Interest check: RPG Bundle for Trans Rights

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 14, 2022 12:25 pm
So... since I was one of the lucky who got one of bowl's bundles, I'll follow her post and keep this topic hot for a bit longer. As a thanks to bowl and the community, I want to give back to the GP's community by GMing one of the games in the bundle.

Just so we make a little bit more noise, I would like for the game to be chosen by the community!

If you guys are interested, just let me know what game you'd like to play/watch being played. I'll sum up the votes and run that game, whatever it is.
Note: pick one you like regardless of the number of players (I'll find a way, even if it's a single player game :D).

Also, if one of our experienced ⭐GMs wants to help me, that would be great! I'd definitely be interested in learning a few tricks, getting different perspectives and generally making this particular game as awesome as it can be.

https://res.cloudinary.com/lmn/image/upload/c_limit,h_360,w_640/e_sharpen:100/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1/gameskinny/cc061e44d11d2442a4172584d9500d56.jpg
"A game will be played!"

The Game System and Rules Version. You choose from any of these.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes. Depending on the system, and given this is a bundle to support Trans Rights, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some civil rights violations and one or two cowboys making controversial declarations.

Game Duration and Post Frequency. Likely 2-3 times a week

Player Experience Requirements. None, which would match the GM's

How to Apply. Check the bundle options, vote in a system or two and we'll get it from there.

Welcome Marginalized Groups. This game is explicitly friendly to everyone!

https://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/24612/?p=1145606#p1145606
Last edited March 14, 2022 8:09 pm
Mar 14, 2022 1:28 pm
Great initiative to keep the fuzz on. Now, what to choose...
Mar 14, 2022 3:54 pm
Antiproduct says:
Great initiative to keep the fuzz on. Now, what to choose...
ahah it is a hard choice :D
Since there's a lot of games, it is likely many of you can't really spend the time to browse the whole list. As such, I'll be posting daily links for some random selected games for everyone to get a chance. This is mostly for those who don't have the time (or patience) to go through 400+ games. I'd still encourage everyone to post which games they found the most interesting if they can :D
[ +- ] Games Sample
Last edited March 15, 2022 9:43 pm
Mar 14, 2022 4:29 pm
CESN says:
... what game you'd like to play ...
I have been intrigued by the idea of Pigsmoke since I read it a few years ago. I am not good at running 'school games', though, so have not gotten it to the table and would not mind being a player.

Nibiru looked interesting, but has been sitting, unread, on my shelf for so long that I can not remember why. :)

There were others in there that looked interesting, but I don't have time to work though that list again to find them. :)
CESN says:
... can't really spend the time to browse the whole list ...
No kidding. It took me 4 days just to run through 17 pages of downloads and see what I did not already have (not many) and what seemed interesting (a handful).
CESN says:
... Also, if one of our experienced ⭐GMs wants to help me ...
Always happy to help. Just say what you need. Whether I am a player in the game or not.
Mar 14, 2022 4:32 pm
Pigsmoke might be fun.

I read Nibiru a while back and did not like it
Mar 14, 2022 5:27 pm
Fun that we might be able to try some of these, thanks @CESN.

So far, I quite like the look of The Curse of the House of Rookwood and Noirlandia in that bundle.
Mar 14, 2022 5:31 pm
It's not a secret that I want to try out Damn the Man, Save the Music but that's a system that I think I'd prefer to run over playing in it.

I'm overextended in regards to running systems currently but I might get back to that at some point in the future
Mar 14, 2022 8:28 pm
Good cause. I'm in. Will take me a bit to look over all the options though.
Mar 14, 2022 9:29 pm
I like the sound of...The Curse of the House of Rookwood. I'd definitely be up for playing that one. Count me in for the cause.
Mar 15, 2022 1:09 am
Those games all sound good.

I really liked the idea of Bilge Rats (rat pirates on the high seas) but the system uses liar's dice versus the GM, and that probably is very difficult to replicate on these forums.

Punk Pride Pixies is a simple one-page RPG that could be a lot of fun with player buy in.

