Chapter 3: Mette's House

load previous
Apr 5, 2022 11:56 am
"Yes. I think we should look into this. Like it or not, we're the ones who got a wake up call on Krafta's shady operations. Not the police. For all we know, they could be on Krafta's payroll. Heck, Krafta have patrols and checkpoints like the own the freaking place..." She shakes her head, her ears flushed red as the thought makes her angry.

"I'm in. Besides, Mette's friends are still missing, right? We need to find out what happened to them... it's been days..."
Apr 5, 2022 5:51 pm
"Oh," Lisa suddenly says. "You were asking about this weird thing Mette had with her, right? The photo conductor or something?" She leans over the bed and pulls out a strange little device from under Mette's pillow. It looks a bit like a phone handset, except with a small screen attached to it, as well as a disk drive containing a tiny little disk, probably the information that Ing-Marie asked for.
She glances around your group as she tries to decide who to give it to before settling on Henry and holding it out to him.
Apr 5, 2022 8:33 pm
"Great." Sabine says, as the device is revealed. "We should take this to Ing-Marie back at the comic store and see what's on the disk." She looks over to Kajsa. "Is that nice and safe enough for you, Kaj?"
OOC:
Didn't realize an Anchor meant ball-and-chain.

Kajsa Roos

bowlofspinach

Apr 5, 2022 9:11 pm
OOC:
Sorry, I wasn't intending for her to become an annoyance or anything. She's just concerned and more risk-averse... But I might have gone a bit overboard with that
Kajsa sighs. "You're not going to let this go, are you?", she asks. Then she chuckles and shakes her head. "No, of course you're not." She takes Sabine's hand and then says: "I'm just scared. But you have to do what you think is right. The fact that you can't just stand by when something bad is happening is part of why I love you after all. I think I should just go home and leave you to it. Don't tell me what exactly you're doing, just promise to occasionally let me know you're okay. Okay?"
Kajsa Roos
Apr 5, 2022 9:20 pm
"Its true. I have a very difficult time standing by when I know I can help." Sabine responds to Kajsa. "But, you are everything to me and I care how you feel. I don't want to hurt you...or us."

KCC

Apr 6, 2022 10:18 am
Henry put out his hand to take the device, and a question occurred to him.

"Her friends. Their parents. Are they all… like that?" he whips his thumb in the general direction of the two drunks out on the lawn.

"If they are… that might be important. Finding test subjects whose parents wouldn’t come asking too many questions."
Apr 6, 2022 11:12 am
Kajsa shakes her head. "Nothing could hurt us," she says seriously. "Just promise me you'll be careful." With an exaggeratedly stern look, she then adds: "I'll search you afterwards, thoroughly. And you better hope I won't find a single scratch on you anywhere!", before giving Sabine a brief wink.

"I don't really know their parents that well," Lisa says. "I once picked Mette up from Sixten's house and his parents seemed perfectly lovely. I think David's parents recently divorced, so there's maybe some stress there. No idea about Jillian. I never met her family." She shrugs.
Apr 6, 2022 3:16 pm
"Have the police even come by, Lisa?" Mikael asks, "Didn't they check over her body for evidence. I'm astounded they wouldn't have found the needle marks. Even I know that evidence of where was being held or hiding could have been on her body when she showed up out of nowhere. That kind of thing could have helped them track down the other kids."
Apr 6, 2022 8:36 pm
"I will see you home then and meet everyone back at the comic shop to see if Ing-Marie can pull something off the device's disk." Sabine conveys to Kajsa. "When we're ready to leave of course."
Apr 7, 2022 6:29 am
"They did come by," Lisa replies to Mikael. "Or, one policeman did. He's a friend of my parents. They told him Mette was just acting up so he came inside for a moment, looked her over and left again. He said he'd come back if he had any more questions, but he hasn't come back."

KCC

Apr 7, 2022 12:42 pm
"Amazing. Well, don’t worry. We will come back! Trust me." Henry looks at the others and senses that maybe it’s time to leave.

"Could you… maybe distract the dog while we jump back out of here? Not that it isn’t cute but…"

It’s big…
Apr 7, 2022 3:43 pm
"I'll come with you downstairs," Lisa offers. "If Killer comes around the house, I'll make sure he doesn't bother you. He's pretty mean to strangers but he loves me."
She takes a step towards the door before adding: "Unless one of you has another question before you go?"
OOC:
Let me know if you're ready to move on. I think your next stop would be to go back to Ing-Marie?
Apr 7, 2022 3:59 pm
"We'll bring more food, Lisa," she says as they get ready to leave.
OOC:
good to move on, here
Last edited April 7, 2022 4:00 pm
Apr 7, 2022 5:38 pm
Mikael nods, "Yeah, let's get going. Lisa, do you know the officers name that came by here? "
OOC:
Good to go here.
Apr 8, 2022 8:58 pm
"I'm ready when everyone else is." Sabine tells the others. "I don't relish the thought of hanging around too long and risk being confronted by the parents or their dog."

KCC

Apr 9, 2022 2:24 am
OOC:
Back to the comic book shop!
"Eh… there are some comics out on the grass. Sorry." he scratches his arm awkwardly.

"We tried to get them to you, but your mother wouldn’t take them! They should still be okay, but… maybe get them when you let us out! Sorry again!"
Apr 9, 2022 7:25 am
Lisa thinks for a moment over Mikael's question. "Erik," she then says. "I don't remember his last name." She pauses for a moment, then she adds: "But he was the one who was there for the assembly in school last year, when that one student died."

She leads you back down the stairs, sneaking a bit ahead of you to make sure the coast is clear. Then she guides you back out through the back door. "If there's any way I can help, let me know!", she whispers as you take off, heading back towards the comic book store.
OOC:
Continued in Chapter 4

Thread locked