Release Notes March 20th 2022

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 20, 2022 7:50 am
Bug fix - reroll aces
A bug prevented aces from exploding. This has now been fixed.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/847468766149476394/956085040457084991/exploding-dice.gif
Restoring retired games
Retired games can now be restored.

https://i.imgur.com/JQIypj2.png
Forums menu
The Forums option in the top menu now provides dropdown access to common forums.

https://i.imgur.com/xa30wze.png

Dice pools
The pool and pool-add table options can now be added to roll tables, indicating that rolls from that table should be grouped together (either comma-separated or summed). nd0 rolls are ignored.

Images in the game character generation section now resized for mobile devices.
Last edited March 23, 2022 7:01 am
Mar 23, 2022 6:52 am
The Questions and Help wasn't on the staging server, so I pushed it to introductions. I should have put it back for live. That's a bug.

It appears that the forums menu is controversial. (Public poll, in case we need to follow up with more questions).

Should we keep the Forums drop-down menu? Public

Yes
No
I don't care
Mar 23, 2022 9:28 am
Adam says:
It appears that the forums menu is controversial. (Public poll, in case we need to follow up with more questions).
Could we maybe get more nuanced polls? Maybe something along the lines of the traditional 5 steps: "Strongly agree, Agree, Indifference, Disagree, Strongly Disagree"?

I 'don't care', but tend slightly to not having them.

The lack of visual indications about what will drop down a menu and what will take us away from the page is a concern, too.
Mar 23, 2022 9:30 am
Slightly related to the dropdow menu thing: is there any possibility that you might consider removing the dropdown menu from Characters and Games? Especially the former?

I feel like having quick access to first six characters/games in alphabetical order is kinda... weird. At least for me! I'd understand if it was the most visited games, or the newest characters, but alphabetical isn't very useful - unless you delete all unused characters. Like for me, out of six characters displayed here only one I actually use... I suppose one can rename character labels so they are higher in the order, but I doubt anyone does it. (At least I'm yet to see any labels with 0 in the beginning.) Maybe it would be better if it just led to full lists?

The Forum thing just reminded me of it. :D

Edit: also, I support the concern about visual indication above, can we get an arrow next to the button text, maybe?
Last edited March 23, 2022 9:33 am
Mar 23, 2022 9:39 am
FlyingSucculent says:
Maybe it would be better if it just led to full lists?
I have 408 characters. A full list isn't going to work for me or my scroll bars.

But let's talk about it in the dev forum (everyone's invited).
Mar 23, 2022 9:42 am
I didn't mean full list in a dropdown menu, I meant making Characters link simply work like All Characters link. Cut out the extra click :D
Last edited March 23, 2022 9:45 am
Mar 23, 2022 9:54 am
Quote:
but I doubt anyone does it
I does it. But those sheets are from an old game that's no longer active and I just never bothered to change it and have instead simply begun ignoring the dropdown 😅

https://i.imgur.com/37eBzql.png
Mar 23, 2022 2:14 pm
Not a huge fan of the drop down menu for "Forums", but hey, "All Forums" is the first choice so maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it...

So, as VagueGM requested, I think my real entry into this poll would be "mildly disagree".
Last edited March 23, 2022 2:16 pm
Mar 23, 2022 2:24 pm
I tap Forums when I get on and when I'm changing to different sub. So, I hit that button a lot and now it takes me a button, mouse move, button instead of just a button. It wouldn't be so bad if the drop down noted if there was new stuff to read but it doesn't. Currently, I don't use the drop down at all. It is very much a nuisance. If it was an optional than I would opt out.
Mar 23, 2022 3:44 pm
With all those drop down I just middle click them to open the full list in a new tab and skip the extra click. So for me it is a matter of not cluttering up the tabs list (middle click, ctrl-W, which is a lot more work on mobile).

There is talk about changing the order these things are displayed in, so if the most recently used ones appear at the top it may become useful; or if the lists were longer it may become useful.

The static forum selection having nothing to do with my preferred forums or what I use, seems a bit opinionated as to what I should be looking at (but it probably is not actually a bad selection for quick access).
Mar 23, 2022 6:48 pm
I'm pretty sure that list was more designed with new members in mind rather than old ones
Mar 23, 2022 11:39 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I'm pretty sure that list was more designed with new members in mind rather than old ones
Hmm, so an option to turn them on or off, with on being the default choice? You know, for newbies...
Mar 23, 2022 11:40 pm
Personally, I'd prefer the characters, games, and forums links to not have dropdowns, and instead act as a direct link to the relevant page. The characters and games dropdown are pretty much useless to me right now due to how the options there are sorted. The forum dropdown seems like it could be a bit more useful, but I'd prefer the link anyways. Still would be clicking the same number of times to get to the same stuff even in the best case scenario where what you want is in the dropdown.
Mar 24, 2022 7:30 am
Looks like the poll results are in. The menu shall be removed.
Mar 25, 2022 4:54 am
Release Notes March 24th 2022

tweak/remove_forums_dropdown_menu

Dropdown forum menus have been removed.
Mar 25, 2022 6:42 am
Adam says:
Release Notes March 24th 2022

tweak/remove_forums_dropdown_menu

Dropdown forum menus have been removed.
RIP. You will be missed.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.