Chapter 11 - After the ordeal

load previous
Mar 22, 2022 10:31 pm
The four heroes venture out of the porch, looking around for the dogs, or the bullies. Or both.

They step out of the house, tentatively heading downhill. The quiet of the woods is soon broken by the growling and barking of the dogs, coming back towards them from some distance away!

Dog 1
Dog 2
Dog 3
Mar 22, 2022 10:32 pm
"Keep it together guys! Remember they might be hungry - and we got food." he says, but his voice comes out a little shaky.
Mar 22, 2022 10:38 pm
Logan carries the meatballs in his hand as he moves along in the woods. Carefully retracing his steps, Logan heads back towards the fence.
Mar 23, 2022 6:11 am
Al is holding one of the meatballs. When the dogs come running towards them, she tosses the ball in their general direction, starting panic lightly at their angry barking and hoping to distract them.
Mar 23, 2022 7:42 am
As the lump of meat lands in front of the dogs, they catch its scent and throw themselves at it, growling at each other for the first bite.
Forgetting about the intruders, they ravenously go for the food.
Mar 23, 2022 7:45 am
"Hey it's working! These guys haven't eaten in a week!" she says tossing her meatballs at the dogs.

The dogs gladly go for the extra lumps of mince.
Mar 23, 2022 7:47 am
"They seem happy for now, let's go - keep some meat in case they chase us again!"
says Cody, sprinting down the hill while the dogs are distracted.
Mar 23, 2022 7:58 am
The quartet run in the woods until they reach the metal fence around the house. The dogs seem uninterested and don't give chase.

https://i.imgur.com/pFeG317.png

Seeing no signs of Chet and his goons, they help Alana climb over the fence one-handed - and also give Logan a hand, who is still aching from being buried by huge bolts in the basement.

Following their own tracks and the tyre tracks of Chet's bikes, they retrace their steps to the broken fence by the road.

https://i.imgur.com/r5CuOmG.png

An unpleasant surprise is waiting for them there...
[ +- ] ...
Mar 23, 2022 8:13 am
"That could have been us, though," Al comments as s shiver runs down her spine at the sight. "Good thing we found a hiding place." She glances down at the tiny skateboard in her hand. "At least your parents will believe you what happened. I don't think my mom will believe me if I tell her I need a new board because my old one shrunk down."
Mar 23, 2022 8:37 am
https://i.imgur.com/HLHdmt3.png

And so the Monster Hunters (bruised, burnt, covered in goo and paint) make their way in the direction of Gulf Haven, slowly dragging Alice and Logan's wrecked bikes.
Only a few hours must have passed from when they were happily racing along this road, yet their uncanny adventure makes them feel it was a lifetime ago.

A strange bond has formed between the Hunters and Alice, the newcomer who was unwillingly involved in their ordeal, showing bravery and loyalty. The girl's got guts.
OOC:
We close this adventure with the exhausted Hunters walking away in the distance dragging their bikes.

Comment here on what they will do about the dead body - if they tell their parents, or Sheriff Finley, or Eddard at the curio shop. Or perhaps they don't tell anyone...

Also, Alana's burnt hand surely needs medical attention.

There will be Advancements for everybody, we'll discuss them in the OOC thread.
Mar 23, 2022 9:05 am
OOC:
I don't think Al would tell anyone. She'd just tell her parents the story of what happened, they will think she's making up something again and won't question her further. At least not once they realize that she won't budge from that story about how she got hurt.

If one of the others decides to tell, she'll go along with it and confirm their story but she herself will just forget about the dead body
Mar 23, 2022 9:51 am
OOC:
Logan will keep quiet about the body. He'll make up some excuses about all the bruises and being so sore. As far as his bike goes, it's only fair that he tells the truth.

Thread locked