Character Creation

load previous
Apr 7, 2022 2:15 pm
Moving this down to keep all the character blurbs together on one page.
vagueGM says:
@the_cava: Could you check your bio is up to date and transcribe here so we have them all in one place.

From what is on the sheet I have a few questions (add a 'can you ....?' to the ones that don't end in question marks:)

• Who is Lunette, whose footsteps you follow in?
• Briefly describe the 'things' you are hoping to 'get up and running' with the proceeds of this run.
• Describe your preferred drones' visuals and functions.
• Is your Piloting Skill only for Drones? Do you fly aircraft as well?
Apr 7, 2022 2:19 pm
Thank you everyone. That is good stuff.

I will put together a mission using what I can from this.

I see at least two potential individual side missions, and another that might apply to the whole group (minus one).
• Do we want to keep this simple or should be include individual or group alternate objectives?

There will be chances to flesh out characters during the mission briefing.
Apr 7, 2022 2:20 pm
vagueGM says:
Kamisori is our drone pilot (and 'aircraft pilot' too?).
The other players don't have to take what is said here as 'truth', this is all the character's opinion.
Aren't drones just smaller aircrafts? Or is it the other way around?
Apr 7, 2022 2:25 pm
the_cava says:
Aren't drones just smaller aircrafts? Or is it the other way around?
Drone can be anything you want, really.

Aricraft are 'craft' (vehicles), so you ride in (or on) them. Anyone can fly a plane or chopper or whatever, your drone experience even mean you don't have to do it with Zero Dice. :)

Have you flow such things before? Are you any good?
Apr 7, 2022 2:30 pm
Kamisori does not seem to have any connections to the rest of the group. That is fine, I can see a Lunette connection to link them to the mission. Or you can know the others, Winston might make sense to already know.
Apr 7, 2022 2:31 pm
How do we want to get the mission?

So far it looks like a 'medical tech heist'.

Should I have a fixer approach you guys with an offer, or is it something you came up with as a group? The answer can be different for some of you.
Apr 7, 2022 2:37 pm
@nezzeraj

Who is 'Luden' on the character sheet tab title and Game Details page?

What do people call you to your face? Winston? Fossil?

Have you been active in the scene recently? Or are you freshly 'out of retirement'?
Apr 7, 2022 2:41 pm
Luden was just the name I thought up before I had a solid character idea lol. But I'll say that was my old hacker handle before I retired. Fossil is my new alias that I have recently come out of retirement. I'd say this is my first out of retirement gig. Anyone who knows me before now calls me Winston. Anyone I don't want to know me I tell them Fossil.
Apr 7, 2022 3:00 pm
vagueGM says:
How do we want to get the mission?

So far it looks like a 'medical tech heist'.

Should I have a fixer approach you guys with an offer, or is it something you came up with as a group? The answer can be different for some of you.
I think having a fixer who would give us a specific brief would be best. And it could explain putting together any characters that don't know each other yet.
Apr 8, 2022 12:27 pm
vagueGM says:
Kamisori does not seem to have any connections to the rest of the group. That is fine, I can see a Lunette connection to link them to the mission. Or you can know the others, Winston might make sense to already know.
Copy/pasting response to D.: Not quite, she has more of a hands-on approach, and deals directly with the wiring and machinery, so she could have helped with that, just through more mechanical than electronic means, if that makes any sense.
She'd be the girl to go to for gear maintenance and customisation, though.

I see some parallels between Kamisori and Solovei, they might have crossed paths in the past, or just instinctively develop an unspoken kinship for fellow street spawns. Also, snipers work best when paired with a spotter, and Kamisori is a rather good one, making previous collaborations more likely, in my opinion.

Walking a path very similar to Miles', I can see them getting on good terms, or at least developing a friendly rivalry, but they probably wouldn't have met until then.

If Blank's lab could be anywhere near Kamisori's turf, it's very likely she already bought his services, more likely for Lunette than for herself, though.

Let me know, and I'll update my sheet accordingly.

Lastly, about Piloting skills, Kamisori is a drone pilot first and foremost, but she spent enough time on simulators to know how fly the real thing as well. She probably did already a couple times to flee a scene, or mess with a target's resources, but nothing more than a few stunts.
Last edited April 8, 2022 12:27 pm
Apr 8, 2022 12:39 pm
Sounds good.

We are all connected enough that we don't need special/separate recruiting for the job.

@the_cava: Would you like to have Lunette involved in the job? Even if you only find out later?
Apr 8, 2022 6:11 pm
She's all yours, if you have something interesting in mind.
Kamisori won't probably like it, but, as a player, that only makes it more entertaining.
Apr 8, 2022 6:40 pm
Oneshots don't give much time to incorporate background NPCs, but if they are named on the sheet I like to try.

I won't use her as the introduction vector for Kami, since we all know each other somewhat, but might bring her into the situation as we play.
Apr 11, 2022 8:43 am
@Dunko: You still have Smartness listed as Glitchy on your sheet. I don't think it should be, you took Hunted as your price for the second Cyberware?

Could you add the biographical/background information to the sheet, no need to keep the instructions in the Description section once you are done with them.
Apr 11, 2022 1:31 pm
On it!
Apr 11, 2022 2:31 pm
Dunko says:
On it!
Looks good.

You still have 4 of your possible 5 Gear choice pre-made, which does not leave you with a lot of adaptability, but, if you want to do it that way, no problem. It is a radical departure from the way most other games do it.
Apr 11, 2022 5:12 pm
vagueGM says:

You still have 4 of your possible 5 Gear choice pre-made, which does not leave you with a lot of adaptability, but, if you want to do it that way, no problem. It is a radical departure from the way most other games do it.
Lol, that was a result of updating on my phone and I don't think it registered my tapping. I updated w/ none selected to start.
Apr 11, 2022 5:28 pm
Dunko says:
...updating on my phone and I don't think it registered my tapping ...
If that problem persists, let us know. It should (as in 'is supposed to') work on mobile.
Apr 13, 2022 4:52 am
@nezzeraj: You still have Caution listed as Glitchy on your sheet.
I see no reason for it to be, this is probably just left over from the examples in the template?

Do you have a reason to keep the sheet Label as 'Luden'? If so, no worries, else, can you change it to reflect the character?
Apr 13, 2022 5:49 am
All this time I didn't know you could edit the label haha. OK everything is updated now!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.