Also, lest it go unsaid, I'm in a ton of games and would prefer to stand aside so that others may play, but I'm available to fill out a group as needed.
Mar 15, 2022 2:06 am
I would also be interested in Pigsmoke
Mar 15, 2022 8:41 am
vagueGM says:
Always happy to help. Just say what you need. Whether I am a player in the game or not.
Cool thanks. It's mostly bouncing ideas a discussing how to kill players, you know, nothing usual 😈
My idea is mostly to get someone else's experience and input into the game to make sure it works into something really cool :)
Qralloq says:
Also, lest it go unsaid, I'm in a ton of games and would prefer to stand aside so that others may play, but I'm available to fill out a group as needed.
Ton of games? you? no one will believe that one 🤣
Mar 15, 2022 9:02 am
CESN says:
... discussing how to kill players, you know, nothing usual ...
My general advice is to not kill players, followed by not admitting to it in public forums. :)
Mar 15, 2022 9:07 am
So day 2, second sample of games, but first...
[ +- ] Results so far:
Last edited March 15, 2022 9:42 pm
Mar 15, 2022 9:07 am
Rise or Fall of [INSERT NAME HERE]: follows the story of a character — a student at a new high school, a questing knight, a struggling artist, a young child who has found the door to a magic kingdom — with shifting goals and priorities, charting their story towards an uncertain end.

Magical Pets: a cute little hack of Lasers & Feelings where you are the pets of students or teachers at a magic school. Since your humans are busy all the time, it falls to you to take care of various problems that befall the school...

Black Hole Era: In this game you will portray one of the mighty vessels called into being to defend your home. Sentient and self aware, you are equipped with space bending engines, exotic energy weapons, and nanoscale fabricators for self repair. However, resources are scarce and must be scavenged from your foes or rationed carefully from the homeworld vaults. You will have to weigh the benefits of bringing home materials or using them in the field. based on the LUMEN RPG system

Hometown Holiday TTRPG: Ever wanted to star in your own cheesy holiday romcom? a comedy/romance roleplaying game where players chose from one of six character classes inspired by tropes from Hallmark and Netflix holiday movies and compete to woo their shared love interest and complete secret objectives! Will you play as uptight businessman who needs to learn the meaning of Christmas? Maybe you run a quaint coffee shop on Main Street and find yourself smitten with a handsome prince!

The King is dead: It is as many suspected, and as a few feared: All the lands of Prydein, its mountains and sheep, all its farmers and guardsmen, and all the powers of statehood are to be inherited solely by the King’s youngest born rather than being divided equally... The reason for this sudden change in tradition? Branwen was prophesied to become the next King by his witch-child Manawydan. So now each Lordling must choose: Will you follow your father’s wishes and swear fealty to Branwen, or revolt and fight against the tide of destiny and take what you think is rightfully your, or perhaps you will find another way?

Global Dragon Egg Conservation: Journal each day with the Dragon Eggs you've been given to take care of. Overcome adversity, grow along with your eggs and watch your beautiful babies fly away knowing you've done something amazing.
Last edited March 21, 2022 10:31 am
Mar 15, 2022 9:08 am
vagueGM says:
CESN says:
... discussing how to kill players, you know, nothing usual ...
My general advice is to not kill players, followed by not admitting to it in public forums. :)
Already learning 🤣🤣 Probably why my games ... died
Mar 15, 2022 10:18 am
bowlofspinach says:
It's not a secret that I want to try out Damn the Man, Save the Music but that's a system that I think I'd prefer to run over playing in it.
I like this one too, seems fun! I would also vote for Nibiru.
Last edited March 15, 2022 10:18 am
Mar 15, 2022 1:12 pm
What a great and diverse menu of games!
I'd love to try Noirlandia or a round of Punk Pride Pixies.
Mar 15, 2022 6:14 pm
Adding my votes for Curse of the House of Rookwood, Noirlandia, and Punk Pride Pixies.
Last edited March 15, 2022 6:15 pm
Mar 16, 2022 9:23 am
So a few more days of game advertising and bumping this thread to go.
[ +- ] Results so far:
[ +- ] More games
Last edited March 17, 2022 4:20 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.