
A lot of people helped, but @Chalrytharendir, @KoldikSteelskin and @ZeroHero were epic.
Cheers, glad I could be helpful and very thankful to everyone who contributed to the new updated!
Mar 8, 2022 4:54 pm
So your all exited! this feature is LIVE! that's right LIVE that means you can use it but what now I have so many old sheets that I'm never going to be able to transition them... you might be asking is there some faster way.
Well it all depends on how much work your willing to put in and what your looking to get out of the sheet, If you have the time to learn these features and design a sheet for the systems you play Great!, if not and there's already one that exists Great! otherwise you probably aren't thinking of transitioning anyway if you are looking at transitioning your characters though here are a few handy tips.

1. Ctrl+M
Ctrl+M makes something a text editable field so make use of that, if you want to be able to quickly change something or something needs to become a Variable select it and give it the Ctrl+M treatment, if you need it to become a variable there is one extra step you'll need to take name the Variable:
[_sitck a name here=text/number you selected]

think about what you want to call the Variable you'll want to be able to remember it if you ever need to refence it in an equation
*Varibles Can't have spaces in their names

2. Copy This
Most GP sheets have some are that is something like this:
https://i.imgur.com/DY7Cy1t.png
you can copy that text because ultimately that's what your going to want in your other sheet it will render like this
[ +- ] Render
This is wonderfull to speed things up if you plan to stick this in an abilities tag anyway because you can just remove that Divine HealthNotes part after each title and stick it inside an abilities tag and add a # before each title and you'll have exactly what you had on the old sheet.

3. Use Lots of Abilities Tags!
Abilities tags surrounding things will make you happy further down the road whether skills or you background everything is easier to edit if it is easier to find and that's what adding the abilities tags does because you can now click on an abilities section and edit it you don't need to look through the whole sheet so you can add that +1 bonus you just got to jumping you can edit the section where jumping is mentioned and then it'll be twice as easy to find jumping.
If your working on building a sheet and need help, a post in Questions and Help on the Fourms or on discord at gp-help and someone will get to you eventually also don't be afraid to tag me in your question, I've been testing this feature for quite a while and I think I have a pretty good understanding of it.
Last edited March 8, 2022 5:03 pm
Mar 10, 2022 7:30 pm
Adam says:
Omg ... I read this... Only now... 😳😳😳
Glad to help...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.